Noel911 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Noel911
Kurt, your links aren't working.

Tokyo Marui M249 release!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:25 PM

Mullet is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Mullet Send a message via Yahoo to Mullet
Quote:
If a tight budget is hampering you, may I suggest rather than Hatch's Operator Gloves, Nomex Flight/Tactical Gloves. Inexpensive ($25.00ish) and widely popular with American fighting force (Specs-Ops, etc) and made in the USA.
I was thinking of just leaving gloves out until later on. I'll just get some cheap gloves from Wal-Mart to use when it's cold until I'm ready to get some good ones like the Nomex or Hatch gloves.

Quote:
As for boots. If you want Mil-Issued/Contracted boots (for Woodland), my top three picks would be Altama, Magnum (Hi-Tech) and Bellville. Like I said, if money is a factor:
I've heard alot of bad things about Magnum boots and them falling apart very quickly.

Great moments from the AO Chat room:
[Disposable Soldier] 12:14 am: "i seriously am serious about not being sure about the seriousness of
the gravity of your seriousness of the situation of you thinking about being serious about my severity
of the opinion of seriousness of the topic of seriousness. I'm so serious...."
Old 01-17-2007, 10:26 PM

browning is a Private First Class
Disciple, what exactly is your budget for your gear setup (minus boots, BDUs, gun)? I have something in mind .
Old 01-17-2007, 10:29 PM

Mullet is a Private
For load bearing gear?

I only want to spend $100-$150 max starting out. Including vest and pouches. Reall all I'm wanting to start out with is the vest, ammo pouches, a utility pouch, and maybe a dump pouch (belt or MOLLE).

/e

What goggles would you recommend for $60 or less if the ones I was looking at fog up badly?

[Disposable Soldier] 12:14 am: "i seriously am serious about not being sure about the seriousness of
the gravity of your seriousness of the situation of you thinking about being serious about my severity
Old 01-17-2007, 10:35 PM

Noel911 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Noel911
ESS landops googles are great, I have them and they aren't to bad when it comes to fogging.

Tokyo Marui M249 release!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Disciple
For load bearing gear?

I only want to spend $100-$150 max starting out. Including vest and pouches. Reall all I'm wanting to start out with is the vest, ammo pouches, a utility pouch, and maybe a dump pouch (belt or MOLLE).
Ah ok, then my idea isn't going to work.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:23 PM

airsoft1337 is a Private
I own quite a few items from cheaperthandirt. I just got my plate carrier for christmas (filled with cardboard cut outs)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...7/IMG_2235.jpg

I LOVE it, after using it, I know it is going to last me for a long while. I dove down onto rocks, among other things, while playing a few weeks back and the vest took it beautifully. Also on the page he brought up with the OD plate carrier, I am the airsoft/hobbyist in the reviews.

2 thumbs up for the mil-spec stuff!

Neil

Almost Only Counts in Horseshoes and Handgrenades!

Old 01-18-2007, 12:35 AM

Mullet is a Private
Huge thanks for that, man. I think I will get that plate carrier now.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:39 AM

Lone Gunman is a Private
Well I use, or have used, Tactical Tailor, Blackhawk, HSGI, BDS, TAG, SDS, Spec Ops, Patriot performance, and Cheaper than dirt. My "ridiculous Rig" or poor mans DOVA, is A TT molle vest with almost all CTD pouches. They work just as good as some of the aforementioned pouches. I also have the plate carrier, which is my CQB rig. When I went to Irene 4 i purchased 3 of the double M4 pouches and the functioned flawlessly. Plus allot of us on 6MM Militia are using the CTD vests and pouches. So if you are on a budget then the CTD stuff will work for ya.

Rack Em

Lone Gunman

"Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus"
Old 01-18-2007, 01:46 AM

Gumbizzle is a Private
Not to hi-jack the thread, but I'm looking into getting my Rig/rack/gear too.

browning, could you PM me or post it on this thread of what you're idea was? Just would like to see another idea.

Now no one hang me because it's Ebay. I know the Downfalls of Ebay, read the airsoft horror stories about it. But I found this on there, I dunno if it'd be a good vest of not, though I personally am leaning in the not direction, though never used it, so don't know....

Click here

O and those mag pouches look like the mag would pop right out....(but again no experience with them)

Gum
Old 01-18-2007, 11:53 AM

PvtPublic is a Private
Send a message via AIM to PvtPublic
Quote:
Originally posted by Disciple
For load bearing gear?

Don't forget, you may be able to find a Specialty Defense Systems Fighting Load Carrier or Super FLC on an auction site (all I see on eBay right now is ACU or Three-color) or forum where lots of gear hogs like us hang out, with plenty of pouches. It'll be lighter weight than the molle vests you've been looking at, and possibly cheaper.

The zipper in the middle of a vest should make no difference whatsoever, if you rig your pouches properly it'll never get in the way. I mean, I use an FLC like I just recommended, and the zipper's not gotten in the way of rigging a good load.

But, if all else fails, ignore us all, go with what you want. One of the few things Blarney said that rang true was "If it's comfortable and works, then go for it."
Old 01-18-2007, 06:26 PM

D-Boy is a Private
Send a message via AIM to D-Boy
I have ran my magnums for 2 years and they are fine. As far as gear, most replica stuff never seems to hold up. Say what you want, but there is no replacement for the real thing. Also at a gun show, a buddy of mine picked up Marine issued ESS NVG profiles. I bought mine for $60 a while back, but he got his 6 for 5 dollars each. The only thing was they were caked in dust and were used. As far as gear, my entire team uses the HSGI Weesatch now (except for one as he runs the m60). That rig in, our opinion, is a great setup. If you are in the cincinnati area or going to the striker game coming up, just ask and you can try out it.

Thanks,
Jack

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. Ron Swanson
Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gumbizzle
browning, could you PM me or post it on this thread of what you're idea was? Just would like to see another idea.
HSGI Weesatch (Exactly as D-Boy speaks of...)

You've already got the magazine pouch (internal) built in, so no need to worry about going out and buying seperate magazine pouches. The internal magazine pouch holds eight mags, but you can fit ten if you use the two end pockets. The Weesatch also sports an internal utility pouch that you can put an assortment of things in, ranging from pens and knives to cold smokes. There's also plenty of real estate on the Weesatch since your magazine pouches are already built in. Basically all you need with the Weesatch is a couple of SAW or medical pouches to store extra ammo and supplies in and a hydration carrier.

Here's my current set up with my Weesatch:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...r/IMG_0177.jpg

HSGI Weesatch w/ HSGI Shoulder Pads (with 1" foam inserts to help it fill out)
TAG Hydration Carrier
TAG Medical Pouch
SDS Medical Pouch
SDS SAW Pouch (not visible, on the back)

Basically a simple loadout and it only cost ~$300 with all the pouches I had (Weesatch was $185 at OpTactial).

If you need more detailed pics just ask, I can take more .
Basically that's all I need
Old 01-19-2007, 03:54 PM

Mullet is a Private
That looks and sounds very nice, but of course not enough money. A possibility for the future though.

A bit further in the future than anticipated too. My computer (I'm on my mother's) just croaked last night and if I can't find a way to get it back to life again I'll end up spending the money meant for the airsoft loadout on a brand new computer. Not cool.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:07 PM

Blarney is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Blarney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Clips View Post
lay bait - check
sniper vail - check
scope sighted in - check
round locked - check
waiting for Blareny to show - not check
****, I havent posted here in a while, and your still acting like a kid. I dont care what you people think, your pathetic in the way you act towards people. Get out of your elitist attitudes and grow up.

Id be extremely surprised if you could use a bolt action rifle, let alone be able to hide out of sight and then gun another human down because you dont think I own a .45 caliber pistol. If you really want those pics so bad, let me know.

The funniest thing is posting so much info, to which you ALL give me credit for (and even going so far as some mods wanting me to moderate as well), and then turning around and spouting off a bunch of redundant threats into something that you have absolutely NO involvement in, that are over a year old about a website that lays waste to people that play airsoft. You guys have horrible sense of judgement.

Last edited by Blarney; 02-10-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Raffle bandit

output01x is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to output01x Send a message via Yahoo to output01x
Blarney, I am going to be as honest with you as possible.

Does Big Clips have it out for you? Kinda yeah.
Does he take it too far? Possibly.
Why does he take it that far? Because he doesn't want you around Airsoft Ohio.
Why doesn't he want you here? Because being associated with you makes us look bad.
Why do we look bad because of you? Because you said some very ignorant and inappropriate things on LF.
So why do we stick up for this forum that lays waste to airsofters? Because like it or not, they have fought, suffered, and payed for the rights you take for granted. They don't single out airsofters in particular, they single out people that act tactical but are doing something stupid instead.

Remember that airsoft is a game where we imitate real operators. And as we all know, imitation is the highest form of flattery. So as an airsofter, you should have more respect for those that fight for our country, including those on LF. Therefore, your lack of respect for our soldiers causes individuals like Big Clips and myself to have a lack of respect for you.

Output
08th EU
Old 02-10-2007, 11:16 PM

Blarney is a Private
I think its horrible how you think that one person, who hardly posts here, and has contributed a lot of positive things to this forum makes you look bad in front of a bunch of people that refuse to accept you.

Im joining up too, doing my part. How dare you tell me I dont respect the soldiers. I cant believe you can even think you have the gaull to say something like that too me, you have no idea what I do for those that served. Have you ever volunteered at a Veterans home? I think not. Have you ever donated to soldiers abroad, even those you dont know? I doubt it. I contribute a lot to those overseas, and right now 3 of my best friends are going to be going over there while I do ROTC along with another friend of mine. Respect is something I have a lot of for the military, and because of what happened on LF, FROM OVER A YEAR AGO, you people continue to spout off nonsense to my face. I NEVER IMITATE the real guys, I airsoft, simple as that. You may think what you want, I mean seeing as how its been a year now and Haji thinks the whole thing is overblown, I can safely tell you Ill be doing what many of the people here havent, Joining up.

You guys have NO INVOLVEMENT, NONE WHATSOEVER in the affairs at LF, NOR WILL ANY OF YOU REALIZE WHAT TRANSPIRED. Leave your reservations to yourself, they hold no water.

I refuse to speak publicly anymore about this petty subject, PM inbound to Big Clips, Loki and output01x.

Last edited by Blarney; 02-10-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:11 AM

And why did you just ruin this perfectly easy-going thread with all of this fighting nonsense? Get a room you two.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Blarney is a Private
I apologize, but some comments made by certain member were unwarranted. I have PMed those involved and request that this nonsense be removed.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Highroller

theblackfox is a Private
Browning step off. You wanna make the thread better then post something on topic.

Output, Good action.

BC, As always good hunting see you friday.

Blarney why do you even post here? Maschostic much?

Last edited by theblackfox; 02-11-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:44 AM

Blarney is a Private
perhaps I should PM you as well.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:19 AM

fststang65 is a Private
i order alot of my stuff from navyseals.com they are pretty good on prices and good service.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:05 AM

Big Clips is a Private First ClassBig Clips is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Big Clips Send a message via Yahoo to Big Clips
Look champ,

I still havent seen these pics that you were so excited about sending me and proving me wrong. So, dont say Im full of it, until you prove me wrong, something you still have yet to do.

Youre a bad vibe man. You lie and lie and lie, and then when caught in the act, say things like we dont know what we are talking about. I was on lightfighter, I dont post because Im not a moron.

I think you should put a cork in it and stop trying to play diplomat because youre sounding as if you are some responsible person who needs a lifetime movie made about them, and not the lying sack of dung that tells everyone how awesome you are.

And what is this PM nonsense? Army grunts dont have the option of going to Xavier to promote a "legacy". Dont send me anymore PMs with your life story, because Im not intrested.

You lost weight too eh? Hopefully it was from a labotomy.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:46 AM

Blarney is a Private
you truly are pathetic, you really are. My god, you are really a pathetic weak minded individual. Expect those pics shortly, I cant believe you cant tell from those pics just goes to show your too much an airsofter to see anything. And when youve proved me wrong, you can start talking with your interent penis, but for now, your just rattling sabres, because you have no idea whats going on.

Im being a diplomat because I am not some kid you make me out to be, on the contrary Im probably smarter, more involved in the community and a rather all around good guy in the faces of most people I make, you see, your problem is that your putting LF on a pedastel. You make them out to be the gods of all things military. They represent a small amount of individuals that jack around all day on the forums and post new guns since they arent in the military anymore. The constantly bash those they find to be odd in their eyes, and they make fun of anyone holding a plasticdeath rifle. Your favoring those that would just as soon as favor you as they would eat cow dung.

Get a reality check Big Clips, your worshipping those that hate you, and they, for the most part, remain to be a bunch of bigots.

You have a lot to grow up about, and you need to get your priorities straight. Big Clips, grow the **** up and act like someone whos worth something, because all your doing right now is slapping your e-penis around, and making yourself look like an *******. May god have mercy on your soul, I hope your not like this off the websites, for if you are, Seek help Immediatly.

For the rest of you, I have no qualms, nor have I done anything wrong in the least bit on these forums. You can all be the judges, but these "senior" members believe that they have something to do with past incidents from a year ago, that in no way involved them in the least bit. They are acting like children.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:45 AM

Kurt Klaus is a Private
You have to be kidding me Blarney. Of off all the posts you have created, over half you have either started an argument, insulted them or disapproved of someone elses methods and gave them an order rather than a suggestion (buy this, buy that, dont get that it sucks). Just in the past few days you have posted nothing but negative posts, suggestions and/or info. Have you contributed to this thread? These posts are no better, you could have decided to take this via PM with people, but no instead you went with an outright public incident. And you wonder why we state these things? You wonder why the title you have is more of a mockery?

You have come off to be the biggest wannabe think you know it all type, and it all started with those three gear threads (which was proabably the only good thing you contributed and the only reason you got a high rating in the first place) and your complaits and issues of other and bring your personal issues here. You have issues with seniors members? I hope that you get your act together before you get yourself in bigger mess.

Back on topic. Disciple, how is that new rig going?

Last edited by Kurt Klaus; 02-11-2007 at 10:57 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: