Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Events > Upcoming Airsoft Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #126  
Old 07-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Vector's Avatar
Vector Vector is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 148
Vector is a Private
iTrader: (0)
I'm debating whether I should go or not. I've heard multiple good and bad things about Blind Fury. It sounds fun as hell but I've heard a lot of bad experiences from people. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but maybe someone could convince me otherwise? Tell me your awesome blind fury stories.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 07-07-2013, 10:16 PM
bigaltes's Avatar
bigaltes bigaltes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nap-Town, "that's Indianapolis,In"
Posts: 87
bigaltes is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
I'm debating whether I should go or not. I've heard multiple good and bad things about Blind Fury. It sounds fun as hell but I've heard a lot of bad experiences from people. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but maybe someone could convince me otherwise? Tell me your awesome blind fury stories.
I don't even know where to start with you, If you don't want to go , then don't, I'm sure the rest of us (all 500) will try to make it threw the day with out you. Now with the sarcasm out of the way let me say this, after more than 6 years of playing, I have come to learn one thing about most airsoft games, that is, all games will have some jackass or a team of jackass playing in it. So with that being said if you happen to come across those type of players in a game then you might have a bad time. In the past, it used to effect me in a very negative way and make me grumpy for the whole day and then I might say that the event sucks, but now I tend to just brush it off ( maybe some yelling ) and just go to a different part of the field and find some great players. I kind of wish more players did that.
__________________
"get out and play"
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Vector's Avatar
Vector Vector is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 148
Vector is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaltes View Post
I don't even know where to start with you, If you don't want to go , then don't, I'm sure the rest of us (all 500) will try to make it threw the day with out you. Now with the sarcasm out of the way let me say this, after more than 6 years of playing, I have come to learn one thing about most airsoft games, that is, all games will have some jackass or a team of jackass playing in it. So with that being said if you happen to come across those type of players in a game then you might have a bad time. In the past, it used to effect me in a very negative way and make me grumpy for the whole day and then I might say that the event sucks, but now I tend to just brush it off ( maybe some yelling ) and just go to a different part of the field and find some great players. I kind of wish more players did that.
When did I say I didn't want to go? All I said was I was pondering if I should go or not. I was looking for responses from people who've had good times and that would recommend other players to attend.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 07-10-2013, 01:48 AM
Osprey's Avatar
Osprey Osprey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Loveland
Posts: 25
Osprey is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Vector, I was at blind fury 8 and is the the best airsoft experience I have had. I have seen videos of last years and I looked like it was even better. Belive me it is worth it. Definitely going this year
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 07-10-2013, 06:25 AM
India's Avatar
India India is offline
Masakatsu Agatsu
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,010
Blog Entries: 1
India is a Private First ClassIndia is a Private First Class
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
When did I say I didn't want to go? All I said was I was pondering if I should go or not. I was looking for responses from people who've had good times and that would recommend other players to attend.
You asked people to spend their time proving to you why you should go, as if any of us care what you do.
__________________
KD8TBN
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 07-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Dirk's Avatar
Dirk Dirk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 25
Dirk is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
I'm debating whether I should go or not. I've heard multiple good and bad things about Blind Fury. It sounds fun as hell but I've heard a lot of bad experiences from people. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but maybe someone could convince me otherwise? Tell me your awesome blind fury stories.
Hello Vector, I've never been, but will be in attendance this year. I encourage you to attend if you are a player that likes challenges, tactics, and are willing to play with honor. Understand that year after year, this has been considered to be a successful Op. it's longevity, and high attendance is proof of this. Im running with my team, and three other teams for this event. Many of the guys that will be with me have been several times, and have participated in the capacity of rifleman up to platoon leader. They have told me that I will absolutely have a great time. If you don't have a crew to run with, join the tan side and run with my guys. I promise we will work you hard, get jobs done, and wring every drop of fun we can from this awesome event! Hope to see you there.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Vector's Avatar
Vector Vector is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 148
Vector is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
Hello Vector, I've never been, but will be in attendance this year. I encourage you to attend if you are a player that likes challenges, tactics, and are willing to play with honor. Understand that year after year, this has been considered to be a successful Op. it's longevity, and high attendance is proof of this. Im running with my team, and three other teams for this event. Many of the guys that will be with me have been several times, and have participated in the capacity of rifleman up to platoon leader. They have told me that I will absolutely have a great time. If you don't have a crew to run with, join the tan side and run with my guys. I promise we will work you hard, get jobs done, and wring every drop of fun we can from this awesome event! Hope to see you there.
Your encouragement is really appreciated I will try to get my team together and get them to go.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 07-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Vector's Avatar
Vector Vector is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 148
Vector is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by India View Post
You asked people to spend their time proving to you why you should go, as if any of us care what you do.
It wasn't really a direct question. It was a joke really. I wanted to give people a chance to share their experiences. I'm not expecting anyone to care about what I'd do.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 07-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Tankleader Tankleader is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 39
Tankleader is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Hello Blade,
Are the team forums up and running yet? If so could you please provide a link?

Tanks
Andy
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 07-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Sky's Avatar
Sky Sky is offline
Enlightened Despot
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 838
Sky is a Private
iTrader: (1)
Blind Fury X forum
__________________
Writes six paragraphs on Facebook argument post to rationalize how much he doesn't care about Facebook arguments.

"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

http://www.outoftheboxindustries.com
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 07-14-2013, 11:18 AM
1st recon's Avatar
1st recon 1st recon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: riverside
Posts: 18
1st recon is a Private
iTrader: (0)
most of 1st Recon will be there, but non the less we will be there to lead the way!
__________________
"1st recon, lead the way"
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 07-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Blade's Avatar
Blade Blade is offline
Baron VonYolo
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Monroe, OH
Posts: 5,946
Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
iTrader: (3)
Tankleader, Sky gave the link for the forums above.
1st Recon, glad to have you back.

Gents, I will update with more details later this week but can already announce that the field is in like a big vietnam style conditions right now. Everything is overgrown and even ACU could hide easily in it

Fear not though, I got 3 weeks of maintenance and preparation coming and even the DEUCEs and the Humvees will fit nicely.

More updates to come.
__________________
No balls, no glory.



Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 07-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Arrow's Avatar
Arrow Arrow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 174
Arrow is a Private
iTrader: (3)
Sounds awesome. Tier 1 units gonna rip it up
__________________

Trident Security Firm
Lonex L4 Mk18 Mod 1
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:55 AM
ChrisLaw ChrisLaw is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 24
ChrisLaw is a Private
iTrader: (5)
Does anyone know if the field has an air fill station, or will any of the vendors be providing air fills for polarstar/DG users?

Last edited by ChrisLaw; 07-18-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 07-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Mallets's Avatar
Mallets Mallets is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Beavercreek
Posts: 520
Blog Entries: 1
Mallets is a Private
iTrader: (6)
should i go to this?
__________________
Mallets - "Imma take yo picture!!"

"Dude, too much! Too big! Size it down! " ~Red
http://hertbonfaroff.carbonmade.com/
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 07-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Irish B3ans's Avatar
Irish B3ans Irish B3ans is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Irish B3ans is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallets View Post
should i go to this?
Should you go to this???? YES 100%. You will go to this weather you want to or not for 2 reasons. 1. Blade is awesome and never disappoints with his events. 2.The question is not why to go to this, the question is why not go to an event with almost 500 people. So should you go to this you ask? YES

Last edited by Irish B3ans; 07-18-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 07-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Ruffy's Avatar
Ruffy Ruffy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: 43130
Posts: 246
Ruffy is a Private
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish B3ans View Post
Should you go to this???? YES 100%. You will go to this weather you want to or not for 2 reasons. 1. Blade is awesome and never disappoints with his events. 2. Blind Fury is the most fun thing i have ever done in my entire life. So should you go to this you ask? YES
Mallets was being facetious
__________________
Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation

"It is a proven fact that you cannot idiot proof anything due to Mother Nature's ability to constantly upgrade the common idiot
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 07-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Blade's Avatar
Blade Blade is offline
Baron VonYolo
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Monroe, OH
Posts: 5,946
Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLaw View Post
Does anyone know if the field has an air fill station, or will any of the vendors be providing air fills for polarstar/DG users?
Amped Airsoft will be coming with their filling station.
__________________
No balls, no glory.



Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 AM
ChrisLaw ChrisLaw is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 24
ChrisLaw is a Private
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Amped Airsoft will be coming with their filling station.
Thanks Blade! and Thanks to Amped Airsoft!
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Dirk's Avatar
Dirk Dirk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 25
Dirk is a Private
iTrader: (0)
This is to Sky, and Mr. Universe. Hey guys, hope all is well. I'm a driver on tan side and will be coming up from western Ky. for my first blind fury. I'm traveling with my team, and will be meeting up with two more teams. Together we are putting together a platoon. We all know each other, and have attended many events together. Sometimes fighting against eachother. Some of the guys, and myself would like to see you on the event private forums so we can work together. This is absolutely a friendly request from me. Just bounce in and out to lend your presence to the forum. People are getting antsy, and a word of direction from you would go a long way to keep the intrest in this event amped up. I'm easy. I can have fun at noob day with what I'm bringing. You will see why when I hit the feild. Many however are very much into planning the objectives, setting up command roles, ect. It's milsim. I've looked for you on private forum, now I'm here. Tomorrow I will be outside in the black SUV. Lol just kidding. I'm not in command, but I'm very much in making lasting relations in Ohio, and hope to come up from time to time. My team likes to be involved in the events before hand, and I want them to get neck deep in Blind Fury so they will want to return. Come to forum and give the guys a welcome. Blade , by the way, is doing a great job! Im impressed.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Sky's Avatar
Sky Sky is offline
Enlightened Despot
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 838
Sky is a Private
iTrader: (1)
Dirk - I'm being added to the private forum very soon.
__________________
Writes six paragraphs on Facebook argument post to rationalize how much he doesn't care about Facebook arguments.

"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

http://www.outoftheboxindustries.com
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 07-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Dirk's Avatar
Dirk Dirk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 25
Dirk is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Thank you Sky. Already the teams I'm running with are posting up your request!
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 07-24-2013, 09:38 AM
55555's Avatar
55555 55555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 86
55555 is a Private
iTrader: (0)
This is my first time being a squad leader so I need to get a radio, does anyone know what type would work and where I could get one?
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 07-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Swampdog's Avatar
Swampdog Swampdog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 150
Swampdog is a Private
iTrader: (1)
Is there a Tropicos forum that I can gain Access to for team BLIZZARD?
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 07-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Sky's Avatar
Sky Sky is offline
Enlightened Despot
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 838
Sky is a Private
iTrader: (1)
http://www.airsoftevents.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=52

And then PM Blade (admin) to get the private forum access
__________________
Writes six paragraphs on Facebook argument post to rationalize how much he doesn't care about Facebook arguments.

"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

http://www.outoftheboxindustries.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Operation Blind Fury 8: Citizen Rising Blade Upcoming Airsoft Events 417 08-26-2011 07:15 PM
Operation Blind Fury 6, Springfield, Ohio, 08/29/09 Blade Upcoming Airsoft Events 98 08-30-2009 10:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Airsoft Guns, Tactical Gear, Military Gear, Ohio Airsoft Retailer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2005 - 2009 Airsoft Ohio