Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 04-21-2013, 09:37 PM

G.I.JONES is a Private
AAR: Operation Blackgate

Figured id get this started...Thanks to all the hosts(OOTBI,OSU,FK,RR) you guys did a great job putting this together. The prison was awesome there were a ton of intense firefights and brutal CQB. I had a great time and had a blast running with my OSOT teammates. We kicked *** and completed every objective that was given to us.

Highlight of the day...Getting medic'd by a Globex medic when im on TF Mongoose then taking out practically his whole team and later on in the day shooting Jonah Scorpio so we could extract him!

Delta gets medic'd by Globex....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIyY5...ature=youtu.be

More GoPro videos to come later!

http://www.liveleak.com/c/natej740

Also check out my GoPro Airsoft videos....

http://www.youtube.com/user/natej7400

Last edited by G.I.JONES; 04-22-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
From all of us at Out of the Box I would like to extend a very sincere thank you to all the players, staff and sponsors who were able to make Blackgate a great event. There were definitely wrinkles in the plan and some things did not play the way we thought that they would but it isn't an airsoft event if some things don't go FUBAR .

There were some hot tempers, some hit calling issues and some frustrations to be sure but the overwhelming feedback I got from players was that people enjoyed themselves and had a great time which is what I like to hear. I am interested in hearing some feedback from players as to what worked, what didn't and what you would like to see in the future. At Out of the Box we strive to provide a high quality experience with immersive stories and memorable experiences. Again guys, thanks for all the hard work that went into planning and the players that again brought our crazy ideas to life.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:48 PM

stonewall is a Private
Big Shout Out and Thanks to Jonah, Sky and staff for making this possible..........HAD AN ABSOLUTE BLAST.............Thank You

Only small Items to really complain about...... not worth mentioning didn't let it ruin MY fun

Great seeing everyone again..........any hoot have fun
Thanks Again
Stonewall Out.............

Retreat!!..........HELL!!......
"CRY Havoc"......"And Let Slip The Dogs of WAR!"
"Every time history repeats itself; The price of the lesson goes up."
" The Almighty tells me he can get me outta this mess....but he's pretty sure your F@#ked"
Old 04-21-2013, 11:13 PM

Spetsnaz is a Private
A big thanks to everyone who helped put this event together. From organization to the props. The bomb props were really cool and I thought the storyline was pretty neat also.

Today I rolled in solo but was placed in with Caine and SPEAR. A big thanks to them for allowing me to roll with them and fight evil in the prison. Had a great time with you guys and thought we did a great job today. Everyone hustled and put in some work. Thanks again and it was good playing with you guys!

Got a couple "ouchies" in the fighting and have plenty of welts. Took a fairly nasty shot to my right hand middle finger that now has a nice bruise and a little swollen. But I find myself not caring and deeming it fully worth the pain. OSR is a great place to play and a rare site to play in. So a big thanks to them for allowing us to return to sling more plastic spheres at each other.

Sportsmanship was good from what I observed though I did see a few heated moments. But hey, it happens in CQB games like this.

We had our issues at first with our spawn and such but staff did well to clear that out. Once things got rolling the game really started to branch out. Unfortunately this is a relatively small location in terms of where to put spawns. It makes it a challenge to run games there but I feel staff did what they could with the resources they had.

I had a blast and was well worn out enough to take a nap when I got home. Which tells me it was a fun day. I really hope we can have more games out at OSR (and not just because I live so close I swear.) in the future. I thought everyone on all teams did a good effort and the firefights were ferocious at times.

Thanks again everyone! It was fun!

Progressive Airsofter, for the good of the people. Since 2003.
KILL TAN.
Load outs: Russia | IDF. Molle and Multicam go home!
Have a Russian, Soviet, or Eastern Bloc kit? Interested in making one?
O-RUS
Old 04-22-2013, 06:39 AM

P-51Mustang is a Private
Great AO. Lots of fast CQB moments, and sportsmanship existed where it was needed. I think I speak for a lot of MACE when I say it would've been a better day if we didn't have all the gun tech problems that we had.

AWOL: "Delta, WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!?"
Overlord: "About 3 feet to your left.
AWOL: "Oh."
Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 AM

OverLord is a Private
Alright time for my AAR
First off thanks to all the staff that made this event possible, it was a blast and i cant wait for another one. The location was amazing, it was honestly what made the event. Ive never been to the reformatory but i will say that anytime there is an event there in the future, i will make sure im there.

Started the day off with a drive 3 hour car ride from north of cincy to the reformatory. Waited in line and froze my nibblets off to get into the prison. (never though i would be waiting eagerly to get into prison) got inside and got to carry a rather large tote of gear up six stories of very narrow stairs for our briefing. We got deployed early, ended up carrying it back down 6 stories of stairs then up another four to get in the west tower.

The game started off well enough but in total confusion. Mace took up positions watching the stairs on the west cell block. Next thing we know, 40 tan guys come rushing though a door and start shooting. Naturally we shot back and dropped the majority of them by the time they made it to the 4th level. We got yelled at and told we were camping their spawn and were forced to let them have half of the west block. Jonah radioed in and told us to go back, so we did, then we got yelled at again and dropped while command and the event refs radioed to figure out a solution to the problem. We couldnt let them take the block, but couldnt camp the doorway, while they used the glass in the back as cover. We ended up guarding the 5th and 6th floor stairs until we were all dead. We continued running and gunning in the AM which was a blast after the initial issues were resolved along with a near fight. Awesome stairway defense rounded it out as easily the most intense firefight ive ever been in after 5 years with ao.

We redeployed very differently in the PM and it was quickly evident that we were far worse off and probably shouldnt have done it in that fashion. Everyone got wiped out (thats what happens when the enemy out numbers you 2-1 in the best case scenario) we respond and found ourselves trapped in our spawn for the rest of the day. It was a great fight but it was very very poorly-coordinated. We would respawn, come down the stairs, get destroyed by a guy fan triggering a P* on the catwalks, walk back up and repeat. i didnt leave the stairs for a solid hour. We finally breached out only to have green come back up and push all the way into our spawn. (apparently there was an objective up there.... not a good idea in my book) we stood around, waited for them to leave, then they came back again and again. Some of us walked end to end trying to find a place to spawn in where there werent any enemies. We never found anywhere. Game ended, we went to the raffle, then drove home.

all in all, it was a great day, there were some issues with sportsmanship, and coordination, but all in all i had a blast. Thanks to all who came out.

Bronco- All tan be advised, the demolition guy is Italian, I repeat he is Italian." To which Blade replies, "I dont care if he's italian, Im French-Canadian, i want to know where he is."

Raven95- It's official, Overlord just looks awesome. Don't ask me why, he just does.

Last edited by OverLord; 04-22-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:37 AM

the beard is a Private
That place was AWESOME!! Glad I finally got to see it. Thanks a lot to OOTBI for making it happen. Good to see everyone out there going at it .
Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 AM

TommyTuba is a Recruit Private
HOLY..FREAKING...QUADS...BATMAN!!!!!

Huge bit of props and thanks go out to Out of the Box....Once again, you have put on a GREAT show. The location, the ambiance, it was all perfect.

I had an AWESOME time. As always, GREAT running with Jonah and his boys. To the Forsaken Knights....YOU GUYS ARE FLIPPING AWESOME. To Ruffy, Duce, Myth, Addy, White Ross, Dan, and Crash...you guys made Squad 1 of GlobeEx proud!! To Duce, you did A GREAT job as SL...and I will never forget that shower room experience in the West Tower...(Think what you will......insert derogatory comment here!)

Now....As a Forsaken Knight...I am unofficially expected to help...LOL....(Yes Ruffy..I am NOT on staff)...But I helped out with parking. That seemed to go well. Guys mostly parked where we asked them to go and it allowed for a smooth transition. Thanks to everyone for getting kitted up and ready to go. Thanks to everyone for following the rules and keeping those nasty guns hidden.

From an outside POV, check in seemed to go good. You guys seemed to be funneling into your staging points quickly so I would say that it went well.

Game play..I liked the concept of squad integrity. I liked the idea of sticking together. I think that the only change I would go with would be, keeping the squad together until the entire squad is wiped out. I understand what you were doing with trying to keep things active. And I know that you were trying to NOT have bottleneck situations, but that became a Catch-22. What I saw happen a few times was, our squad was holding their own, and as a few members here and there got taken out, the last 2 or 3 guys were declared combat ineffective and everyone had to go respawn. What then happened, it allowed the enemy to move into position and allowed them to spawn camp and bottle necked there. Now, I dont have a problem per say with that, but in real action, the last 2 or 3 guys would fight to the death to protect their spot. So, just giving up a spot or position just because you are down a few guys, would have prevented some of that.

Mostly, the game was kept moving. HUGE props to Green and Tan, once you guys got into the bottom of the Towers...you guys were like trying to get embedded Ticks out!!! Great job!!!

Now...for the gamesmanship. Yes there were some issues. Most of what I saw could be taken care of with this statement...ITS ONLY A GAME!!!! Seriously, this is a game of CONTACT...with tiny...fast moving projectiles....EXPECT TO GET HIT!!! One instance that I saw was...a row of Tan guys came down the West Cell block. And the 1st 2 guys were taken out...One of them was in the middle of the block and got up...and then walked over to the side of the cell blocks, right IN FRONT of a guy that I was shooting out. I was trying to engage the 3rd guy and ended up hitting the 2nd guy again. Here is the point...if you are going to move yourself INTO the line of fire...Dont get pissed when you get hit again. There was NO malicious intent on my part of shoot the 2nd guy again. But when you are trying to get an advantage on a person who is well dug into a cell, BBs are going to go places. I did not mean to shoot him again, but it happened. So how did he respond? He immediately started to aggressively approach me and was cursing the whole time. When one of his OWN team mates attempted to calm him down and re-direct him away from me, he swung at his team mate. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. There is NOTHING in airsoft worth that kind of temper. No one will die. No one is going to lose or win major money. So why do we continue to act this way. Have I been shot up before after red ragging myself?...YES..and guess what..it will happen again. It's part of the game. If you can't understand that...then move on!!!

Another instance came when Green was pushing into the West Tower. I shot the 1st and 2nd guy in...The 3rd guy came in and was pointing his gun OVER my head and engaging my team mates on the upper part of the stairs. So..I shot the 3rd guy too...BUT...he also got pissed because he was taken out and then started acting like he shot me. Which..he did not. I received no shots. I was at the bottom of the stairs and when Green entered, they were shooting OVER me!!! So, to calm the situation down, I called myself out and went on with my life. (BTW, both of these event were witnessed by others...)

My point is...calm down...none of this is so crucial to life in general that we need to get so pissed and ready to fight and such!!!

I then helped with clean up. One thing I would say...guys....Mansfield is NOT like you local field. It is an historical place and part of us being allowed to play there is that we have to exercise responsibility. There was WAY...too much to clean up. I saw trash everywhere that could have been picked up prior to OOBI staff cleaning up. Guys..if you make a mess...take then time to clean it up!!! Seems pretty simple to me, but seriously..there was way too much trash just left in there. Water bottle. BBs bottles. I mean, come on!!! If we every get to play there again, (which I doubt) I would add a clean up despoit fee to the fees. If you stay behind and help to clean, then we record your name, and you get your money back!!! I was actually embarrassed that we left that place like that. Huge thanks to all who helped to clean up!!!

All in all, it was a good day. These events that I saw were like...5% of what I experienced...95% was good ole' airsoft action. GREAT friends, good sportsmanship, good tough competition!!!

Omnis Cedo Domus- Everyone Goes Home
Blind Fury 7, 8, OP: Hope, OP: Flashover
Old 04-22-2013, 10:27 AM

Hippie is a Private
Had a really great day! Truly some of the most fun in Airsoft I have had in quite some time. Thanks to everyone for organizing and making this event happen. The rules in place really kept squads running together which I really liked. Not just a bunch of solo players running back to respawn and get back on field all the time.

First half of the day was by far my favorite part. Seemed to slow down quite a bit in the afternoon. Not to say we werent having fun in the afternoon but as we had accomplished all our objectives we were pretty much told to go hunting for intell. We roamed all over but didnt see nearly as much action as we had in the morning. Not sure if this is due to the fact they had moved the enemies spawn or people being more spread out? The cool thing was we really got to explore the prison and find cool rooms and go down into solitary and that by itself was really awesome. Let alone knowing that at each corner someone could be hiding waiting to shoot you.

No real complaints, felt sportsmanship was pretty good.

Blizzard had a great day running with you guys as usual and feel like we brought our teamwork to a new level at this event. Cant wait to run at Northern Lights and see what we can do!

To sum it up . . . spent the whole day with a smile of my face : )
Thanks again for a great event!

Also anybody see my thunder b's? I had 2 brand new ones for the event and neither made it home. I have "Hippie" and my phone number on top and bottom orange caps that screw onto the shell so even if bottom blows off still should be identifiable on the top cap.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:28 AM

stonewall is a Private
Good Point Tommy..I made it a Point to walk around with a Garbage bag i brought (contractors grade) and picked up all the loose stuff that i saw and it was pretty full (not wanting credit) just adding that it took me all of maybe 10-minutes to fill the bag.......i did ask where the dumpster was i would have gladly took it out with me but they said just leave it.........this place could be a great place to play if we treat it as our own instead of somebody else's...just saying ..but still had an ABSOLUTE BLAST.........

" The Almighty tells me he can get me outta this mess....but he's pretty sure your F@#ked"
Old 04-22-2013, 10:57 AM

TommyTuba is a Recruit Private
Also...I forgot...for the LOST AND FOUND...

I am missing my Impact Tornado....It is Orange and has my Last name..NORRIS, and call sign...TommyTuba on it!!!

Please let me know!!

Thanks!

Omnis Cedo Domus- Everyone Goes Home
Blind Fury 7, 8, OP: Hope, OP: Flashover
Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 AM

stonewall is a Private
and I'm Down one Thunder-B couldn't be found if someone would let me know or Jonah

Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 AM

tombo131 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to tombo131
That was an awesome event, thanks to OOBI and the others for putting it together. Great CQB, great sportsmanship for the most part (better than I expected given the CQB environment). I really liked the squad mechanics of having to respawn together, all returning when 3 down/SL down, etc.

I felt the only downside to the day were the spawns. It seemed almost unavoidable for Globex to not be fighting right outside Delta spawn and for Delta to not be right on top of our Globex spawns. Looked like maybe the best method for that AO is one team on east and the other on the west. Was also quite confused to why Delta was breaching our Globex east spawn at the end of the day. We had been under the impression that you were not allowed to be firing into any spawns, let alone breaching and entering them.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 PM

Spetsnaz is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombo131 View Post
That was an awesome event, thanks to OOBI and the others for putting it together. Great CQB, great sportsmanship for the most part (better than I expected given the CQB environment). I really liked the squad mechanics of having to respawn together, all returning when 3 down/SL down, etc.

I felt the only downside to the day were the spawns. It seemed almost unavoidable for Globex to not be fighting right outside Delta spawn and for Delta to not be right on top of our Globex spawns. Looked like maybe the best method for that AO is one team on east and the other on the west. Was also quite confused to why Delta was breaching our Globex east spawn at the end of the day. We had been under the impression that you were not allowed to be firing into any spawns, let alone breaching and entering them.

We were told to do so in the last 10-15 minutes or so to assist in getting objectives. It suddenly seemed everyone we fought and took out elsewhere did not have what we were looking for. So we were told to clear it out as part of the last portion.

Progressive Airsofter, for the good of the people. Since 2003.
KILL TAN.
Load outs: Russia | IDF. Molle and Multicam go home!
Have a Russian, Soviet, or Eastern Bloc kit? Interested in making one?
O-RUS
Old 04-22-2013, 12:12 PM

tombo131 is a Private
Ah, you should have checked the room below our Library spawn, one of the bombs was in there all day =)

Best part was Delta was in that room twice and didn't locate it.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 PM

G.I.JONES is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombo131 View Post

We got all the bombs only thing we couldn't find was the last USB drive....we cleared the whole west wing so the only place it could be was the east wing....that's why we all were trying to get in there that was the only place left it could be. We only had a few minutes left so we all stormed it...

Old 04-22-2013, 12:46 PM

OverLord is a Private
From the globex perspective, although we knew you guys were coming, we couldnt help being cheated a bit. MACE and tons of other globex squads got run half way down the cell blocks because we were firing too close to your spawn and we were "spawn camping" people. Yet, when the opposing forces trap is in the tower by camping our doorways then breaching west tower multiple times, as well as east tower, we got massively PO'd. I understand that there could have been objectives but we were left without a spawn, totally camped, and unable to do anything but run down the stairs and get pelted. I didnt leave the west tower for over an hour because we literally couldnt leave. then when opposite forces breached, we had to stand there and wait for you to leave.

Next time, the event organizers will need to work something out or change something up.... perhaps putting spawns on opposite ends of the actual block on the 6th floors. It allows everyone to have somewhere to move (across into the chapel) towers, ect, and still allows both teams to bypass the stairs at the center. which were totally impassible for Globex because of tan/green spawn location. You would go up, someone would walk out, take a few shots, kill some people, and go back in or continue down the stairs.

Bronco- All tan be advised, the demolition guy is Italian, I repeat he is Italian." To which Blade replies, "I dont care if he's italian, Im French-Canadian, i want to know where he is."

Raven95- It's official, Overlord just looks awesome. Don't ask me why, he just does.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
The spawns were definately one of the unforeseen issues to be sure. Having Delta deploy out of central guard and onto the only access points up or down both cell blocks had the in intended consequence of pinning Globex in the spawn areas often. While it created some memorable CQB it didn't allow for much movement once the action got thick. It was definately a lesson learned to be sure. Jones, you didn't get em all .
Old 04-22-2013, 01:08 PM

tombo131 is a Private
Also, missing a Thunder B, my name is written on the silver core. Wasn't sure if we needed to start a separate lost and found thread?
Old 04-22-2013, 01:16 PM

G.I.JONES is a Private
We were told by command all bombs were found and only thing left was a USB drive???....I know we had the west side cleaned out we ended going over to help warhammer out on the east...o well we'll get them next time.

Last edited by G.I.JONES; 04-22-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:37 PM

binarygod is a Private
Send a message via AIM to binarygod
I left due to some health issues, it sounds like the second half of the day was much better than the first half. The location was awesome, the gameplay was hectic the first half. This was a HUGE event and I understand there would be some hiccups so it's all good.

I'm very lucky I didn't blackout with all those stairs...and the running ahaha.

Operations:
Night Archer IV, Backdraft, Own the Night
Training:
G2 CQB, G2 Team Movement Tactics
Old 04-22-2013, 01:43 PM

Justin09 is a Private
I'm also missing a thunder b core doesn't have my name on it but it did have green electric tape rapped around the spoon and was tossed on the last push into the library. Also missing a mag brand 120 round mid cap it's pretty old and painted lightly with of green base and a couple light black stripes going trough it. If these items were located please pm me thanks.

Anyways I had a blast at this event the cqb was a great change of pace from woodball. I only saw 2 problems that I feel I needed to address 1 was obviously how mixed up camo wise the teams were it caused a lot of friendly fire and confusion on second thought it made me at least observe and acquire my targets more carefully and brought a whole new unexpected challenge into play. Number 2 was I saw some medic rules in particular being broken I was told that you needed 2 hands touching and walking to drag a wounded. All I'm saying is that didn't happen often and on one occasion happened in front of 2 red shirts. I did have a great time though I will be back if we are able to play again and a patch would have been a nice memorable token just invade we are unable to play here again I could at least say I was there but thanks guys I had a great time.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:30 PM
The Blacksmith

Yawger20 is a Private
Ok My Turn...

Great event. Sky, Jonah, Myth, Ruffy, and the rest of you who worked the event FANTASTIC JOB. The young ladies you helped at registration, and who took pics of the event, the people who fed us lunch, and the refs in the field. My hat is off to all of you.

The prison... oh my what a venue. I've never been there, and couldnt ever imagine being locked inside one of those tiny tiny cells, but to play airsoft.... there is no better place for me.

The game was both chaotic and exciting, exactly what is to be expected in a CQB game. The corridors were narrow and long, the rooms were larger with one way in and out, and this made for some intense battles. Everyone did a great job of keeping their cools and being tolerant especially considering it was hard to see where the bb's were going after 60 feet. The HQ's were difficult to get out of at times, but this has already been addressed so I'll move on. The final assault on the Globex HQ was set up since it was end of day. Sorry guys. The best part for me was following the starburst trail up the stairs above the chapel to a showdown with Wrath and the blue lazer boys..I didnt know that room was up there, and it was a great episode

To Glorious Commander Sky... as always a pleasure. I know the comms were crazy like always, but you did a great job commanding basically to different factions.

Jonah... Scorpio.. I look forward to engaging your troops in the future. Perhaps someday Blizzard will join you if the price is right!

Blizzard... I've already said what I can about you guys... You are the reason I keep airsofting. It's the quality of people who make this whole thing enjoyable and you are all top notch.

Yawger out

-----------------------
Last Name: Yawger
Call Sign: Frostbite
Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 PM

Preacher is a Private
To every one who organized the event hats off to you for giving me one of the best AO's iv ever had to operate in and the most intense firefights iv ever been in. As mustang said i would have gone so much better for MACE if we did not have so many gun problems. But at the end of the day it was way worth it

"YOU CAN PUSH YOURSELF FURTHER THEN ANYONE CAN THINK POSSIBLE"
LPO MARCUS LUTTRELL

Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 PM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
I have hours of video from the event to edit, but the first is up on youtube, it's from the first 1/2 hour of the game in the east wing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWGGTKvzXmE
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: