Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 07-02-2010, 01:50 PM

Warpig07 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Warpig07
249 ris

hey AO,

i bought an M249 off a friend a while back, great gun, intimidating, the tightbore makes it a deadeye, but im considering adding to it, namely a grip. i dont want to blow the money on a 70 dollar ranger grip though so im looking at the RIS system. ive looked online and havent found out how to remove the original forearm/install RIS, if anyone knows where to unscrew what and could tell me thatd be great! please note i havent bought the RIS yet because id like to know how to before commiting.

One other thing, im having trouble with my drum not feeding, anyone know a fix here too. its an A&K M249 para

Last edited by Warpig07; 07-03-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 PM

NightWolf is a Private
Send a message via AIM to NightWolf Send a message via MSN to NightWolf Send a message via Yahoo to NightWolf
Which M249 do you have at this time? There are differences between the A&K/Echo 1 and the CA.

Last edited by NightWolf; 07-02-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Warpig07 is a Private
A&K, also need to mention my drum mag likes to jam, do you know any remedies to it?
Old 07-04-2010, 09:00 AM

GermanGuy is a Private
If you have some spare money I would recommend the small 2500rd pouch for the SAW.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1547

I had it for my A&K 249 and it worked super duper well, never miss-fed ever!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:53 AM

NightWolf is a Private
Send a message via AIM to NightWolf Send a message via MSN to NightWolf Send a message via Yahoo to NightWolf
On the A&K M249, the top Grip comes off simply by pulling up on it at the rear so the barrel C clips pull off the barrel. Pivot it upwards and unhook the two extension arms from the site post cross pin and set it aside. Remove your outer and inner barrel using the release latch for it.

The lower grip is removed simply by pulling down from the rear, which removes a small retainer pin from a clip at the rear of the receiver; it will just pull right off with a tug. Once removed, at the bottom of the receiver, you will see three button bolts in a triangle pattern. The front two hold the clip in for your lower grip pin and the rear bolt holds the barrel shroud in place. Remove the two front bolts and pull the clip out of the small channel from the front. This gives your room to install the lower RAS. You will note there is a metal square channel with holes in it at the front and another channel at the rear, of which you removed the clip.

The lower RAS simply sits in the bottom area, straddling the space between the two channels. I have used the G&P RAS before and it comes with a plate that screws in from the top into two holes that are located at each end of the RAS, which is why you had to remove the barrel. The plate and RAS ends sandwich against the front and rear channels we discussed and clamps down on the channel inner ends to hold the RAS in place. In the RAS kit, there is also a mount plate that screws on to the rear of the lower rail and this holds your bipod legs in place when retracted. Be sure to position the RAS forward enough so that the Bipod mount plate correctly engages the Bipod legs.

If you decide to also use an upper RAS, it also mounts differently. There are no C shaped clamps to hold it on to the barrel. Each lower side of the RAS has a channel running the complete length of the unit and each channel pushes down over the two frame sides. It is held in place with screws that run along the lower sides of the RAS and clamp to the frame sides residing in the channel.

Last edited by NightWolf; 07-04-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:50 AM

Warpig07 is a Private
thanks for the info, good to know and there arent any websites on it
Old 07-04-2010, 05:02 PM

Warpig07 is a Private
hey i found the 3 screws (hex right) but those seem to hold it on, i tried just pulling down no joy, but maybe i screwed (no pun intended) up

Tags
electric, m249 saw classic army a&k, ris

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: