Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:32 AM

slowridn73 is a Private
I would think the command and mission structure would be my #1. I've always wanted to see a game where intel was given to the commanders and they were given free reign to organize, plan, and execute missions. An example would be to give team A intel that said a local arms dealer was willing to supply arms (maybe mortars or artillery) in exchange for a briefcase full of money (team A would be given the briefcase prior to, or maybe they would have found it in an earlier mission). Team A commander would then decide if it was worth the trade, plan recon, assign a team, etc etc. Team B would be given intel that the arms dealer was planing on betraying them to Team A for an undisclosed amount of money. Team B commander would then decide to just eliminate the dealer, or maybe ambush Team A and take the money. Either way it would be up to the players to decide the mission and execution.

I think a milsim should be similar to a fast paced military operation where you focused on mission completion, which in turn would lead to more frequent trigger time (not like an open play but a continuous battle). I recently attended a game here in japan called heartrock and it was unbelievably boring, everyone dressed up and played radio tag, I only engaged the enemy twice in over 24 hours. The biggest problem was that it was run on a script, so no matter what I did the outcome was already decided.

#2 would be the location and story. match the story to the location.

#3 would be role playing. get players into a good role that they can achieve and will want to succeed in.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:31 PM

Swampdog is a Private
Truth is, if an actual milsim was done, most of the airsoft community would not enjoy it.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:32 PM

viper is a Private
Enjoy the suck swampdog, I wouldn't like milsim if it didn't work me physically and mentally.

Great feed back everyone. Keep it coming. There has been a great base poured. Time to start building. I asked, you answered, I will produce.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:37 PM

IRONMAN is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampdog View Post
Truth is, if an actual milsim was done, most of the airsoft community would not enjoy it.
Quoted for truth..
Old 11-07-2013, 08:47 PM

Preacher is a Private
The 3 things i look for in MILSIM are the following
Organization of game and Players
When i go to MILSIM's i want to see player's dressed in the correct gear for such an Op. I don't like seeing guys running around in camelbak's and tee shirts or guys who show up it tee shirts and jeans. I how ever am fine with this line of artier if it is fitting a role such as, Civilian, Taliban or role player. I also hate showing up to an event and half way in or at some point have it fall apart because people don't know what there doing, either faulty communication between staff/event runners or bad communication and or lack of knowledge of the objective among players.
Briefing
This is one of the Major things i look for in MILSIM is a good briefing before you start the game. So i know what i need to bring out on to the field and can prepare for my objectives. I don't like getting on the field and then getting told what im going to be doing. I want to know before hand so i can plan accordingly, such as room clearing ill need more then on thunder B, Defense of an objective ill probably need more the 4 mags and are the going to be armored vehicles i might want to bring a 203. Give me a nice semi detail briefing before the game and ill be happy

Location Location Location
I look for places that have something to offer besides the normal woods and wooden bunker's. I look for places that look the part. That look like you could actually fight a war there . And is well put together with props and buildings.

i could go and on about what i want in a MILSIM game but at that point i might as well wright a book on the subject , but here's my two cents for you Viper

"YOU CAN PUSH YOURSELF FURTHER THEN ANYONE CAN THINK POSSIBLE"
LPO MARCUS LUTTRELL

Last edited by Preacher; 11-07-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:44 PM

Kishi is a Private
So... Out of all this, I've composed a small list of things... Feel free to poke and prod.

What makes a good MilSim Event

1. Story line.
2. Kit requirements.
IE mid cap mags only and a 1-2 limit on hi cap mags
Different teams = different camos
3. Good players and staffing.
4. Location
5. MilSim West on YouTube is “doing it right” as a member in this thread said.
6. Chain of Command and also Rules of Engagement.
7. Objectives
8. Role Play parts (civilians)
9. (Pricing) 20-30 dollars a game, assuming it's an 8 hour event
10. Briefing! Making sure all players or team cpt’s have a clear understanding of the missions
"This is my gun. There are many like it, but this one is mine. ...My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit..."
Old 11-10-2014, 04:45 PM

Kishi is a Private
I know this is an old topic, but I'm just getting back into the game after YEARS of being out...
"This is my gun. There are many like it, but this one is mine. ...My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit..."

Tags
milsim, rules

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: