Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 10-20-2012, 02:04 PM

FloW is a Private
Motor Problem (Carbon Buildup?)

Hey guys! Been a while since I've posted or even been on, I've been extremely busy keeping up with work. Anyways, I've had a problem for a little while and finally narrowed it down to an exact problem, but need help linking it to the cause and fixing that cause. I have an AIM Top m120 motor. My motor terminal originally broke and I fixed it, but was realizing that sometimes it wouldn't work. I've finally narrowed it down to an issue where the motor only engages in certain positions (about half of the piston teeth). If I manually turn the motor one or two clicks, it will re-engage again. I've been thinking that it may be carbon buildup? Any feedback would be outstanding. I have researched the problem and found very few threads about it, all of which were unresolved. Thanks guys!
Old 10-22-2012, 02:44 PM

mpanary_fako is a Private
So you are saying that the motor would not work outside the gearbox unless you give it a spin by hand? Clean the brushes and commutator and see if that helps.

A quick search on YouTube and Google:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj6-jH621X8

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Qu...o-t227449.html

It probably is carbon build up but I have had a motor that did the same thing, it was basically shot, I had to replace it. Motors are cheaper nowadays anyway, and I think the AIM 120 high speed is a ferrite one ( I might be wrong ) so get a neo ACM motor. SHS, Matrix, Element, JG and Lonex make good motors at a very reasonable price. I hope that helps
Old 10-22-2012, 03:12 PM

FloW is a Private
I did try cleaning it with no luck. I have replaced the motor as well and everything's good so far. Thanks though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: