Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 06-25-2009, 06:02 PM

NAPALM is a Private
Worst Mistake of My Life

Hey Gentlemen and Ladies,

This is my story.

Always have planned to join the military since I was 8 or so. Thanks to members of TAC they got me involved in the lovely sport of Airsoft and MILSIM. Special Thanks to Miyagi and Limey. Shout out o F-Bomb and E-Rock they have helped me along. Airsoft has been a huge part of my life because I promised my parents I wouldn't join any branch of military till completion of my four year college term and nw thanks to Sgt. First Class Jim Pogen of the Ohio Army National Guard I am going to be able to due te split option program which allows me to start training but not complete it till after I have already graduated.

The worst mistake of my life comes in with the fact that I have a tattoo that disqualifies me for any US Military Service. I went in to my regular tattoo parlor to get a tattoo I've always wanted a cross on the back of my head to tie in with the cross over my heart to represnt Christ in heart body mind and soul and this turned out to be my biggest mistake.

Since the tattoo cost me $00.00 dollars cause it was a favor of a good friend to do it; I now have $150 visits to a laser surgen to get it removed. Hadf my first visit today and it damn near broke my bank cause I didn't budget myself around this mistake.

I'm not here to post a "I'm getting out of airsoft SALE" scam but to inform the general public of my story and why I'm selling off three of my guns. I still have two ICS's and a Classic army that I'm keeping to play with.

I love Airsoft and won't ever stop playing.

I am here at the mercy of the Airsoft Public to help me out.

Buy purchasing from any of my 3 sale threads for either a Classic Army G3 a G&G M14 or KWA M9 PTP you are helping me remove my tattoo so that I may be able to Serve My Beloved Country. A country that gives us the freedom to play Airsoft as a United Community.

Thanks for hearing me out,

NAPALM
Alexander K. Palmer
TEAM L.E.A.D.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:18 PM

UsedToCould is a Private
As someone sitting at the hotel on his MEPS appointment right now, I'm very sorry to hear that man. I wish I could help you out.

All you young guys out there dreaming of enlistment/commissioning, take this to heart. If you're dead set on a tat, talk to your recruiter and go through basic first. That way you know you're in the safe zone.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:32 PM

cj93 is a Private
Isn't this dicrimination because you choose to express your beliefs? And I don't see why It would be such a big issue with the military?(arn't the like desperate for more men right now?)

Oh sorry missed the part about the one on your head, which I can see why that would cause a problem.

Last edited by cj93; 06-25-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:39 PM

knightmare is a Private
Send a message via Skype™ to knightmare
In their eyes, its probably more discriminatory to have the Cross tat in plain sight. It might "offend" others who are not of the Christian Faith. Nowadays its not about standing up and taking pride in what you believe in, its about making everyone happy.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:40 PM

seals is a Private
when your in the military you can't have any visible tatoos at all and when your head is shaved and a tat is there its exposed. aka no military until its removed. its not the form of a tat its the tat being there at all.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:42 PM

partlow11 is a Private
All, please understand that right now it really is that difficult to get in the military, especially the guard. Bottomline, you cannot have any tattoo in plain sight. Napalm, sorry bro, we need good people here.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:43 PM

Dog Tags is a Private
It has nothing to do with discrimination. As long as I can remember it's always been about representation of the military. You can't have tat's above the neck line or below the wrist. It's the rules. And one big thing you have to understand is that once you sign up for the military you are not a regular citizen anymore. You are held to different rules.

And yes you can have tat's in plain sight. My buddy who I served with had a tattoo on his forearm and it was ok.

The rifle should be no different than the samuraiís long sword. You should train with it in all capacities and its use should be as natural as breathing

Your not outta the fight until someone upstairs turns out the lights

Psalms 144:1

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

6mm Milita

Last edited by Dog Tags; 06-25-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:43 PM

Ozzsclan is a Recruit Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Ozzsclan
lol wlecome to the Land of the UCMJ and all the other regs you gotta folow when you join the military i think its ar 670-1 uniform wear and apearence basicaly goes no tats on hands or above the neck line or visible while in the uniform (ie class a's bdus ect ect) but then agian ive been out a while things mighta changed or gotten worse depending on branch of service anywho besta luck brother
Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 PM

partlow11 is a Private
Entrance standards are far more stringent, especially in the guard right now.

Hands and head are a no go. That is when you are wearing a full uniform, sleeves down, class a's, acu's, etc. (i.e. plain sight).
Old 06-25-2009, 07:17 PM

Jester is a Recruit Private
huh forget my original post, but good luck and thanks for joining the military to protect pepole and ther rights.

Last edited by Jester; 06-25-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: wrong/forgot somethin
Old 06-25-2009, 07:27 PM

Hollywood! is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood!
dude did you try and get a waiver for it? i realize they are being stricter again now about who they let in cus they really dont need any bodys at the moment, but theres always a waiver for something, i got a waiver for the tatt on the back of my neck, hell we have a new guy that has a full piece on his throat!....im just saying id hate to see you go through all that if you dont have to man.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 PM

HK is a Private
Send a message via MSN to HK
Have you thought about Wrecking Balm Tattoo Removal System. I have a buddy that has used it with awsome results.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:44 PM

Son of Liberty is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Son of Liberty Send a message via Yahoo to Son of Liberty
As a devout catholic I understand how Christ is very present in body and mind and I think it is awesome that you put your faith in a concrete and tangible form. I also thank you for wanting to serve the country. I wish you the best of luck and do you have paypal? It may not be much but I would like to at least give you a $20 donation. I make minimum wage and do not have a ton of money to purchase an aeg but the smallest bit helps I hope. Let me know if I can paypal you. Thank you and best of luck.
Warning: My vagina is big enough to swallow your self-esteem. Read my comments with caution.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 PM

Miyagi is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Miyagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by seals View Post
when your in the military you can't have any visible tatoos at all and when your head is shaved and a tat is there its exposed. aka no military until its removed. its not the form of a tat its the tat being there at all.

Incorrect.....you can have tattoos on your arms, they can't be vulgar or demeaning.

Get your facts straight before posting
Old 06-25-2009, 09:41 PM

Dog Tags is a Private
easy Miyagi, he's young, never been in the military and thinks that tactics and weapons are the key to everything!

Hollywoods right though, see about a waiver. Might not make a difference but you have to try.

The rifle should be no different than the samuraiís long sword. You should train with it in all capacities and its use should be as natural as breathing

6mm Milita
Old 06-25-2009, 09:55 PM

Reaper is a Private
i was told it has to do with unit cohesiveness because our military personnel are becoming more diverse, similar to how the military disallows openly homosexuals.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:18 PM

NAPALM is a Private
Guys thanks for the feedback.

First I tired Wrecking Balm thanks for the suggestion problem is that it works but to slow and not to sure. Need to have tattoo removed as soon as possible because I need to start going to RSP trainings and need the tutition assistance.

Second CAN NOT GET A Waiver trust me I tried. Tattoo is above the ear and is an Automatic Disqualification for any branch of the UNITED STATES MILITARY.

Third Son of Liberty Thank you so much for your generosity but I got myself into this mess and I plan to get myself out. Charity isn't my thing really I want to do this the right way I blew to much money on guns and gear I really didn't need and now I'm going to try and get it back so I do this thing right. I really appreciate your kindness but I must decline. Again thank you.

Any Questions feel free to PM me.

THANKS,
NAPALM
Old 06-25-2009, 11:33 PM

artimus is a Private
If you won't take charity how 'bout a bet? fair enough? If you can get your but to delaware I will give up $50. I saw this and My heart really sank. This coming from someone who truly wants to join the U.S. Armed Srvices some day. please just take the 50. It would mean more to me if you took it than if you had a big enough heart to refuse. If you truly don't want to you don't have to but I really want to help. If you Pm me I will give you my adress so you can "take the bet".
Old 06-26-2009, 06:51 AM

Son of Liberty is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Son of Liberty Send a message via Yahoo to Son of Liberty
Ok napalm. I wish you the best of luck and once again, God bless.
Warning: My vagina is big enough to swallow your self-esteem. Read my comments with caution.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:03 AM

Comrade Garcia is a Private
Oh man if I had the money I'd totally snatch that PTP up. How long are you selling it for?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 AM

NAPALM is a Private
PTP is for sale as long as it takes to sell.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:04 AM

NAPALM is a Private
The whole charity thing is awesome guy I really apprciat the offers however I'd feel like a loaf if this thread turned into a "GIVE TO NAPALM" thread.

This was not my intentions of posting this thread in the first place.

I'll make an offer to you guys who are willing to donate. I have lots of Woodland BDUs that I've aquired throught the past year and a half. If you are so inclined to give to me at least let me send you some of them or let me send you something else I might have.

I don't want this to turn into a charity thread. This thread is to just let the Airsoft Community know about my sale and why and to get to know AO's members on a more personal level not so much on just a "Hey I shot you/ You shot me at ... (such and such event)"

Guys Thanks for the feedback thus far I really do appreciate it.

Wish you all the best and God Bless,

NAPALM
Old 06-26-2009, 11:17 AM

001 is a Private
NAPALM, when I did business with you, you were a straightforward, stand up guy, and I really respect that. I really hate to see problems like this befall responsible, respectable people while some people muddle through life on welfare and minimum wage without a care in the world. Good luck dude, I wish you all the best. I'd be happy to make a donation as well.

"Dude, check out these pics on Reddit"-001
Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 PM

Dog Tags is a Private
Maybe you guys should get together buy one of his AGEs then donate it or rafle it off.

6mm Milita
Old 06-26-2009, 02:08 PM

H.O.S.68 is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to H.O.S.68
I can tell you when the Armys attitude towards tats changed,It happened right after those soldiers in the 82nd killed that black couple in a hate crime. I think it was 92? I know that all the guys in my battalion that had tats had them documented by the IG. In 87 when I was in basic a guy in my platoon was a skin head going straight and he had a swastika and a racial remark on his head. No discrimination there but the Drill Sgts did take him into town one night and when he came back they were blacked out. It was his choice. So I'd say the policy changed around 92 or 93. Good luck man.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: