Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 10-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
AAR Operation Bioshock 3

“As long time Sheriff of the sleepy little town of Mainville, I can honestly say I have never seen the likes of what happened to the good men and women the night of October 17th, 2015. I survived that night, but there were a few who didn't. I still don't know everything that happened, and I reckon I probably never will. What I can tell you is, when the time came, the residents of our town fought back, and they fought back hard! Here is an account of the horror I experienced that night......”

WOW! I have heard tales for years about the Bioshock games. Lots of fantastic stories of epic props, storyline that was worthy of film, and roleplayers that should have been nominated for an academy awards. When I got the word that Ray and Link finally gave in to the requests for another game (probably so we would finally stop bugging them about it and shut the hell up) I didn't care what was going on at home, I was going to go. And if I died before the game, I had directions written up to have my casket there as a prop! Lol Okay, not really, but close.

My friend Jarod, (phish) did the driving to the field. We arrived early in order to lend a hand in setting up if needed. In a bit or irony, Ray was not happy about airsofters showing up early and tossed us out of the gate to line up for entry. I was unaware that the entry was going to actually signal the beginning of the game. We parked, dropped off some items I brought that might be useful for the game, and walked out front to await entry. I really liked that part, checking in was the introduction to the game. Great idea! That would ONLY work with pre-reg, and I thought it was pretty neat.

Once we hit the field, the role playing the civies did on the FB pages in preperation for the game, picked right up in person. It was set up so that the civilians already had issues with each other before we figured out there was an outside threat! It's no secret that I love a good RP game more than the standard force on force Milsim, and this role of Sheriff was soooo tasty!! I even got to Stuff N Kuff Phil!!!!

In an effort to keep from reliving the entire game and boring you to death, I'll try to hit the points that are relevant to an AAR.

The set up of the storyline was incredible. Bolstered by some great props, once darkness fell, it was surreal. To be honest, I don't know how you pulled it all off with the incredibly low entry fee you charged!!! Blood samples, USB drives, the CY6 props (although I didn't get to see the drone, I finally got to see the Nuke prob. You guys gotta let me try my hand at disarming that thing sometime soon!!!) the lights, decon areas, command centers...you guys had it all, and it was FABULOUS!

Gameplay was also top notch! Link passed out missions, and our guys almost fought over who could do them! Our groups continuously kept achieving the missions they were sent on, and we were starting to wonder what missions the Military had, or at least I was. It was pretty obvious at the beginning, plant the explosives, set up a perimeter, try to apprehend your terrorists, but after those were done, I didn't see much of anything except to defend against any civie attacks. Two of the missions were to retrieve USB drives from 'testing locations'. I personally went on two of those missions, and we encountered NO resistance from the military. We figured there would be at least a couple of guards. Again, this is from the civie side, I don't know what your missions were, just letting you know we were a bit confused at the lack of protection.

There was a minor glitch in the prep. A miscommunication about the red chemlights. Players on the civie side were told that they would be provided a red chemlight, but as gameplay started, we found that was not the case and there wasn't enough for everyone. There were quite a few people who brought their own, and a few experienced players who opted to do without so newer folks and those who have never been to the field before could have one. Not a major concern, or really even a safety issue, but still very helpful for not only identifying players who are out when you can't see them very well (if at all) but could could have been helpful in locating any players who may have lost their way or were hurt. Believe me, if this little thing was all I could identify as an issue, then we're still over a 100% rating on this game!! LOL

As any EO will tell you, NOTHING goes without a hitch or even as originally planned. It just. Doesn't. Happen. Ever. Right away, a few of us civies were overthinking the details, and almost derailed the plotline of terrorists. When I was roleplaying the first time meeting Ray in our town, I said something in character and Ray was screwed up and confused looking. “How are you changing this?! It's not supposed to happen that way!” or something to that effect. LOL OOPs!! watching too many crime scene shows and thiller movies I guess. I'm sure there were plenty of things that didn't go as they intended, but as a testiment to Ray, Link and the staff, I didn't notice anything (well, except the example above) that said 'crap, things have fallen apart'. Smooth as a baby's bottom!!!

Players..Oh my the players!! Even tho we weren't supposed to interact with the military, the sportsmanship, the Role playing, ON BOTH SIDES, and just plain folks having a good time was phenominal!!! we even had a bit of time when a military squad who was red ragged, hang out by our fire barrel, trading stories of the game so far with the civies who were also trying to warm up! Lots of laughs, epic moments retold, and overall happy atmosphere!!! Towards the end of the game, people were getting tired, cold, and the fuses were starting to get a bit shorter, but when players put out that much energy during a game, it's understandable. I saw a few folks start to lose patience, but they were able to step back, calm down and move along with no problems at all. When I find myself in situations like that, I try to think about how I would like to have someone react when I make a mistake or accidently do something that sets them off, and I do my best to handle it like I would like them to handle it with me. Everyone at sometime in their airsofting will overshoot someone, or shoot a dead player, or something. And we all have had days when nothing seems to go in your favor, broken guns, missing/lost gear, injury, that sort of thing. When those two people come together during a game, sparks can fly! Everyone I saw at the game handled things extremely well!!!! It gives me hope that with examples of great sportsmanship like that in the view of newer players, we can start to turn things around in the community!!!

I know we're supposed to give feedback and constructive critisism on the game, but darn it, I had such a good time, and things went so smoothly from a player perspective, the only feedback I would give was to make it last longer!! I love night games, all the sneaking, unsure of who you were fighting, the surprise attacks at night make your gut clench a bit harder because you could have an enemy standing right behind you and not know it!! wrap that up with the heavy RP, and I was smiling from ear to ear the whole day!!

I know there were quite a few players came who were still unfamiliar with the RP aspect of the game. They didn't know quite how to interact with each other, let alone get into a character. I'm hoping that by the end of this game, you were able to see how easy and fun it can be to just let go of who you are, and step into the skin of a character and be whomever you want to be for a short while. It's liberating. It's fun! Phish was still a bit leary about the whole RP thing, but after playing last night, he said he was more comfortable with it now, and looks forward to giving it a shot and trying to step into a character for a game that would call for one. For some folks, it's not an easy thing to do, and even after they try, it's still not easy. But my many thanks to those townfolks who signed up for civies team and gave it a try! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Okay, I'm closing it up now. I've given my two cents plus a couple dollars to essentially say this. This game surpassed my expectations, and they were pretty high in comparison to the stories of Bioshocks past. The level of detail in story and props was incredible, the players on both sides were also just as incredible! Even if this was the last Bioshock (and I reallllly hope it isn't), I have so many stories and epic moments playing in my head, I will be telling them for years!

Thank you Ray, Link, and your staff for giving us a chance to play in the Bioshock series!! It was an Honor and a priviledge to be able to do so!

Rygar
AKA Sheriff of Mainville
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:58 PM

203 is a Recruit Private
As my first Bioshock, I had a blast. The best part of the games was from the beginning till about an hour after sun down. The civilians managed to get all of the resources they needed during that time. The second portion after sundown was meh. We lacked missions to go on since we had all the resources we needed.

As for the military, it seemed as if they didn't have their s**t together. We went out looking for resources, and the military had just left their base, command center and all the resources open for grabs making it too easy to get. We didn't even have to put up a fight for it. There was one time three of us walked up to a group of military guys and they just retreated. So we went in and found the medical supplies and ammo just sitting there in the open. Long story short we got cured by 9:30pm and had nothing to do.

Shout out to all the civilians who made this event an absolute blast by roleplaying and keeping the theme alive and not into a bb flinging fest.

Thank you Jonah, Link and Rygar for being the backbone to our team!!
Old 10-19-2015, 10:30 AM

RailHawk is a Private
I have to agree with 203, the military seemed a little shorthanded as far as making sure everything was secured. I'm not really sure how many of them there were, but I think we were close to outnumbering them three-to-one. Bunch of great players on both sides though - Stonewall, 203, and the rest did a great job as far as making sure the military didn't just come in guns blazing (and the rush up at the end to capture Link was great, even if I did wind up being used as a meatshield).
Old 10-19-2015, 12:47 PM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
Quote:
Originally Posted by RailHawk View Post
I have to agree with 203, the military seemed a little shorthanded as far as making sure everything was secured. I'm not really sure how many of them there were, but I think we were close to outnumbering them three-to-one.
Blame players for not signing up. Yes we were sort handed, so much to the point that the game was almost cancelled for not meeting the minimum 100 players. We had slots for 150, we had something like 94 on the field, 60+ being civilians.
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Old 10-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Head View Post
We had slots for 150, we had something like 94 on the field, 60+ being civilians.
Yikes!!! I wasn't aware of the numbers, especially being skewed that bad!!! I'll have to admit, it seemed like there were a lot more of the military than the actual number count says!! You guys were every freaking where when you first came into the town to start the day. But, that also explains why there were areas that weren't being guarded when we had missions to those areas.
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:08 PM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
Everything that went wrong from my perspective was attributed to us holding the event without the numbers it was designed for. I know how that field plays, I know how it plays with certain numbers. 150 players was what we needed to hold that event. We did not get anywhere near that number. I had 6 decon team, 6 medical team and about 2 squads of 12. Thats about 36 military players covering 33 acres at night. half way through the game about 10 of them were in the parking lot.
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:56 PM

RailHawk is a Private
I really have to agree. Even 120 would've been good - as a suggestion, maybe we could relax camo restrictions a little bit for the next year? Multicam's still pretty pricy for a lot of people, even the knockoff stuff is $100 a set if you want something that's not going to fall apart after two or three games (I just ordered a set for $30 off AirSplat, but it's full cotton and nothing else, so I don't expect it to last very long). Allowing UCP or other "modern" US camo patterns (MARPAT/DESPAT, maybe even M81?) would've likely increased the number of players dramatically. I know I would've been up there on military if it had been a different camo or if I had the money for multicam.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:37 AM

X4N43X is a Private
AAR Operation: Bioshock - Grizzly

First of All I would like to take the time to say thank you to Ray and Link. You didn't have to run the event while being at such low registration numbers. I know I am glad you did!

With that said, lets get to the meat here.

Sustain:
I for one definitely loved the environment and committal to roles of the cast of characters I had been involved with. Link, our towns faithful medical healthcare provider, our Friendly neighborhood sheriff, and Our Dutiful Mayor. You guys did fantastic. Players and their characters; awesome. I went to work Monday morning sore and full of pain. The sore, because of the effort from the game. The pain because this might have been the one and only experience of bioshock, for me.

Improve:
Really one two things, One big, One small. We'll start small first. Guys and Gals, If you bring a flashlight to a night game and you intend on using it a lot, Please for the love of all things holy, learn flashlight control or in other words, point it the the ground to see. You have a small amount of natural night vision as a human but it is torn apart by white light, AKA a regular flashlight. Protip: A red light source will let you retain that night-vision and not blind other players. The other thing is bigger, Commitment. These fine folk such as link and ray in this case, and others like OOTB, and Blade etc, work INCREDIBLY hard for use to come out and mess up all their hard-worked plans. lol. But in all seriousness it takes a lot of time, money, sweat, family time to prepare for these things and I for one am sick of the "I don't like this one small rule, I will never come again." If you cry like that it makes me think you are a spoiled little child and I want more for airsoft in Ohio. You want to voice a problem, as many have been pointing out that's what AAR's are for. Not for Whining and Moaning, but Constructive criticism.

Replace: The only I have to say to replace is, Get rid of that Frakking blue light near Containment 2. lol

This Is,
Grizzly
...Out.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:08 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
For those who may not know, Bioshock 2 was my first organized milsim in the world of Airsoft Ohio many moons ago. Since that game, I have waited for Bioshock 3 and I can tell you after years of waiting every second spent in anticipation was well worth it.

This event delivered in every way I could have hoped for. From the immersion second one entering the gate, to the props, to the leadership this event was amazing. As Mayor of the townsfolk our day started at a "town hall meeting" addressing concerns while locating several vials of the bioshock toxin. As we carefully examined them the cries of the government plotting our deaths grew from the constitutionalists and it was only the steady hand of leadership of our sheriff that saved the day.

When the government troops entered the town and began shooting our drunks at the bar....that's when things got interesting.

From a game design perspective Bioshock delivered all as promised. The organic tension built from the first time that the military entered the town and pushed us all out to do their business. When they started shooting the citizens began freaking out and the soldiers (most of them) maintained their line of being here to help which quickly boiled over when myself and the Sheriff were shot down for trying to get answers. The objectives were clearly delivered from Link and the props were truly amazing. Often times our guys would come back into town hall with a dossier or a case and Link never missed a beat staying in character about what it did or what our next steps were.

Getting to hold a trial for a captured soldier was one of the most fun moments I have had in airsoft and Scortch was a tremendous sport about the whole thing. It's a large plus that he had such a skilled lawyer to plead his case otherwise we may have force fed him a bottle of bioshock toxin in our thirst for revenge .

I realize this is a bit disjointed and I am jumping around a lot but I am still geeking out over this game and how wonderful it was.

Sustain: Sustain everything. The props, the objectives, the storyline, the execution from a veteran EO and player perspective was perfect. At no point did we feel safe and the few times we let our guard down we were quickly reminded of why security is critical as military forces stormed our town. The role-play interactions between the military and the civilians was top notch and the effects were everything that I remember from Bioshock 2.

Improve/Replace: From my perspective the issues that the event had were not anything within the control of Ray or Link. As Ray said earlier it is hard to run a game the way it was designed when 2/3 of your target number show up but that is on the players, not on Ray. This game was hyped, promoted, pushed and it's virtues extolled yet only 100 or so players signed up. For that I say shame on us as a community. If we don't support amazing events when they show up, we have nobody but ourselves to blame if they go away.

This was one of the best times I have ever had taking the airsoft field and I can tell you I got my money's worth before I ever stepped on the field. Should Bioshock 4 happen, I assure you I will be there with bells on.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:20 AM

Matt_G_83 is a Private
AAR Bioshock 3.

Ive never written an aar so bear with me.

First hats off to the people who made this happen it was great, also big shoutout to my fellow resturaunt patrons, Greasy Spoon we will never forget.

My experience I must say was great, this was my first milsim style event. And the excitment level was through the roof, players developed good back stories and did great at getting into the role playing making it a very intense beliveable situation.

My favorite moment took about an hour to unfold, I was part of the resturaunt squad and 6 of us volunteered to go get the second antidote case from the enemy base. We were able to sneak around flank the base get in grab the case and get out without a single shot fired, although at one point we had to lay down and hide in the weeds from an enemy squad patrol that passed about 15ft from us. It was a very intense moment.

Like everyone else flashlight control is my biggest gripe. When you're walking back and you havent used a flashlight or been near a light source for an hour, and a fellow civilian blinds you with a tac light and continues to blind you after you verbally announce you're civilians ... its pretty frustrating, I'm sure I wasnt the only one who considered a full auto unload out of frustration at some point that night. But I did NOT do that bc I would not want it done to me.

If Bioshock 4 happens, I'll be ready to defend my town again...
Old 10-20-2015, 09:50 AM

Accident Prone is a Private
Talking Bioshock 3 AAR

As soon as the event was released, the hype for this game and from past bioshocks made BS3 sound like the 3rd coming of the greatest event ever. As we came closer to the event date, I feared it wouldn't live up to its massive hype. Bioshock 3 not only lived up to the hype, but surpassed it tenfold.

What really helped this event to be so great was that it started before it started. Let me clarify: the role playing from the village of Maineville in the online forums weeks before the actual event really helped identify the situation, the level of tension in the village, and that role that should be played by each group. It also helped me fully understand the storyline of the event. As a constitutionalist, I figured out that I wasn't just a civi who starts with a gun, but actually a member of a group who is pro carry and prepared against expected government takeover. I thought of this role as basically a prepper. Being sure about what we were suppose to do really increased the quality of role playing for the entire event. Great job by OOBI and DP for organizing this. I may add that we could have those conversations/updates in the AO forums next time, so players can migrate into AO, and the heated exchanges and terrified citizens can be archived.

On the day of the game, I arrived to the field at about 1550 hours, to find a line at the gate, which was scheduled to open at 1600. Being checked at the gate by the military team in their hazmat suits was a great pregame add, and made it feel like you were actually entering a contamination area. Even though I arrived before the gates were scheduled to open, I had to park in the overflow lot (I like this players being on time thing!). First thing I did was chrono my gun, which had a some mag problems at the chrono station, but worked itself out (sorry Link!). After that was back to the car to loadup, which didn't take long since my loadout wasn't extensive. Link did the pregame briefing, which a majority of civilians were present for, then we deployed to the field.

Once all the civilians were in the village, the town meeting began right were the FB forum left off. The role playing was amazing, it felt like an actually concerned town, with civilians at each others throats, along with professionalism from Mayor Jonah, Sheriff Rygar, and Dr. Link trying to calm the village. Soon after the meeting ended, biocontainers were found, and the constitutionalists were asked to help guard them. The military appeared shortly thereafter, and the police arrested Drew Davidison and Phil Bowen, accused as FBI Top Ten most wanted criminals. The constitutionalists became very upset, and almost violent when this happened! We managed to free Drew and Phil, then made our escape towards the field. Once there we found a downed UAV, along with the dead bodies of the missing men (who's names I'm failing to remember). We set up a perimeter, and we sent a runner to let the town know what we had found.

At this time I tested my scar to make sure my hop up setting were correct. To my dismay, the bbs went a mere 30 ft. After trying each of 6 mags, I had to empty the top 2/3rds of each mag to have normal results. Turns out the mags just needed some TLC. I also realized that my butt plate went missing, but I didn't spend too much time looking for it, thinking I had no hope. I ended up getting it back when Cody found it in the municipal building. Thanks Cody!

Our runner returned, and we found out that the military shot the sheriff and set bombs all over the town. We decided to try to regain control over the town, and split in half to maintain control of the UAV. The military was mostly pulled out of the village by the time we arrived, so we regrouped with town leadership, then redeployed. The bodies of the 2 dead men into the village and the UAV were moved to village, and Cody, Jake (203), and I went to look for supplies. Over by the loading docks we ran into the med squad from the military led by Christian Sholder, and had a small firefight that left me dead before we ceased fire to negotiate with them. I was revived, and we traded blood samples for promised food and water (we never got our food and water). After leaving the med squad, we ran into another military squad, who took our blood samples by force. At first Cody and I resisted, but then complied. Jake never complied and was shot in the chest by 3 guys. They took our samples, and claimed they saved us from Jake, saying he was a level 3, then told us to return to our village as they left. (Jake was actually a level 1, but its standard *** covering for killing a non-compliant civilian) Cody and I, who were still alive, moved into the LZ and happened to stumble across the antidote and some water. We grabbed them and went straight to the village with no shots fired. When we returned and presented the antidote to the civilians, Dr. Link hugged Cody for retrieving it.

Our next mission was to retrieve insulin for the antidote, since Dr. Link ordered some from Amazon. The package had been confiscated and was at the loading docks. Jake and Cody went and talked to the military forces at the barricade while Nelson and I provided rear support. Eventually the military moved out completely, leaving the loading dock wide open, allowing Cody to secure the insulin package without firing a shot. We then secured the loading docks and captured an ammo crate as well. By this time, it was dark. At the village, a barrel fire was going, which was extremely nice, and I took a break to eat.

Some time later, Link had the antidote figured out and started to cure the civilians. But when Cody, Jake, and I went to get healed, Link had ran out of the first antidote case, and progressed us to level 3! So to be as insane as possible, we hunted the military without gear or guns in hopes to hug them to death. After circling almost the entire field, we were shot on the backside of the village by a military squad, with no hugging. We bled out and returned to the village to find a clusterf***. The military was all around the municipal building, preventing civilians from respawning. Additionally, there was a lot of dead inside, including Ray, who was almost captured by Link. After the village was taken, the military team moved out so we could respawn and continue the game. The remainder of the night, I wasn't involved in much else besides the constant firefight between the LZ and loading docks.

As the military ended up clearing most of the civilians and moved into the building in this portion, I began hearing some complaints. Military team members moving into the building would shoot dead in the arms, plate carriers, or legs when rags/lights weren't visible, and double/triple tapped living members. To my knowledge, no one was shot in the face or injured in any way, so I applaud these guys for their clean and safe room clearing. I see no issue with one shot to center mass to insure guys you think are dead, are dead, when you are unsure. I was shot from about 15ft on the shoulder/upper arm, and yeah, it hurt, but I understand the motive. And for those alive complaining about double/triple taps, yes one round will do it, but you can't be 100% sure that the first shot will be a hit, and multiple shots helps the player to call their hit. This is all clean CQC fighting in my book.

All in all, I loved the event and would definitely be back for Bioshock 4. Paying $35 as the early prereg. seemed low after the game was over, and I would be perfectly fine paying $50 for that quality of a game. The role playing was well done by both sides in all of my encounters, and I had no issues with sportsmanship throughout the event. Only complaint is that by the end of he event, there were no more objectives to complete, granted the success of the civilians was not expected to be as high. Way to go civilians for completing practically every objective and saving Maineville! Special thanks to OOBI and DP for planning this event, I'm really hoping for a Bioshock 4 in the future.

For those who considered attending, but didn't for non-scheduling reasons, you f***** up!!! Best event of the year.

We would've had some great video if Rygar was wearing his body cam...

*Bioshock 3 had more tire roadblocks and barrel fires than Irene*
Old 10-20-2015, 05:47 PM

BScrilla is a Private
AAR for Bioshock 3

AAR for Bioshock 3

This being my first time being at Devil's Playground and my first time at a Bioshock event I really had no idea what to expect. All I knew about the event was that Jonah kept saying that this was an event that you should not miss. From the time that we got there after a long drive from Cleveland to the end of the event, this event did not disappoint. Great role playing from both sides and great sportsmanship from both sides. I only heard a little bit about hit calling but nothing that was to extreme. I would have to agree with many other people that have posted an AAR one thing that we all need to keep in mind is light discipline. Its annoying. I am sure that at times I also could have done a better job at keeping my light down and that is something that a lot of us need to work on.

Sustain: Everything. This was one of the best and most fun events that I have ever been to. From the roleplaying of the players to the staff it was great. The props were awesome from the nuke to the drone(which somehow I ended up with what I believe is the drone hard drive in my dump pouch and have to somehow return back to the field). The fireworks and/or flares were great and scared the crap out of me many times as I was trying to find those pesky soldiers in complete silence. This was a pro but I still hated it--the stupid blue light that was pointed down the road towards our town. It blinded me every time. Which I am sure was the purpose but I still loved/hated it.

Improve/Replace: Only 2 things really. 1 could have been controlled by the field/EO's and the other can't be helped by them. 1st-Player participation. If you say that you are going to attend on the FB page then attend/register. If you are not going to go then don't say that you are. These EO's put a lot of time/money/ideas into these events and they deserve the respect that if you are going to go then register. If you are not going to go then change your status on the FB page to not going. I know that many other people have already said a lot about the participation so I am not going to beat a dead horse. Just sign up so we can continue to have great events like these. 2-The info for this event was not available in a timely manner. Many people had asked for info months before the event happened and we did not get any info about it. I didn't even know what time the event ended until about 1-2 weeks before the event happened. Is this why people didn't sign up for the event?--maybe--but probably not.

To end my rant I just want to say this. Once again this was one of the best times that I have had playing airsoft. I can always tell when I have had a good time somewhere when the 8 hours only feels like 2-3 hours and I want more. I want to say thank you to the EO's for this event and a special thank you to Mayor Jonah, Sherriff Rygar, the Maineville citizens and my fellow Constitutionalist. Little out!!
Old 10-21-2015, 06:06 PM

Scorch is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Head View Post
That's about 36 military players covering 33 acres at night. half way through the game about 10 of them were in the parking lot.
I would also add that after night fell it seemed most of the Military team, including myself, had lost communication with each-other. Seemed like everybody's radios went down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
Getting to hold a trial for a captured soldier was one of the most fun moments I have had in airsoft and Scorch (ftfy ) was a tremendous sport about the whole thing. It's a large plus that he had such a skilled lawyer to plead his case otherwise we may have force fed him a bottle of bioshock toxin in our thirst for revenge .
Probably the highlight of my night, one one hand, I am glad I got away and wasn't shot, but I was totally prepared to fall to the dirt rasping after drinking bioshock juice.

No joke I did not know what to say, I would have probably been force fed a bottle of toxin then shot without my right to legal council.

I guess my case was easy, though. I literally did not shoot any civilians outside direct combat, and literally knew nothing of Project Bioshock, until the trial happened. (Let's be clear here, terrorists captured by military in the town right after a drone carrying chemical weapons gets shot down over a populated area? Gee that's just a terrible tragedy.)

Like I said, the trial showed me that there was more happening there that had yet to be made clear.

Amazing event, need moar.

Last edited by Scorch; 10-21-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:04 PM

Grimm is a Private
Bioshock AAR

Well to start this off, this event will be in my head for the rest of my life. It will forever be one of the best events I have ever been in. I was with Luke(Accident Prone) for most of the event. I was the Squad leader for the Constitutionalists. I would like to thank all of the men in my squad for one because you all required no motivation and after we split into our separate teams to go about our business, you guys did awesome. Evil Head, Link, and all the guys who helped put this event on, truly thank you.

Link, Jonah, Rygar thank you guys for leading the civilian team. For me the day started off right where the FB forum left off. Tyler Bills accusing me of burning down his diner(false accusation of course), and denying my claims that the military was in the area. Well shortly after our first get together, the Feds attempted to arrest my boys. I say attempt because while Rygar had them being cuffed we got them away(still not sure how this happened I turned my back for a sec). We ran away and untied them. We were running to the woods when we found the drone. I sent a runner/lookout to the town to tell the Doc what we had found.

The runner came back and reported the sheriff had been executed and some of the civilians were being rounded up. The constitutionalists took a vote, we voted to try and protect the town and it’s people. We came back to the town and chased the military out(I snuck up on someone in the woods and scared them dearly, so sorry). Soon after is basically where Accident Prone’s story picks up.

So with that being said, the effects, props, roadblocks, lighting, and players were great. Honestly they are what made this event what it was. The only things I would change were out of the EO’s control and that is getting more players to come out and play. I apologize for registering late, however I did not mind paying the late fee. I believe it was just.

Truly if you missed this event I am sorry this event will bring me loving memories until I can no longer remember them. Thanks again
"When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home....Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart."
-Tecumseh
Old 10-22-2015, 02:04 PM

Son of Liberty is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Son of Liberty Send a message via Yahoo to Son of Liberty
I was there
Warning: My vagina is big enough to swallow your self-esteem. Read my comments with caution.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:14 PM

Link is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Link Send a message via Yahoo to Link
I just sewed my gopro footage together for a 12 minute glimpse of what Dr Link saw for the first two hours of the night. When the battery ran dead, I started charging it back up but completely forgot to start recording again. Hopefully I will get the video up this evening (it's rendering now).

To begin, we needed the event information out sooner, I agree. I am one of those guys who prepare weeks ahead for an event by going over the player pack several times, and not getting it out to you guys with more than one week to go through it was out bad. I'd like to blame all the props and field setup and everything else you were able to enjoy as our reason for putting off the player packs, but that's just not right, so I apologize.

Aside from that, the way my civilians took Facebook as a pre-game background story building environment absolutely shocked me. I was, of course, planning to deliver the few details needed before the game in character on the group page, but the way everyone jumped on board and began building off of each other's stories was amazing. I was not expecting it and only got concerned once or twice when you guys would start to get too far away from the story line, or guess a little too accurately at what was going to happen. I loved every second of it.

Having information and blood samples (but not glowsticks) to give out before the game while trying to get generators going, chrono the few latecomers, and get all the squads lined up was the biggest problem I had the whole night. Thank goodness. I was worried it was going to go from bad to worse, but after the military rolled in and had everyone either on the ground voluntarily or shot dead, it slowed down enough for me to get my bearings and we got back on track.

You guys found the bottles and brought them back, you played your infections well, especially the handful of you who went Phase 3, you got the drone and the intel from it, you got the intel from all 3 Decon stations, the hard drives from all 3 weather stations, the antidote (both cases) plus the extra components at the shipping yard, you somehow captured the military CO (who was allowed to die by his own men rather than be rescued alive, so we don't get official capture credit), and you guys let me be taken only to keep me from being officially captured as well. Holy cow, you guys did great. We disarmed the bombs, got the antidote, and even had all the evidence we had gathered sent to NATO via the military's own comm station.

Thank you all for working together, despite declaring yourself mortal enemies beforehand (played out perfectly, BTW), and for keeping on task all night. Spectre, I'm sorry for trying to blow us up with the C4, but I panicked. Turned out all right afterall. And Liberty, you were there. You and Rowdy both. You made the video. And I'd like to specially thank you two for participating on the forum despite your inability to be in Cincinnati for the night.

You were all amazing.

https://youtu.be/Ls5KBY6JMjM

Last edited by Link; 10-25-2015 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Video Link added

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: