Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:21 PM

P y r o is a Private
Operation: Cold Hard Truth

The North-African country of Wadiya has been in a constant state of turmoil for as long as anyone can remember. Its issues have only become worse as a rebel group identifying themselves as the Free Wadiyan Army recently began terrorizing the southern half of the country, claiming to want to overthrow the government and establish a government of the people. The White House isn't happy about this, as it has been covertly funding the government of Wadiya for decades, in exchange for a cut of its vast oil resources.

-----------------

Quote:
‘Good morning. As you know, intelligence reports have shown increasing activity in the mountainous region in southern Wadiya in the past month. We now believe this activity is caused by elements of the Free Wadiyan Army, which has been fighting sporadically to overthrow the Wadiyan government for several years now. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue, but newly discovered evidence indicates possible Russian involvement in the area. We now believe that the Russian Federation has begun collaborating with the FWA to control the country. This is unacceptable, and we cannot allow certain materials and resources possessed by the Wadiyan government to be captured by the rebels and their allies. Your company will be dispatched to a friendly location in northern Wadiya and wait there for further orders.’
The colonel looked up from the paper he was reading, an oddly sadistic smile plastered on his face.

Quote:
Well, boys, it’s nice to see you all bright-eyed and cheery on this fine morning . I got this message about five minutes ago, and was wondering the same thing as you – Why in Hell are we up at this unholy hour? Well, now you know. We’re going on a hunting trip, gentlemen, and it’s bound to be a good one. Oh – yeah – one more thing though. No one can know about this; not your mom, kid, wife, or even your boyfriend, Wheat.
--Col. Sam Sholder, 29 January 2014
Quote:
Not everyone shared Sholder’s enthusiasm. Wadiya was a god-awful ****hole and no one in their right mind would want to be deployed there. The rebels are known for doing stuff to whoever they can find – Like, super messed up stuff. And even they aren’t as bad as the Russians. People are going to die. God, I hope we get out of there quick. Better yet, we just don’t go at all. What could the Wadiyan government have that’s worth risking an entire company for? Nothing – Nothing is important in that damn wasteland, except me and my platoon.
--Lt. Mike Gerbus, 30 January 2014

---------------

Midwest MilSim, a newly formed event hosting organization based out of Southwestern Ohio, is proud to present its first operation to the community. Hopefully we can get a good number of people out to support a new breed of MilSim in the Ohio region.

The event will be hosted near Sandyville, West Virginia, which is only fifteen minutes from the Ohio-West Virginia border. For those of you who remember Operation: Artemis last year, its the same place. For those who haven't played this field before, know this: it's freaking magnificent. The majority of the field sits on the side of a legitimate mountain, overlooking miles of West Virginia farmland. The mountain is partially maintained by an oil company, so trails are bountiful and transportation is generally easy. If you've been looking for a new place to play, this is definitely it.

The event itself will be a MilSim operation, if you hadn't gathered that already. Objectives include establishing patrols, reconnaissance, sabotage, and treachery, and maybe a few massive firefights. Many objectives will be based on landnav, and some objective locations will be given solely by coordinates. A strict chain of command will be in place at all times. Know that you're going to have some down time, and will probably walk for miles and miles. You're going to be sore at noon the second day.

Dates: February 22nd and 23rd, 2014

Estimated Schedule:

2/22:
12:00 - Gates open.
15:00 - Briefing.
15:15 - 16:00 - Patrol Base setup, supply transport to patrol bases.
16:00 - Game on, first objectives introduced.
19:00 - Night objectives introduced.

2/23
00:00 - CO's directed to negotiate ceasefire for the night.
00:00 - 06:00 - Rest period. Bonfire.
06:00 - Game on. Morning objectives introduced.
11:00 - CO's directed to negotiate favorable ceasefire before 12:00.
12:00 - Endex.

So, twelve hours of play, six hours of rest on the field. The reason for the rest period is the expected cold weather, and the necessity of a regroup period due to the large size of the field. The estimated price is $10-15. It will not be any higher than this, and an exact price will be nailed down by December as we finalize the props list.

Full Rule Set:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uegonzf2ln...es%20V1.2.docx

FPS Limits:
Rifles, SAW's, Sidearms - 400 FPS +1%
Semi-Only DMR's - 400 FPS +1%
Bolt Action Rifles - 400 FPS +1%

All FPS readings will be calculated using .20g BB's, provided by the event staff.

No hicap mags, drum mags, box mags, C-mags, etc. will be allowed at this event with the exception of listed support weapons, which may use their appropriate magazines. MIDCAPS ONLY FOR RIFLES.

IMPORTANT:

After much deliberation, we have decided to restrict all rifles [AEG's and GBBR's] to semi-automatic fire only.

The reasoning behind this is to increase the value of SAW's, which are still allowed to fire automatically, obviously. Additionally, it will help players conserve ammo (riflemen are restricted to 8 midcaps at one time), and more accurately reflect the ROE and mindset present in an actual conflict. Players will also be more likely to choose their shots wisely, knowing that the "spray and pray" crutch isn't an option.

Burst fire will not count as semi-automatic fire.

As stated, SAW's will still be able to use fully automatic fire. FPS restrictions will remain the same, even with this new rule.

Kit Restrictions:

All main pieces of gear (BDU, PC, chest rig, helmet, etc) are required to be real OR a reproduction of a real item. PM any of the names listed at the end of the post if you have any questions about your gear. Better to ask now than get screwed over on game day.

US Forces: - 56 Player Limit

Gear: Must be a real or reproduction item currently in use by US forces.
 Plate Carriers - Ex. MBAV, EPC, SPC, CPC, JPC, 6094, etc. No tac vests.
 Chest Rigs - Ex. 1961, RACK, RRV, etc.
 Helmets- MICH, Ops-Core, ACH. May be substituted for a suitable ball cap or beanie if desired.
 Footwear- No tennis shoes

Uniforms: Full BDU or combat set of Multicam, M81, DCU, Despat, Marpat, AOR1/2, or PCU's. Black, tan or grey cold-weather tops are allowable in conjuction with BDU or PCU bottoms.

Weapons:
 Rifles: M4, M16, SCAR-H, M14, MP7, SR-25
 LMGs: M249 variants, MK43, etc.
 MMGs: M240B, M60
 Handguns: 1911, G17, G19, M9
 Bolt Rifles: R700, M82

Rebel Forces: - Rebel / Russian Forces have a combined 56 player limit.

Gear:
 No Plate carriers or body armor. Period.
 Chest rigs (No MOLLE), Chicom, ALICE gear, static Soviet chest rigs, SMERSH
 No Helmets.

Uniform: No NATO BDUs (NO full uniform, no combat shirts. No Crye Mods.) Jeans, khakis, sweat shirts, plaid, coats, track suits, and other civilian items are acceptable. Any Russian / Soviet camo uniform is acceptable. Traditional Arab / Afghan garb is acceptable and recommended.

Weapons:
 Any.

Russian Forces: - Rebel / Russian Forces have a combined 56 player limit.

Gear: Most post-WWII Soviet and any modern Russian gear is acceptable.
 Plate / Armor Carriers: FORT Defender I, II, 6b43, etc.
 Chest Rigs / LBV's: SMERSH, Lifchick, etc.
 Helmets: Atlyn, SSh-68, etc. May be substituted for black beanie or balaclava if desired.

Uniform: Any authentic Soviet / Russian patterns or BDU's are acceptable. Partizan suit, Gorka, Flora, the blue navy camo, Adidas track suits, etc.

Weapons:
 Rifles: AK47 variants, AK74 variants, anything that takes AK mags. Please no western accessories unless its an accurate modern FSB AK. AS-VAL, VSS.
 LMG's: RPK
 MMG's: PKM, RPD
 Handgun: T-33, Makarov
 Snipers: SVD

Alright. I'm glad to announce that registration is now open.

Prepay is accepted via PayPal only, and this cost is a mere $10. Payment can be sent to the following email:

outoftheboxindustries@gmail.com

Since MWM is using OOBI's field and has been working in association with their members, we are using their PayPal to keep things simple financially.

In the payment message, please include the following information:

"Cold Hard Truth, [First and Last Name], [Callsign], [Faction], [Age], [Team affiliation (if any)]."

Soon after you register, a Player Pack will be sent to your email with all pertinent information, rules, and guidelines. Please take the time to read the entire pack, as we put it together to help you understand and prepare for the event. Also included in the pack will be the waiver and field map.

In the event of a cancellation on your part, fees may be refunded up to one week before the event takes place. If for any reason there is a cancellation on our part, all fees will be refunded immediately.

Pay at the gate will be $15, on the off chance that registration doesn't fill up beforehand. Our game is capped at 112 players, to keep things organized, so there is a good chance that paying at the gate won't be an option.

Thank you.

EO List:
Midwest MilSim Staff - P_y_r_o, BigRed2014, Viper, SZak416

Field Staff:
Midwest MilSim and Out of the Box Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
LOLKWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.

Last edited by P y r o; 02-09-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:24 PM

viper is a Private
Welcome to the new level of milsim here in the east everyone.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:51 PM

szak416 is a Private
This event will set apart from others that have been branded milsim yet failed to hold up to that title. I am truly excited to be apart of this event bringing more more pure milsim experience to Ohio airsoft.

"Mess with the bull and you get the horn, and by horn I mean my benchmade."
Old 11-17-2013, 11:11 PM

Steppes is a Private
Oh please tell me that the age range will include us 17 year olds.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:15 PM

P y r o is a Private
Yes, you can come Currently, 16 is the age limit due to the expected physical intensity of the event.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:17 PM

Steppes is a Private
Aw hell yes!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:18 PM

P y r o is a Private
Glad to see someone is excited, other than us.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 11:23 PM

Steppes is a Private
You guys have combined my two favorite activities; Airsoft, and camping. I am so psyched now.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:32 PM

BigRed2014 has been Court Martialled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppes View Post
You guys have combined my two favorite activities; Airsoft, and camping. I am so psyched now.
Tell everyone you know, we want this to be something big.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
For those who have never played the mountain, and those who are not familiar with West Virginia in the winter time, the ABSOLUTE MOST CRITICAL piece/pieces of gear will be your cold weather gear. I cannot stress this enough. An honest to god sleep system as well as many layers of WARM clothing and changes of clothing are an absolute must. Artemis was freezing....I mean 9th circle of hell cold and those who were not prepared paid the price.

Find a cold evening, a very cold evening and test your gear stationary for an hour. Sit in a chair wrapped up and see how you feel. If you are miserable you need to rethink your setup. Also remember guys that having warm gear and the means to stay warm will be critical not only for your enjoyment of the experience but your health and safety.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:45 PM

szak416 is a Private
Quote:
For those who have never played the mountain, and those who are not familiar with West Virginia in the winter time, the ABSOLUTE MOST CRITICAL piece/pieces of gear will be your cold weather gear. I cannot stress this enough. An honest to god sleep system as well as many layers of WARM clothing and changes of clothing are an absolute must. Artemis was freezing....I mean 9th circle of hell cold and those who were not prepared paid the price.

Find a cold evening, a very cold evening and test your gear stationary for an hour. Sit in a chair wrapped up and see how you feel. If you are miserable you need to rethink your setup. Also remember guys that having warm gear and the means to stay warm will be critical not only for your enjoyment of the experience but your health and safety.
Ruck packs to carry said items/equipment into the AO are also HIGHLY recommended.

"Mess with the bull and you get the horn, and by horn I mean my benchmade."
Old 11-17-2013, 11:53 PM

BigRed2014 has been Court Martialled
Quote:

Totally agree. You are doing something very, very wrong as well as VERY, VERY dangerous if you do not come prepared for the cold, you will absolutely be turned away from this event. No if, ands, or buts. Let me reiterate: IF YOU SHOW UP WITHOUT PROPER PREPARATION FOR THE WEATHER, YOU WILL BE TOLD TO LEAVE. There is a real health risk when the weather gets cold, and it will be cold. A genuine sleeping system that will keep you warm is a REQUIREMENT, as is extra layers of clothing and gloves, jackets, etc. to stay warm. This is not a joke, this is your personal safety that we are addressing here.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:55 PM

Steppes is a Private
And for the love of god, change your socks as often as possible. I can't stress enough how important this is for cold weather.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:59 PM

Mothman is a Private
Improperly equipped players will be beaten with a spud bar and burned to keep the others warm.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:46 AM

IRONMAN is a Private
Nice, an event where the players will actually look like the faction they represent!

ЯR Пьяные Волки is looking into it. Im pretty sure its an easy guess to which side we'll be fighting for.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 AM

Phoenix is a Private First Class
I hope to attend, if not I wish the best of luck to you all. I have been hoping for an event of this style for sometime now.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:22 AM

Bronco is a Private
I am ready to get my *** kicked by the hills again.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:22 AM

79stang is a Private
Jonah is 100% correct. If you don't have the right gear, mother nature can and will kill you. Give you an example, at Artimus I slept in a pup tent with 2 sleeping bags. If Rygar hadn't quit early and gave me his, I would have frozen. I had frost on my beanie, all of my water froze, and my chocolate bar was hard as a rock. Hell, even my slimjim froze.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 11-18-2013, 11:15 AM

Rygar is a Private
I didn't 'quit' per se, I crossed the wuss line first. I thought I was prepared, the the harsh reality was that I was nowhere near ready for the single digit temps, and retreated to the heat of the jeep for the night. I found my limits, but gave it a good try before common sense hit me with a brick. .

I might come down and enjoy the day portion if you are accepting of that, but after Op arctic-us, I now know I'm not cut out for overnight winter ops anymore.
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Count me in. Russian gear best gear.

"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

http://www.outoftheboxindustries.com
Old 11-18-2013, 02:12 PM

Preacher is a Private
yeah why not. worst case i lose a few toes

"YOU CAN PUSH YOURSELF FURTHER THEN ANYONE CAN THINK POSSIBLE"
LPO MARCUS LUTTRELL

Old 11-18-2013, 03:35 PM

P y r o is a Private
Full rule set link added to desciption. Note that these are subject to change as we find discrepancies and get feedback from players.

As people above have said, cold weather gear is a necessity. We are not afraid to deny you entrance if you we feel your preparations aren't sufficient, without refund. Better you stay in one piece and miss a game than be dead or otherwise injured.

Hoping it will be a warm February, but that's not likely given the weather thus far.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but RR is best. Put HATO in ground like Chechen.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:

Last edited by P y r o; 11-18-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:51 PM

Preacher is a Private
Well guys it turns out i will not be there as i will just be returning form a 5 week exchange trip to Spain and will have **** loads of school work to do. I wish you guys all the best with the event. Stay warm and safe guys.

"YOU CAN PUSH YOURSELF FURTHER THEN ANYONE CAN THINK POSSIBLE"
LPO MARCUS LUTTRELL

Old 11-18-2013, 04:00 PM

P y r o is a Private
Sorry to hear that, Jack.

As of now, we're looking for people to take up leadership positions. For each team, we'll need:

1x CO
1x XO
2x Platoon Leaders
4-6x Squad Leaders, depending on number of attendees.

We will also need two platoon medics and a 2-3 man mortar crew for each team.

If you're interested (and qualified), PM me and we can discuss it.

Russians, since I know very few of you, I'll give you some free reign as far as your organization goes, but make sure I know what's going on.

Thanks.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 11-18-2013, 04:41 PM

Bronco is a Private
Just realized I might still be in a shoulder brace. If Im cleared Ill definitely be all over this though.

Tags
#kmartartemis, #russianbutthurt, actual milsim, allahu potat, bb war heroes, capitalism and democracy, cold, davai, fake jeeps, hato in ground, hato must die, i/g, many realism, midwest, milsim, much walking, nato stronk, panda is a sex monster, printer needs a tag, pyro loves panda, remove kebab, such milsim

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: