Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Main > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 10:18 AM

Joker91st is a Private
More removal of an eye by a trusted individual

"Remember those who came before you, cherish those who are with you, and pave the road for others to follow."

"When you can't run, you walk...when you can't walk, you crawl...when you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you."
Old 10-23-2011, 10:53 AM

Grease Man is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Grease Man
This is not the first issue I have been told about from this individual, in fact I have hear plenty more and each case involved a lot of money. I really really hope everyone involved is able to get their money back. If you haven't already, someone needs to speak to the police and a lawyer about what proper legal steps you need to take.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:20 AM

Jonezy is a Private
I now understand why many people within this community resented this individual. This is absurd. The same individual scammed another person I know a while ago in a different transaction. Luckily, that issue got resolved without the use of outside agencies.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:45 AM

IRONMAN is a Private
All who are involved (yes, I am too) need to get together, preferably in person, and discuss what steps we should take. This CAN NOT be allowed to happen without consequences. Each of us deserves back what is due to us and what is OUR individual property. He promised us something he could not fulfill. He simply abused his own power in order for his own self gain. This it was it seems like at this point. I don't like drawing to conclusions too soon but the situation is looking worse and worse as each day goes by. If he can give us ALL back what is due then I'm happy. If not then there will be hell to raise..
Old 10-23-2011, 12:23 PM

Ender_M is a Private
Send a message via Skype™ to Ender_M
I strongly suggest the people remain calm until contact can be made with the individual.
Many people are working in the background to resolve the issue. I understand the issues involved. PLEASE REMAIN CALM AND LEVEL HEADED.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Seriously guys. If you have so much evidence about the person's scamming, why don't you just get him arrested and put the name on here so no one else get scammed?!?
If it is just a big misunderstanding, apologize and get this thread off the website.

You guys are basically telling the community there is a big scammer in our group but you won't give us the name until it is too late.

If there are legal issues, then get this thread locked up so it will not go further.edit: sniped by Ender.

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 10-23-2011, 12:32 PM

Grease Man is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Grease Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender_M View Post
I strongly suggest the people remain calm until contact can be made with the individual.
Many people are working in the background to resolve the issue. I understand the issues involved. PLEASE REMAIN CALM AND LEVEL HEADED.
I think this thread was created because they were not able to make any contact with the individual.

I hope you guys can get this figured out.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:07 PM

Spetsnaz is a Private
This thread was created because there was, at the time, only a small group of us. It was made to inform others who may be involved in this incident so that they may be told what is going on and given the facts. I have been responding to a lot of PMs. So before you jump the gun on us you need to chill out and be level headed. The first step is determining how many people are involved. During the entire time this has been going on there has been a LOT of background work. We ARE trying to contact this individual but they have disappeared off the face of the earth. We have been in contact with Lionclaws and John Lu and they are offering their assistance. AO Staff has also stepped up and offered any help and are all trying to contact this person also.

Please. Do not make assumptions and demand that WE apologize and remove this thread. This thread has alerted a lot of people that are involved that had no clue what was going on. We have saved people from driving a six hour plus trip for nothing because they believed that they were good to go.

So, no. I'm not taking this thread down. I am STILL Getting PMs from people involved that have no clue what has happened.

We are not getting into ANY DETAILS because this likely will escalate and with each passing day with no communication, it's going to look like it will. Just because you are all fire in the pants about wanting to know what is going on does not mean this thread needs to go. You'll learn soon enough about what has happened, I am sure someone will post a brief summary of what has happened and will warn everyone to not do business with this individual if indeed something illegal or malicious has taken place.

I do not believe that if indeed this person has stolen our trust and is acting malicious that he is a current threat to any of you on any scams, if that is indeed what has happened, at this time. With no contact in 2 weeks to this individual I highly doubt they would try the same activity again so soon. As I said, IF that is the case. Which I honestly hope it is not.

For now, it is all speculation and there are several of us who are coordinating individuals. There are assumptions being made by a very few people but the bulk of us are taking the PROPER STEPS to deal with this. We are being as level headed and calm as can be when looking at this large sum of our money that has been unaccounted for.

This thread has been informative and has prevented a witch hunt from happening. There were a few people who wanted blood for this and we have turned this from a witchhunt of speculation and assumptions into a factual incident that is being handled as cool headed and civil as possible.

Progressive Airsofter, for the good of the people. Since 2003.
KILL TAN.
Load outs: Russia | IDF. Molle and Multicam go home!
Have a Russian, Soviet, or Eastern Bloc kit? Interested in making one?
O-RUS

Last edited by Spetsnaz; 10-23-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:48 PM

Spades is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Spades
Those of you who are not involved in this situation, need to stay out of this thread. You know you are involved if you were told by an Irene staff member that you had a spot on a so called "Ghost squadron" for the FF side. This representative of Lionclaws told us we were all good to go and then we lost communications with him after we all paid the entree fee, as did the rest of the Lionclaws staff and even his own teammates. He has made out with the entree fee of at least 30 people as far as we know right now. That's more than seven grand that he has disappeared with. I know all of us are trying our best to keep a level head and such, but at this time, it really does not look good for this individual. If you really need to know who this person is, you can PM ME, and I will fill you in myself. I do not want to throw his name out there just yet.
The bad thing is, a lawyer would cost more than what we lost to him. We could seek criminal charges to be brought on him, and let the state take care of him, but those of us who paid in a form other than paypal(i.e cash, MO or check) might not get their money back, though you can dispute and or stop payment on those.

The original, Spades...
Old 10-23-2011, 02:57 PM

Joker91st is a Private
Spades don't offer to disclose a name, even through PM, to someone who is just curious, if someone is involved, they know who it is, and if someone needs to know, they know who to contact to find the information they need. There are a lot of people involded and I am very impressed at how this is being handled on a public forum none the less, and how everyone is being very calm and collective.

"Remember those who came before you, cherish those who are with you, and pave the road for others to follow."

"When you can't run, you walk...when you can't walk, you crawl...when you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you."
Old 10-23-2011, 03:15 PM

Oh, i would only do it on a need to know basis. I'm not going to tell just anyone.

The original, Spades...
Old 10-23-2011, 04:27 PM

Iron Maiden is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Iron Maiden Send a message via Yahoo to Iron Maiden
Currently the name of the individual is a mute point. He is MIA and until he is able to be contacted again then we still have to possibly consider his side as well. Although his absence is making it look worse and worse on him.

I commend Spetz on how he is handling this and will continue to assist in any way that I can.

A strong man stands up for himself...but a stronger man stands up for others
Old 10-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Spetsnaz, you misunderstood my post. Check your PM.
And no need for apology or deleting the thread, it was not the point.

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 10-23-2011, 05:20 PM

blackopsnwoa is a Private
Its been 7 days and we sent our money over 6 months ago. This is wire and mail fraud and will be delt with in a legal matter starting tomorrow. I will pass on our Attorney info if any one else is intrested contacting him.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:51 PM

Mav is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
He is MIA and until he is able to be contacted again then we still have to possibly consider his side as well. Although his absence is making it look worse and worse
I agree. I really do want to hear what he has to say. I'm all for a fair trial and am curious as to how he will make his case.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:39 PM

The only thing I am curious of is how he will set things right once he pleads his case. He's not guilty yet, but as it has been stated time and time again, it doesn't look good. I really hope for his sake, and that of everyone else involved that it is a terrible misunderstanding.
Blackops, I don't think you should go the attorney route just yet, we have to find him first. If it does, god forbid, come down to that, I will certainly contact you.

The original, Spades...
Old 10-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Bear Jew

UrbanMarine is a Private
This has gone on for years. Many have attempted a peaceful resolution over and over. Officials at this point need to be involved on all levels. You guys wanna play the innocent until guilty crap you might as well delete this thread. Grand theft is not a slap on the wrist offence.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:26 AM

Jonezy is a Private
The chances of this being a genuine misunderstanding are slim to none. We are equally prepared for either situation. It's just sad that it happened in the first place.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:04 AM

Spetsnaz is a Private
I fully agree.

However, one step at a time. We can not go in guns blazing.

Progressive Airsofter, for the good of the people. Since 2003.
KILL TAN.
Load outs: Russia | IDF. Molle and Multicam go home!
Have a Russian, Soviet, or Eastern Bloc kit? Interested in making one?
O-RUS
Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 AM

blackopsnwoa is a Private
We are gathering emails that where sent and pay pal recipes of the transactions for prosecution I suggest you all do the same. 6 months ago we sent in our money where is it? I have more info such as address home phone.

Last edited by blackopsnwoa; 10-24-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 PM

Zero is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Zero
Like Urban said, this is hardly the first time I've heard of something like this from this individual. I feel like it's time to make this public for the forum to see so that this type of situation does not re-occur.
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?"

Old 10-24-2011, 12:30 PM

D-Boy is a Private
Send a message via AIM to D-Boy
I am sorry for your guys' loss here. Its unfortunate that other cases were not brought to the general population's attention earlier to prevent future issues. Actions of this nature should never be covered up and there needs to be a dedicated blacklist for those who maliciously break the unwritten code of honor that we follow as members of this forums. No one should ever be above the rules and the abuse of power is absurd. When the parties currently affected by this situation are ready, the individual should be made public so that others can be warned. There should be no considerations for the breach of integrity. We are born with two things: our parents and our integrity. When we lose either, they are impossible to reclaim. Dishonorable actions should not be brushed underneath the rug.

I stand by this fully and support those who wish to pursue it.

Very Respectfully,
Jack

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. Ron Swanson
Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 PM

Sacrifice is a Recruit Private
I think 1 case should be filed with all names represented to his sheriffs' station. This is simply fruad, a criminal act. Give it over to the proper authorities.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:41 PM

Pope is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Like Urban said, this is hardly the first time I've heard of something like this from this individual. I feel like it's time to make this public for the forum to see so that this type of situation does not re-occur.
We should really wait to see the outcome of this issue before anyone takes that step. There is no need to do it right now seeing as he can't cause any futher damage to anyone for the time being(since no one has heard from this person in weeks, or let alone maintain even the more basic forms of communication..).

Last edited by Pope; 10-24-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:53 PM

King is a Private
Send a message via AIM to King Send a message via Yahoo to King
I know those of us who were burned who justification for what happened, however I can't help wonder if it wasn't all just a misunderstanding. Now really, don't get me wrong, I am in no way defending the individual. I was more than enraged when I found out the news from an Irene event organizer last Friday night. And I DO believe legal action should be taken, if necessary, but there could be other factors going on, since stated over and over, we can not get in touch with the guy. He told me, as I'm sure he told many others, that he was having a family crisis. I have no idea what that means, but maybe he had to leave the state for a funeral. WE DON'T KNOW. I am happy to see my fellow airsofters staying calm, but it seems now we want blood.

Yes, I am still pissed off, just like the rest of you. Remember, I am not defending the guy. I want my money back just like the rest of you.

King

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: