Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Weapons and Gear > Gas Guns

Old 06-22-2004, 12:19 AM

gmaximus is a Private
TM Hardballer pistol: good gun? ...and a question about modification.

I'm looking to replicate the 'signature' pistol used by the Agent 47 in the Hitman games. Marui makes a Hardballer, but it has a longer front end:

http://www.bbguns.co.uk/1289_1_18717.html

compare with:

In the review above, it says the gun is ABS plastic. I have some experience with modeling plastic, so I'm considering cutting out a section of the front of the gun and then gluing the tip back on, refinishing it and so on to shorten the front of it. Does that sound terribly nuts?

Better yet would be if someone already makes a short version of the Hardballer in airsoft, that would save me a lot of work and looking rather silly, but I can't find one.

Oh and my other question is if this gun is even decent in the first place. I'd actually like to use it for games too.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:59 AM

gmaximus is a Private
My next question is, how much different is a Hardballer from a 1911? I know it's basically a 1911, so is the Hardballer simply a different manufacturer?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:05 AM

Agent 47 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Agent 47
At one point and time, a company called AMT existed. They had some of the lowest prices, and the best guns. I currently have an AMT Hardballer II 5" with a stainless finish slide. They used hexagonal rifling in their barrells. They were dead accurate, reliable, affordable, and they always seemed to pack more of a wallop than your average 1911 (i suppose due to the hex rifling). I almost picked up one of those, by the way, it's a non blowback, and they apparently pack a decent punch. Id definately pick it up, but dont cut it down the 6" is a very good looking piece. When someone on the field pulls a 6 in. piece out, people tend to run. It gets very good accuracy, since it has a longer inner barrell. If you were to cut it down in the front, your have to cut the inner barrell too, and that requires a diamond edge pipe cutter.

Agent 47's pistols are always very very cool, but he uses the AMT hardballer 5 inch models. They came in a 4.3 inch model, and some collectors report AMT made a 3.5 inch compact carry hardballer 1.

Hope this helps, and i'll post my two 1911's in my gallery, so you can compare-contrast them.

Airsoft Kentucky original gangsta.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:29 PM
BaDunkaDunk

Htis may bee totaly useless but WA has the 5'' 1911s if thats close to what your looking for
Old 06-23-2004, 02:41 AM

gmaximus is a Private
Cool, a reply from Agent 47 himself

My plan is to replicate the guns as closely as possible for a Halloween costume (don't worry, I'm not going to run around with them in public). So I don't think I can make do with the gun being the wrong length; I'm really picky about details, especially something as noticeable as size.

I'm kind of shying away from the TM hardballer now because of the NBB; blowback would make it a lot cooler. The nickel-plated WA premium 1911 could be another good way to go, except for the price is high especially since I'd be getting a pair. The other problem is the trigger doesnt have the weird hold in it like the Hardballer, and I'd have to get wood or carbon fiber grips for it (yes, I am that picky, heh).

http://www.skirmish.at/reviews/1911_commander

Last edited by gmaximus; 06-23-2004 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:55 AM

Agent 47 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Agent 47
actually bud, that hardballer does have that skeleton style trigger take another look at the photo

I hear ya on the length thing. You know, another alternative, would be two marushin 8mm gas gold plated Desert eagles. Once i acquired those in Hitman Contracts, i rarely use the hardballers anymore (however, my primary always being the supressed sig's, or dual micro uzi's, they are just so damned quiet).

take a look at my gallery, I used to have an old AMT hardballer (sold it to a good friend, and purchasing it back from him in the near future). Doesnt look like agent 47s however.

Drew

Airsoft Kentucky original gangsta.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:05 PM

gmaximus is a Private
Oh yah, I'm talking about the WA Premium ( http://www.skirmish.at/reviews/1911_commander ) in regards to the skeleton trigger, not the TM Hardballer.

Sorry I'm having trouble finding your gallery, would it be in the gas guns section of the galler on this site or am I just missing it?
[edit- found it, duh]

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Last edited by gmaximus; 06-23-2004 at 02:12 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: