Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 09-10-2007, 07:45 PM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
Sooo ahhh, Yeah.

Waiting on those awsome photos I know you guys have and oh what is that other thing...
the raffle!

Joking guys, take your time
Old 09-10-2007, 08:11 PM

Scorpion is a Private First Class
As requested...National Geographic on Assignment
Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 PM

Noel911 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Noel911
W00t! great pics!

Tokyo Marui M249 release!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:38 PM

Blarney is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Blarney
yer welcome. And thanks to those that let me fire off a quick shots, the rounds were not wasted, they all met their targets
Old 09-10-2007, 08:50 PM

Yes great pics! Its a shame (for me) that I am not in any of them but none the less a great way to remember a great game.

I think Ive said it before and Ill say it again, well worth every penny!
Old 09-11-2007, 12:28 AM

Iron Maiden is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Iron Maiden Send a message via Yahoo to Iron Maiden
Solidstove...Streakenguy....Strollonover....

Anyway, finally figured it out Delta, it was Doc that helped you not me dude. But I am sure she is glad that you are ok.

And Atomic you killed Glaeken? Wow, I mean jeez he could be irritating and all, but geez. We kinda like the guy. Now we have a vendetta....muhahahaha

A strong man stands up for himself...but a stronger man stands up for others
Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM

Just to piss you guys off.....for those of you who searched your lil hearts out for Glaekenovs skull. I went back to retrieve the skull...I found the graveyard torn to shreds, you guys must have been in a hurry. You were only about a QUARTER OF AN INCH from finding it. We told you that Glaekenov was BURIED alive? You moved the dirt around, but you didn't dig very deep. I barely had to brush the dirt off the grave and I had the skull in hand. Man....SOOOOOOO close!!!

Old 09-11-2007, 09:53 PM

Falcon is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Falcon
Actually, she's lying, I have it with me. CONSPIRACY! Here's my proof:

Old 09-11-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
Just to piss you guys off.....for those of you who searched your lil hearts out for Glaekenovs skull. I went back to retrieve the skull...I found the graveyard torn to shreds, you guys must have been in a hurry. You were only about a QUARTER OF AN INCH from finding it. We told you that Glaekenov was BURIED alive? You moved the dirt around, but you didn't dig very deep. I barely had to brush the dirt off the grave and I had the skull in hand. Man....SOOOOOOO close!!!
Thats not funny

Half the unit (not including me, sorry guys) where on their hands and knees scoundering for that thing!!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:18 PM

LMAO....I never knew that Glaeken had a snout and that small of a brain.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:47 PM

RedJesper is a Private
Does anybody know who was taking pictures for most of the event, and where I can find them? The guy with the orange safety vest on?

Also, is there any footage out there yet from the event?

And ... thanks for another amazing event. I think opening the West field this year was a little iffy, simply because it lowered the amount of action from Blind Fury 3, and at the end of the day, the only people out there were the people at UCF HQ (effing half a mile walk ...) Other than all of that, it was an amazing time. I came 7 and a half hours from the middle of Pennsylvania for this. You should all come to the next EAG event.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Red, we used to go to EAG but few bad experiences pull us (Strikers at least) out of there

Also, we did open West field as we thought players would love being able to do more "recon" than actually shooting at players all day. As we plan to use both field again next year, it will be up to you all to provide 300 players so you will have more targets...

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 09-11-2007, 11:06 PM

I would like to ask. One of the event organizers, I cant remember his name for the life of me, took pictures of the three man tropico team that went to scout out the location of the Satellite Dish. When he finally got us there, he took pictures of the three of us around the dish. Id like to see those shots if they have been uploaded yet.

I would also like to thank him not only for leading us to the dish but for helping me get out of the field since I was de-hydrated by that time. It was about 2 in the afternoon and I had run out of water by 12:30.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:59 PM

RedJesper is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikers_blade View Post
Red, we used to go to EAG but few bad experiences pull us (Strikers at least) out of there

Also, we did open West field as we thought players would love being able to do more "recon" than actually shooting at players all day. As we plan to use both field again next year, it will be up to you all to provide 300 players so you will have more targets...
Aw, I'm sorry about the EAG thing. Would you like to elaborate on what happened. or do you just want to leave that all in the past?

My team (Bravo 25th) may be doing an affiliation thing with the ESOG guys. Maybe we'll bring them along to the next Blind Fury event. We have a big group of friends that were going to come, but couldn't because of the September date. I hope next year that all of Bravo 25th can show.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 PM

J_Train is a Private
Hey, did you mean 97th or did you mean JOLLE Green Giants? I seem to recall the three of us busting into Emerald City and making quite a stir before we were finally all hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by output01x View Post
I had an absolute blast. The weather really wasn't that bad (especially since the weather reports were saying rain through the entire day). The fighting was nearly everywhere and almost constant. The medic system was fresh and worked quite well. In all, I would say that Blind Fury 4 was the best event at Springfield I have ever been to.

The Sponsors - thank you all so much for all the prizes we have yet to receive.
Strikers - great job, the whole thing was absolutely excellent!
6mm - you guys are absolutely hillarious, keep it up.
Coalition - good fighting guys, you kept us on our toes the whole event.
Ominide, Duo, Mozart, Mobius, and anyone else that rolled with Bravo 3 - it was good fighting with you guys, I really think we worked well together.
Sidd - the event only got better as it went on, you are a fool for leaving so early
Iron Maiden - thanks for taking such good care of Duo, I will be keeping a sharper eye on him from now on.
97th - you guys were insanely quiet and stealthy when assaulting Emerald City at the end, you definitely made our job difficult and fun at the same time!

To all - thanks for such a great event, all the players, the staff, and the roleplayers came together to make an absolutely awesome experience!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:56 PM

HardLock is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to HardLock
Official Results

Operation Blind Fury 4
Mission Scores

Mission Name Coalition Pts Mission Name Tropico Pts

“Home Sweet Home” 450 “Get Out!” 0

“Clear the Way” 28 “Clear the Way” 57

“Fire When Ready” 366 “Incoming” 80

“IED go BOOM” 75 “IED Proliferation” 0

“Homeland Havoc” 645 “Homeland Security” 485

“Eye in the Sky” 0 “Eye in the Sky” 60

“Future Legacy” 0 “No Future” 0

“Pilot Down” 0 “Pilot Down” 60

“Virus Outbreak” 6 “Virus Outbreak” 9

“Civilian Kills” -42 “Civilian Kills” -50

OFFICIAL RESULTS

COALITION TOTAL 1528 TROPICO TOTAL 701

Note 1: Coalition only activated 3 of 5 artillery bases. One firebase was active for 4hrs. Two firebases were active for less than an hour. Points lost = 1890

Note 2: Tropico miss managed timers in BrownTown and Emerald City. Building possession points lost = 2020.

Note 3: Satellite “Eye in the Sky” mission overlooked by both teams. Points lost = 420.

Note 4: Neither team able to find Glakenov’s skull to complete “Future Legacy” or “No Future” mission objective. Points lost = 60.

AS YOU CAN SEE, the Official Results do not truly reflect the event outcome. Both teams fought hard and totals could have easily been different. However, for 2007, COALITION is VICTORIOUS!

GREAT EFFORT BY ALL PLAYERS THAT ATTENDED!!!!

(Blade will post a link for .doc version of this which is better formatted.)
Old 09-13-2007, 01:07 PM

Blarney is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Blarney
when will the raffle be out?
Old 09-13-2007, 01:30 PM

Inferno is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Inferno
J Train, he was talking about the 97th. We tried sneaking into the base from behind with 3 of our guys, and another guy (sorry i forget your name). We made it about 20 feet from the base before they saw us and took us out.

Strikers, I had a great time at the event. Loved the medic rules. It really kept the action going. The only real complaint I have is with the command structure. At least with the coalition side it seemed like it just didn't work at all for some reason. That's about the only problem with medic rules like this. You don't have to respawn at hq, which means you might never talk to command. That aside, everything else was great. Thanks!

Somewhere out there right now someone is preparing for the day you both shall meet. How prepared will you be?

Join the Boycott of CyberGun Products:
Old 09-13-2007, 01:50 PM

Aegis is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Aegis Send a message via Yahoo to Aegis
Hey, i wanted to thank everyone for coming out, and running around with us. It was a good day. We had to burn through some medical supplies, had a few injuries, but thankfully i had the supplies in the jeep and the jeep in the field so it was all on hand as needed, and we had the Jeep for medical extraction too, which was really really handy for the injured ankle. Thankfully from everything i've heard, folks have made recoveries, and nothing wound up being too serious this round. Always a good thing.

And thanks to everyone for making sure to get out of the way of the Jeep. It was much easier driving it without having to worry about anyone doing anything, umn, "risky". lol. It was actually a lot of fun for me driving, doing the drops and such. I'm sorry to all the coalition boys who piled into the Jeep for the insertion where we had to run the tropico gauntlet of death by brown town. I tried driving through there as quickly as possible, but damn, that was a LOT of concentrated incoming fire. Wow. Never been so thankful to have a windsheild with me in the field. And my thanks to whoever it was on coalition that was hanging on the drivers side. You were a good BB blocker for me. lol. The jeep, thankfully, didn't take too much damage from the event. There were quite a few BBs lodged in the radiator, but that was about it for damage. the radiator got shot up pretty badly. Bent the hell out of the heat fins. But otherwise, I havn't noticed any other damge. thankfully, there was no radiator core penetration, so all is good. Note for future, if shooting at vehicles, try not to gun for the grille of the jeep. I mean, i know you guys on the other side want it disabled, but, lets use grenade simulation or RPG simulation or something to take it out instead of ACTUALLY taking it out. ROFL.

I got a nice share of "truck Kills". Can't say i've had those in any event before. lol. I only got to get out of driver duties for one brief span, at that was at the airport, when those two tropicos tried to take it, and we wheeled around and advanced on them. I bailed out of the jeep, pulled a pistol and rushed them pistol blazing. lol. Yeah. THANKFULLY there were a lot of othe people advancing on them from the other direction with AEGs so they couldn't shoot my dumb arse. But all the same, it was the only trigger time I got the whole day, so my thanks go to you two brave souls. You got me out from behind the wheel. lol.

Also, to the coalition folks... After the event was over, I drove out to the HQ to pick up some remaining troops and hauled their supplies back to the staging area for them. The Zone Timer box... where is it? I remember it being at the HQ when we were loading your stuff into the Jeep for transport.. But it wasn't left in the Jeep after you emptied your gear into your vehicles. Did it wound up getting taken home by someone? Just trying to track that thing down.

Alrighty. thanks again for a memorable event. It was actually quite a lot of fun. See ya next round!

Last edited by Aegis; 09-13-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:22 PM

HardLock is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to HardLock
Strikers Zone Timer found! The land owner was kind enough to retrieve it from the Coalition HQ with his ATV. He just didn't bother to tell us right away.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:18 PM

RedJesper is a Private
If you came to HQ before the end of the event, we would have given you a danish! Defending it at the end of the day out in the middle of nowhere was a relief from the rest of the days action.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Belt-fed doom

Hillslam is a Private First Class
Danishes. That's nothing. There was coffee, donuts, fried chicken, and dancing girls at each of the west field's objectives. And cake.

Too bad Tropico never sent over any helos.....

Sooner or later, karma catches them all.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:52 PM

We where there. I personally was there on two seperate ocassions. One searching for the skull and the other for the downed pilot. There was almost no conflict though.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:59 PM

browning is a Private First Class
National Geographic poked around the west field just south of the air field shortly before 1200 in search of the Oboccan Tiger, but we saw nothing...I was quite surprised that not that many people used it.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:30 PM

RedJesper is a Private
I spent about an hour and a half looking for that grave, and never found anything. We did manage to reset 2 of the artillery pieces after they had been disabled, however.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: