Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 01-12-2010, 04:56 PM

Gambit is a Recruit Private
Ares Tavor Review

Ok sorry I haven't done this review yet but I've been a little busy of late. Ok before I start the review I want to say that I've never done a review before so if I happen to leave something out that you guys wanna know just post it and I'll do my best to answer it. PICTURES WILL BE ADDED SOON!

Ok first off this gun is solid. It's also alot heftier than I thought it was gonna be. I was thinking that because it was made out of a polymer material that it was going to be light. It weighs a good 9-10 pounds. Most of the weight is in the back of the gun which makes it so easy to manuever. The stock of the gun has a very nice rubber butt pad that is very comfortable to shoulder but still sturdy and does by no meens feel cheap in any way. The cocking handle is very nice and so is the working bolt release. The bolt release also doubles as a spring "release" where it decompresses the spring, which I think is a great idea and will lengthen the life of the gun in general. One thing I don't like at all is that none of my other mags fit the gun. I have g&p and jg mags and neither fit the gun. I haven't tried any other kinds of mags but I'm going to play airsoft soon and will try out some of my friends mags. The mag that did come with the gun is kind of finnicky in the magwell. There is a little bit of space but I think that if you taped the mag then it should be fine. I did do a short shooting test in my back yard and the gun was pretty accurate but my
backyard is kinda small so I'll update this part of the review after my next airsoft match. All though I can say that the rof was a little under par in my eyes. It almost sounds like my jg m4 has a faster rof. Although I was using an 8.4v battery but that's what I also used in my jg m4. One thing that did really bother is that the hop-up adjustment is very sensitive and when you pull charging handle back, the bolt cover must scrape it or something because the hop-up adjustment does move. So I'm thinking that may be a problem of keeping your gun on spot.

Ok thank you for bearring with me, Like I said post a reply if there's anything that you have a question about and I'll do my best to help you with it.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:05 PM

Son of Liberty is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Son of Liberty Send a message via Yahoo to Son of Liberty
This is mainly an external review, good job though. The one thing I didn't like when reading about this gun is the gearbox. Just be careful with it, not much you can do if you break an internal component. Unless they've released replacement parts.
Warning: My vagina is big enough to swallow your self-esteem. Read my comments with caution.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:08 PM

Gerber is a Private
I like the review but, I would like a little more info. Because that gun is just awesome.
During the great storm of 1781 John Jameson lost a barrel of his beloved whiskey, he said good bye to the crew and went in after it. In hindsight, that probably wasn't a good idea. weeks later a funeral was held, all of Ireland was in attendance. Including John Jameson.

What!?!?!!!???!!!!! A self aware ANG? The Mayans were right! Time to head to the bunkers boys, its the end of days!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:02 PM

Tassidarxb is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Tassidarxb
I like your review and I agree with you on it. I found that the King Arms midcaps seem to work well with the gun. It does wobble a bit but it feeds fine. Also, I highly recommend getting a new air nozzle as the stock one is VERY leaky. Just by installing a Prometheus air nozzle, my gun shot a good 40 fps faster.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:26 PM

Ok thanks guys. I would review the gearbox but I have absolutely no gearbox knowledge and don't want to open it up unless I absolutely have to. Sorry I meant to mention that but I forgot to, sorry.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:44 PM

Gerber is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Police94 View Post
Ok thanks guys. I would review the gearbox but I have absolutely no gearbox knowledge and don't want to open it up unless I absolutely have to. Sorry I meant to mention that but I forgot to, sorry.
That's probably a really good idea..
During the great storm of 1781 John Jameson lost a barrel of his beloved whiskey, he said good bye to the crew and went in after it. In hindsight, that probably wasn't a good idea. weeks later a funeral was held, all of Ireland was in attendance. Including John Jameson.

What!?!?!!!???!!!!! A self aware ANG? The Mayans were right! Time to head to the bunkers boys, its the end of days!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 PM

Ya my friend has some echo1 mags that'll try and I'll try to get pictures of it up by this weekend. And I'm pretty sure I'm doing airsoft on the 23rd so I'll update it then on how it performed. Also what kind of new hop-up so I can shop for one if I happen to get a new one.

Tags
ares, tar, tar-21, tavor

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: