Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 09-28-2014, 04:09 PM

Jables is a Private
Revival of NEO

I have noticed a very distinct decrease in players and a lack of newer players coming in. I also noticed, that there is a lack of fields on this particular side of Ohio.

I believe we should start encouraging newer players to form groups of friends and turn them into beginner teams - and start encouraging newer players in general. Bring them into the sport, and show them the ropes.

Also, I would like know if there are any talks of organizing any more fields on this side of Ohio or any plans being made to start the construction of another field?
Old 09-28-2014, 04:40 PM

Hoss is a Private
Revival of NEO

I'm from the Lorain county area and I agree completely with you Jables. I have been playing for a while and got a few of my friends into the sport. We recently formed a small starter team to help then get their feet wet and it worked out great. The lack of new players and fields in northeast ohio is crazy. The only local field that I can get to is CIA. I'm not sure syngery does Airsoft... Which is fine of course but I would love to play some outdoor stuff again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2014, 08:01 AM

Jables is a Private
I asked the same questions on Airsoft Society, and got a reply that has really got me thinking.

This is the actual post:

Quote:
I have been working with a local group called Offensive Airsoft, their proprietor is Dylan Kuntz and he is slowly building a field in the Green/Uniontown area. It is located on Mayfair road between Raber and Wise roads, although much closer to Wise. He has a Facebook page for Offensive Airsoft for those interested.

https://www.facebook.com/OffensiveAirsoft

There are other fields in the local area, but as a former game promoter, I have noticed several issues with players in this area. The biggest issue I have noticed is the lack of support local players have for the fields nearest to them. They would rather spend money to go to fields further away than to play for free at several local fields.

How can these local fields compete if they cannot gain customers?

I know you help promote WarDen, and this is a local field for those in the area, but what about people from Akron or Warren, they have to drive for an hour at least to get there and then there's a good chance they'll get lost trying to find the field. I know we almost did the first time we went down there. Yet, there are other fields much closer and very few want to attend their events.

I used to promote our games through AS and other resources, getting fresh players into our field was nearly impossible. So, yes, I hear you, there is an issue, but is it truly a lack of fields or a lack of participants?

There is a field in Massillon, one in Canal Fulton, and there's a few in Cleveland as well, but the one I hear the most from is Cleveland Indoor Airsoft. I seldom hear anything from the others. I can't tell you the number of people I had invited in the past to play at our field and of them only a few ever accepted the offer.

It boils down to support, if these local fields don't get it, they shut down and then there's always someone asking, "Hey, where can I play?" The answer is you could have played just down the road, if you had bothered to go. Not every field is going to be the same, they're not all going to be great, they're not all going to be huge, but if you don't go, check them out, and give them a chance, how will you ever know?
Link to article: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f114/revival-north-east-ohio-107166/
Old 10-06-2014, 08:09 AM

bnagley is a Private
Send a message via AIM to bnagley
As someone from NWO that is moving towards NEO in the next few weeks. I frequent fields in that area quiet a bit.

There was over 200 players at Mercer this Weekend. Over 100 players the week before.

So what are your fields offering to players to come play? Is it large enough to accommodate highly detailed milsim games? Are players paying the right amount in accordance with what is offered?

People keep wanting more fields in their area but don't realize that oversaturation of fields in a hobby/sport where there are a limited amount of players will eventually hurt all fields because they won't get enough business to stay open.

There are more players now then there ever was before. But unlike 5-10 years ago it is a very individual player base now instead of solid teams that attended games.

Just my thoughts.

Lake Erie Airsoft Division Squad Leader
Does this make me awesome
Old 10-06-2014, 08:28 AM

Jables is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnagley View Post
As someone from NWO that is moving towards NEO in the next few weeks. I frequent fields in that area quiet a bit.

There was over 200 players at Mercer this Weekend. Over 100 players the week before.

So what are your fields offering to players to come play? Is it large enough to accommodate highly detailed milsim games? Are players paying the right amount in accordance with what is offered?

People keep wanting more fields in their area but don't realize that oversaturation of fields in a hobby/sport where there are a limited amount of players will eventually hurt all fields because they won't get enough business to stay open.

There are more players now then there ever was before. But unlike 5-10 years ago it is a very individual player base now instead of solid teams that attended games.

Just my thoughts.
My main focus of this post was to encourage current veterans of the sport to promote newer airsofters. But I do like hearing about other fields. It's not that there isn't any open over here, it's just there aren't any near me or my team other than our main field. I live in Tuscarawas county, and it's mostly barren of airsoft fields and places all except for War Den Airsoft.

Teams bring people together, and I believe that the individual airsofters could be very useful in bringing up these newer teams.

Our field (War Den Airsoft) offers 22+ acres of land, 30+ buildings, trenches, forests, main village, several fortresses, vehicles at milsim events, large staging area with tables to put your gear and guns on, an on-site retail store which sells items to keep you in play. Lunch is brought in from a local pizza place and gas stations. Besides all of these things, it is a great community for newer players and veterans alike.

Also, a lot of people from our field went over to play at Mercer, as it was Kasey's memorial game. I wanted to go, but that's a bit of a drive from where I am and my team hadn't made plans ahead for it. We're getting ready for a milsim event on October 11th at War Den Airsoft at the moment.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:41 AM

bnagley is a Private
Send a message via AIM to bnagley
I'll be sure to make it out there.

Travel is something that cannot be avoided in this sport. I have spent countless hours in the car driving/riding/carpooling to games. There just is not the player base to have fields closer then an hour or two together.

I do agree that introducing new players to the sport is the only way we can promote safety and integrity to new players.

Lake Erie Airsoft Division Squad Leader
Does this make me awesome
Old 10-06-2014, 04:39 PM

mac50 is a Private
Backyard Tactical Training will be having an open play this Saturday. Located at 1370 Remsen Road in Medina. 1 PM start Bio bbs ( available for sale) full face protection required
Old 10-08-2014, 10:13 PM

Fat Tony is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Fat Tony
bnag moving east? There goes the neighborhood.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:41 AM

Jables is a Private
I believe this thread gets the point across more-so than mine, as it states what I've been thinking and confirms that our little slice of Ohio isn't the only place experiencing a player drought: http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=51851
Old 11-04-2014, 11:11 PM

mking1108 is a Private
Everyone with a team on here Email Me at MKing.BurningRiverRecon@gmail.com I have been incontact withplayers at CIA and other players here who are local to the Cleveland areas I have been trying to bring teams together to train for and play together at events, there is no reason we shouldnt do that, we should stop focusing on small team activities and work towards a larger team setting. Instead of having 4 or 5 guys to a "team" who work well together lets get 20 or so guys who are on the same page to operate as a group.

Tags
neo, new players, next gen airsofters, the 71st shock divison

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: