Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 01-25-2012, 03:28 PM

LaxBro14 is a Private
I have had an Echo-1 for years and it has been great. To be honest once you buy a p90 you generally stick with them
Old 02-14-2012, 07:30 PM

CheEzZy is a Private
i like my echo 1 ive had it for around 3 years or little past, ive had 1 issue and thats it trigger contacts blew out on me. i think the echo 1 is more reasonable just because of the price BUT the TM is awsome(friend has one). if you want just a good platform to do upgrades later on id go with a echo 1 its what i did. But thats my 2 cents AND AWSOME REVIEW!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 AM

CarbonTrooper is a Private
Loved this review! Years later and it's still very relevant!

Just a question, there's a notorious issue that comes up with the TM P90s, and that's the trigger lockup issue. I've been seeing things on google on how to possibly fix it, which includes sanding down a gear in the GB. Kinda confusing, cause the only reason I'm holding from buying one is the fear of having to deal with the tiny trigger assembly parts/springs. Can anyone clarify this for me? And when I get one, what should I upgrade? Was thinking metal bushings and a spring guide, but eh, who knows?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 AM

cj93 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonTrooper View Post
Loved this review! Years later and it's still very relevant!

Just a question, there's a notorious issue that comes up with the TM P90s, and that's the trigger lockup issue. I've been seeing things on google on how to possibly fix it, which includes sanding down a gear in the GB. Kinda confusing, cause the only reason I'm holding from buying one is the fear of having to deal with the tiny trigger assembly parts/springs. Can anyone clarify this for me? And when I get one, what should I upgrade? Was thinking metal bushings and a spring guide, but eh, who knows?
If you buy a TM DONT touch the internals. Just leave it stock. Also I've never had a problem with the trigger on my TM for the 3 years that I've owned it.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
I've heard of the issue but did not realize it was considered "notorious." In fact the only reason I know of it is maybe one person having it?

Don't upgrade it unless you plan on upping the FPS. The guns were made to be very reliable as they stand. However, you will want to upgrade the bushings and spring guide, possibly the gears depending on the new spring you throw in. 330 gets some sick range on the TM hop.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:43 PM

CarbonTrooper is a Private
Sounds great! I'll keep it stock and untouched, like you two said.

So happy I chose the TM over anything else
Old 08-28-2013, 04:13 PM

rootbeerking202 is a Private
Send a message via Skype™ to rootbeerking202
Sorry for the necropost, but I have a question...

Someone is offering an E1 P90 for $5. The back is broken off, and the gear box fell off after he dropped it.

I'm hoping to fix it. For $5, even if it is broken, it would be a good parts gun.

If I can fix it, I would use it as a backup.

Does anybody have any upgrade recommendations, or info about it?

Any information would be nice.

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:17 PM

Jables is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeerking202 View Post
Sorry for the necropost, but I have a question...

Someone is offering an E1 P90 for $5. The back is broken off, and the gear box fell off after he dropped it.

I'm hoping to fix it. For $5, even if it is broken, it would be a good parts gun.

If I can fix it, I would use it as a backup.

Does anybody have any upgrade recommendations, or info about it?

Any information would be nice.

Thanks.
If the gearbox still functions and is included in the deal, I'd take it. You could go through boneyards for non-functioning P90s and plop the new gearbox into one.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
If the gearbox still functions and is included in the deal, I'd take it. You could go through boneyards for non-functioning P90s and plop the new gearbox into one.
As far as I know, it works. He's not very knowledgeable when it comes to Airsoft. It might need new wiring.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:35 PM

V_Dub is a Private
Send a message via ICQ to V_Dub Send a message via AIM to V_Dub Send a message via Yahoo to V_Dub
Quote:
As far as I know, it works. He's not very knowledgeable when it comes to Airsoft. It might need new wiring.
Then make sure to inspect it before purchase, bring a battery and see if the GB will cycle. if it won't then don't buy it.

Your rank is directly correlated to how many beers I drink to deal with you.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Dub View Post
Then make sure to inspect it before purchase, bring a battery and see if the GB will cycle. if it won't then don't buy it.
Okay, that's an idea, and he says it's broken; I know it is. He said the wiring is messed up, I think it's the fuse. And, again, it's $5. I'm prepared to loose money trying to fix it.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:41 PM
Pro Communitus

I would assume he ripped out wiring if the GB came out, or at the least broke some connections. Inspect it thoroughly once you buy it, or just take it into smith and have Jerami or Jon take a quick glance at it. Chances are, if it's real busted up on the outside, they'll be able to give you an idea of what you might have to look into fixing. Obviously you can't tell everything until you break down the gearbox, but it's a place to start.

I would definitely buy it for $5 if it's something you want to work on. P90s aren't the easiest thing, but their gearboxes are ultra reliable. If anything, it's worth the fun of buying it for $5.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I would assume he ripped out wiring if the GB came out, or at the least broke some connections. Inspect it thoroughly once you buy it, or just take it into smith and have Jerami or Jon take a quick glance at it. Chances are, if it's real busted up on the outside, they'll be able to give you an idea of what you might have to look into fixing. Obviously you can't tell everything until you break down the gearbox, but it's a place to start.

I would definitely buy it for $5 if it's something you want to work on. P90s aren't the easiest thing, but their gearboxes are ultra reliable. If anything, it's worth the fun of buying it for $5.
He gave me the gearbox, and he said he would give me the externals, etc. tomorrow.

I popped it open and took a quick look. While reassembling, I realized that the fuse was disconnected from the connector. That could have been the problem, and it probably was, for that matter.

This was the first time the GB was opened, and all I could see was grease. That thing was coated, and I mean coated, in grease. I removed the clumps and it seems to be better.

The AR latch was a bit confusing as far as reassembling goes.

Tomorrow he selling me the battery and the externals, as well as a magazine.

I'm hoping to fix it, and then switch out the motor, put in a bucking or a TB, mount a laser and flashlight, and possibly some other small things. (suggestions?)
Old 08-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Pro Communitus

Quote:
He gave me the gearbox, and he said he would give me the externals, etc. tomorrow.

I popped it open and took a quick look. While reassembling, I realized that the fuse was disconnected from the connector. That could have been the problem, and it probably was, for that matter.

This was the first time the GB was opened, and all I could see was grease. That thing was coated, and I mean coated, in grease. I removed the clumps and it seems to be better.

The AR latch was a bit confusing as far as reassembling goes.

Tomorrow he selling me the battery and the externals, as well as a magazine.

I'm hoping to fix it, and then switch out the motor, put in a bucking or a TB, mount a laser and flashlight, and possibly some other small things. (suggestions?)
The motors in them seem like they're junk. Good idea. A proper shim job, proper greasing, newer motor, and possibly a lighter spring (I'm probably in the minority, but I don't really think you need 400 FPS or the 370 they were shooting out of the box when I was working at smith) and you'd be sitting pretty!

Let's hope it's just a fuse.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
The motors in them seem like they're junk. Good idea. A proper shim job, proper greasing, newer motor, and possibly a lighter spring (I'm probably in the minority, but I don't really think you need 400 FPS or the 370 they were shooting out of the box when I was working at smith) and you'd be sitting pretty!

Let's hope it's just a fuse.
Yeah, the motor will definitely be switched out. A lighter spring is a good idea, I was actually planning on doing so, I'm hoping to get ~320 ish FPS. It'd be a good CQB platform, hence the laser + flashlight.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: