Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 12-29-2007, 09:40 AM

Sidd is a Private First ClassSidd is a Private First Class
I agree with lu, I will have my gun peace bonded and oranged(mp5)

Anyone have an idea how to peace bond a shotgun? I dont have a barrel plug for it.

also T MINUS SIX DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!1

KKKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! !!!!

(14:33:39) Agent_Spencer: You just fly into an uncontrollable punching rage with those mother****ers on.
(14:33:48) Agent_Spencer: It's like High Speed Low Drag Hulk Hands.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:58 AM

Veritas is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Veritas Send a message via MSN to Veritas
I hate you all...
Old 12-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Weekly Quiz winner 2K7

Thatfatmacdude is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Thatfatmacdude Send a message via Yahoo to Thatfatmacdude
DUO AND KKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNN NNNN CLAN!

Announcement!

Due to my upcoming knee surgery (AGAIN) I will not be able to attend the hotel segment of the party. However if I can find a wheelchair I will at least come down for the day.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:25 AM

here this is for Red

(14:33:39) Agent_Spencer: You just fly into an uncontrollable punching rage with those mother****ers on.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:23 PM

V_Dub is a Private
Send a message via ICQ to V_Dub Send a message via AIM to V_Dub Send a message via Yahoo to V_Dub

sidd....

that wins!

Your rank is directly correlated to how many beers I drink to deal with you.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:03 PM

Veritas is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Veritas Send a message via MSN to Veritas
****ing perfect!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
Ginger Power!

Old 12-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Raffle bandit

output01x is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to output01x Send a message via Yahoo to output01x
Attention: The Khan Is In Imminent Danger!

Output Is Coming To The Khhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn!!!!

Output
08th EU
Old 12-30-2007, 10:15 PM

V_Dub is a Private
Send a message via ICQ to V_Dub Send a message via AIM to V_Dub Send a message via Yahoo to V_Dub
oh t3h n035!!!!!!1!1!!oneoneoneshiftone1eleven

Old 12-30-2007, 10:25 PM
The Sniper

Duo Chan is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Duo Chan Send a message via MSN to Duo Chan Send a message via Yahoo to Duo Chan
Woo hoo! Output's coming! This shall be a blast.

Okay everyone out there, we need $65 more, one more person for the whole weekend, or else we're going to be a big pile of guys sleeping ontop of each other in one suite... Ideas nao!

http://google.com
Old 12-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Pro Communitus

Okay, how does this sound for my gun.

1. Gearbox entirely removed.

2. Orange tape on the flash hider (Seriously, this will not come off unless you pry it off with a screw driver).

3. Barrel plug that is held into the gun by the tape in an "X" formation. The barrel plug is red.

Spetz, will that work?

Old 12-31-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Okay, how does this sound for my gun.

1. Gearbox entirely removed.

if you take the gearbox out how are you going to attach the grip?

you know the grip that attaches directly to the gear box?

Old 12-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Highroller

mr_kong is a Private First Classmr_kong is a Private First Class
unless its a p90
Old 12-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Pro Communitus

/me face palms

Solution found. Going to take my teammates gear (I'm going to replicate his gear anyhow in the very near future, so it'll be like a look into the future of Red). Going to take the P90.

Gearbox out, orange tape on silencer, etc. etc....?

Last edited by Red; 12-31-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:59 PM

Spetsnaz is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu View Post
Meh, I will protest the destruction of a gun if they try to trigger ziptie mine, if there idiotic enough to not realize a trigger zip tie is less safe then a device designed to protect the gun from misfiring... what has the world come to.
The only thing I can say to this is do not bring expensive guns then.

If you need a prop for your costume, get a cheap springer and gut it. It's what I do, and I never have any issues with it.

I'm not 100% sure what will happen, they may make us require to zip tie the triggers again, they may not. I'm not in charge, so I can not say for certain.

What I can say is this. If you can prove that the gun can not fire and can not be easily made to fire, then you are good.

I do not see why zip-tieing a trigger down is more unsafe than letting it be. A zip-tied down trigger results in the gun not being able to have it pulled. An exposed trigger is...well, we need not to go there, do we?

As for being idiotic. I'm not going to make a comment on that.

If you protest anything, and cause a huge issue out of it you WILL land yourself in more trouble than it will be worth.

I'm not looking to be the bad guy, but rules are rules. I have to follow certain rules, you have to follow certain rules. Everyone has a policy. I am not a big fan on some of our security policies, but I just move on and do not worry about it.

The most I can also say is if you guys think our rules are bad? Heh. Try going to Otakon. Then come back to me.

I had my gun taken away because a staffer broke my magazine out and he said I could not have it because it moved. People were told to take their guns back to their car/room because the stocks folded or moved.

Having these props in public is a VERY risky thing. We have to go by certain things to go through with it. It can easily be taken away. Columbus PD could easily come up and say "You know what, we had too many complaints this year about airsoft guns and prop guns. You guys are not allowed to let people bring them in anymore."

So, consider it lucky for now that we can even have our props.

Progressive Airsofter, for the good of the people. Since 2003.
KILL TAN.
Load outs: Russia | IDF. Molle and Multicam go home!
Have a Russian, Soviet, or Eastern Bloc kit? Interested in making one?
O-RUS

Last edited by Spetsnaz; 12-31-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:33 PM
The Sniper

Send a message via AIM to Duo Chan Send a message via MSN to Duo Chan Send a message via Yahoo to Duo Chan
I do believe that the logic behind a weapon being LESS safe with the trigger tied is simple. You pull the trigger to fire a weapon. An airsoft weapon's trigger is a continuous circuit. The there was a battery placed into the gun, or if a gun with a battery already in it fell into a fire mode, the gun would instantly discharge.

As an alternative, that I believe to be much safer, and logical, I used a ziptie to secure the selector of my G36 into the safe position. It can not fall into a fire mode. The flash hider is also packed with SIX zip ties.

Everyone I bring with me, will have their weapons bonded in the safest means possible, but as I've told them, if security turns them down, they turn them down. That's part of taking our weapons to a convention. I can't, and would not, blame security for that.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:36 PM

V_Dub is a Private
heh..... hey red, could you bring orange tape to the khan? I would appreciate it.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Pro Communitus

I'll bring it to KHAN, yes.

I've got my load out complete! I win! My gun shall have the gearbox out (which I can prove ON SPOT to anyone who needs to see that). It will also have a barrel plug and zipties through the flash hider.

Harry Caray will have to be post-poned. I searched all day, and could not find one place that was open. Thursday I'm going to go to a costume shop and then a thrift shop. It shall be awesome to get the Caray costume!

Old 01-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Certified Elitist

Lu is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Lu
Why I find it idiotic is basically your pulling the trigger 100% where if you DON'T pull the trigger at all, or you can actually show Khan security that when you pull the trigger the gun doesnt operate is much safer imo. Then again I come from alot more practical real firearms background.

Why am I not getting a springer and using it? Well Khan is 4 days away and I have put $600 into my costume already. That's why. If I had the time and cash I'd buy red guns but ATM that really isn't a option. Also the fact that zip tieing a trigger mechanism, wether a cheap springer but mainly so a AEG is not good for the mech. Torque'ing a mechanism for 72hrs thats made to be pulled back in short bursts is never a good idea.

If security has a problem with a gun that has the barrel 100% blocked and orange, and a proven in-operable trigger mech when the trigger is pulled infront of them, then they need a serious lesson in airsoft safety. I am all for safety, when it's done practically and doesn't destroy someones replica, espcially when it's a valued item. Then again, thank god it isn't Otakon.

Last edited by Lu; 01-01-2008 at 01:06 AM. Reason: -
Old 01-01-2008, 01:51 AM

With all this complaining and complicated rules I think i am just going to leave my guns at home.

though i know i have seen people wondering around con dry firing non barrel plugged airsoft guns both springers and lpegs

Old 01-01-2008, 02:05 PM

Spetsnaz is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu View Post
Why I find it idiotic is basically your pulling the trigger 100% where if you DON'T pull the trigger at all, or you can actually show Khan security that when you pull the trigger the gun doesnt operate is much safer imo. Then again I come from alot more practical real firearms background.

Why am I not getting a springer and using it? Well Khan is 4 days away and I have put $600 into my costume already. That's why. If I had the time and cash I'd buy red guns but ATM that really isn't a option. Also the fact that zip tieing a trigger mechanism, wether a cheap springer but mainly so a AEG is not good for the mech. Torque'ing a mechanism for 72hrs thats made to be pulled back in short bursts is never a good idea.

If security has a problem with a gun that has the barrel 100% blocked and orange, and a proven in-operable trigger mech when the trigger is pulled infront of them, then they need a serious lesson in airsoft safety. I am all for safety, when it's done practically and doesn't destroy someones replica, espcially when it's a valued item. Then again, thank god it isn't Otakon.

I come from a real firearms background also.

I find it offensive for you to assume that we're all just a bunch of geeks who's only exposure to firearms are plastic toys that shoot plastic BBs.

I collect real firearms. I've done building search training in both 'officer' modes as in two man teams, upwards to full stack of five people. I've had countless experience with real firearms, I own several. The main reason I am on this forum is because I used to have an airsoft interest, and I saw this thread. So, I thought I could help out, do a favor so you guys do not get in trouble at the con.

The reasoning behind the zip-tied trigger, in my observation of it, is that an airsoft gun will not function with the trigger tied down unless a battery is put into it, and as a springer, it renders the gun inoperable. The trigger zip-tied down is NOT the ONLY thing that is required. With something over the front of the barrel shows that even if a battery is put in, if it fires, it will be useless. THIS IS MY OBSERVATION OF IT. NOT how I would do it or how I would choose to do it.

I'm certain that if a barrel plug is in place that you will be fine. But, as I said, I'm NOT in charge of security. I am simply an officer and a medical response officer. I do not make policy, I follow policy.

As I said probably four times now. Conventions are NOT the place to be taking an expensive airsoft gun. Your best bet, if you want to costume, is to buy a cheap springer, gut it, and follow with con rules. The reasoning behind a cheap springer is not to keep it working, but rather as a prop. There' just too much chaos and chances for stuff to break at a con. With the large amounts of people and all. I'd rather have a 20 dollar cheap springer break than a 300+ dollar gun I use to play with for real, you know?

Because I for one understand the red/blue gun issue. There's just not enough guns to cover for all the vast amount of costumes out there. When I need an AK-47, for example, I'm more apt to buying a 20 dollar cheap-soft, gutting it, making it 'con-safe' and having it look more realistic then some bright red or blue gun.

For now, let's just say this:

You can try to bring your guns with orange tips and barrel plugs only. But do not look to me if security tries to make you put a zip-tie on the trigger. If you think it enough of a serious issue, request to speak to a supervisor.

If it's me that sees you, I will probably know you guys and not think anything of it. But you've also got to know that some of our security do not have firearms experience, or very little if any. You've also got to realize that some of our people have absolutely no law enforcement experience or security experience. They may make mistakes, just request a supervisor. Several of us do have experience. Myself, I have experience in both Law Enforcement and Security, so I know what to notice, what actions to take, etc. Again, with in our security policy. (See where conflicts can take place? Policy is an essential thing, but sometimes can be such a pain. )

I've had issues with cons in the past with guns. So, I just want you all to know I'm not against any of you.

Here's a good example:

This was my form of protest when Otakon staff made me take my gun back to my car.

They almost tried to make me throw it away because of their sign policy.

All I am concerned about is someone getting into trouble, and I want to avoid having what happened to me at Otakon happen to people that come to Ohayocon.

So, with differences aside, hopefully some fog cleared, we can move on and discuss about the con and it's fun rather than this chaos involving rules, firearms experience in the real world, etc.

I'm curious, Lu, what costume did you make? Sounds almost like my position, spending a ton of money on stuff.

I'm not sure if I'm bringing my Gurulokovich soldier back or not. But what I do have for certain is my Metal Gear Solid 4 PMC and my Resident Evil Special Forces.

I'm not using my M-14, though. For my PMC to Ohayocon, rather saving it for Otakon where a squad of us will be. (Each person having a role.) So I went out and bought a cheap M-4 from Wal-mart. It's all clear, but I plan on painting it today or tomorrow black with tan furniture.

It's not a HK-416, but it'll do.

Progressive Airsofter, for the good of the people. Since 2003.
KILL TAN.
Load outs: Russia | IDF. Molle and Multicam go home!
Have a Russian, Soviet, or Eastern Bloc kit? Interested in making one?
O-RUS

Last edited by Spetsnaz; 01-01-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Pro Communitus

If I have to come in with another "KHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!" to silence the board, I will.

If your gun gets refused/rejected, do what I'm going to do. Paint your finger tips orange and run around with finger guns. It's not the end of the world....

3 days and counting.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:29 PM
The Sniper

ZOMGWTFBBQ FLIGHTSUIT BOOTS CLEAN CAR OIL CHANGE HAIRCUT BANK DEPOSIT!!!! Curse you New Years Day, and everything but the adult shop being closed!!!!!!!

o_o 3 days, I'm not ready, I'm not ready, I'm not ready. *Sounds like Sponge Bob*

Old 01-01-2008, 06:14 PM

Miku is a Private First Class
I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready!

You know why....?
Because.....

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:19 PM

V_Dub is a Private
*yawn* now whats this about a khan?... oh yeah.... I should probably get my stuff together....

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: