Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 03-23-2016, 10:57 AM

TAT is a Private
CA Army Scar L Sportline O ring for Hop Up trick

First let me say thank you all for helping me with my battery question. It was a lot of help. Second sorry for all the question I been asking but I am really trying my best to get back into the sports so I can go to DP. Been there once and had a blast. So off to the question about the question I had about the O Ring.

I watch a video and someone put an O Ring or extra ring from Hop Up barrel in front of the hop up chamber so the barrel wouldn't shift to help stop the feeding issue. My question is has anyone done this first hand in AO. I am using a Stock CA Scar L Sportline with an Elite Force 7.4 V 1500 mAH Lipo with the Stock high cap and also Elite Force 140 Rds mid caps. Both mags still cause double feeding and miss firing. Any input would really help me out and thank you all for taking the time to look at my post. Tat
Old 03-24-2016, 02:20 PM

Octane is a Private
I'd say inspect Hop up ,see if the bucking is correctly seated and is not damaged and nub is in place correctly under the Hop up control arm sounds like a damaged bucking to me. Hope it helps anyways.

Last edited by Octane; 03-24-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:36 PM

TAT is a Private
The gun is not even a month old but doesnt say it hasn't been setting on the self for a long time, so here is a question, can bucking go bad if just setting on the self brand new
Old 03-25-2016, 02:20 PM

Octane is a Private
Well working in a rubber factory, yes all rubber has a shelf life. So on that note if the bucking they installed was old/ dry then could lead to problems with early erosion of the rubber. I forgot to add on my first post, if gun has warranty, by all means go that route first. Don't void a perfectly good warranty for curiosity. If not and your tech~savvy: g&g green are my preferred bucking/ nub. Also what brand ammo would you be running? (Could also effect feeding)

Last edited by Octane; 03-25-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:02 PM

TAT is a Private
I am using Elite Force .25, they work great with the first three scars that I had, it just seems that I am having issue with this one.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:12 PM

shmartin is a Private
Does the magazine wobble around in the mag well?
Old 03-31-2016, 11:48 AM

TAT is a Private
Stock High Cap Grey in color fits tight.

Stock High Cap Black in color that came with my JG R36 with crane stock wobbles,

Elite Force 140 Rds Mid cap 10 Pack Black wobbles,

Before I do anything else, I am going to try it with the stock mag again and see,

Just wanted to say thank you all for the help. Its getting me one more step closer to getting back out to Devil Playground.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:57 PM

TAT is a Private
Update to the stock mag, about every 10 to 11 shots, it miss fire, full auto sucks,
Old 04-01-2016, 03:09 PM

shmartin is a Private
I had feeding issues for a while with my gun. I found that G&P gun mags and mag wells are slightly larger then normal. The aftermarket magazines I bought would wobble around in the mag well. I fixed the problem by putting a piece of velco inside the magwell.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:31 PM

shmartin is a Private
Have you observed a fps drop since you first got the gun? If so you could have a damaged piston head that could still have enough of a seal to barley shoot the bb out the barrel. This happened to me for the longest time I though it was the hopup unit.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:01 PM

TAT is a Private
I dont think the FPS drop, it still shoot just as far. Didn't have this problem until I put the Elite Force 7.4 Lipo into it, I was using an 8.4 1600 mAH battery and seem to work just fine.

Also which side of the mag well do you put the velco. Once again thank you for all your help
Old 04-04-2016, 02:07 PM

shmartin is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT View Post
I dont think the FPS drop, it still shoot just as far. Didn't have this problem until I put the Elite Force 7.4 Lipo into it, I was using an 8.4 1600 mAH battery and seem to work just fine.

Also which side of the mag well do you put the velco. Once again thank you for all your help
I find its best to put it in the front of the mag well because its flat. Their is also another method though I would not recommend it. You put tape on the upper portion of your magazines that go into your magwell to make them fit snug.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:18 PM

shmartin is a Private
Maybe try shooting the gun with the hopup nub removed to see if the gun is still not feeding correctly.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:48 PM

TAT is a Private
I also have a FB post going too. I put in there that when I had it apart , I tried to push on the air nozzle to see if it would move and there was no give at all. Someone said it might be electrical problem or the reverse latch. I hope its not that because I am not a tech but thank you shmartin for all the input you been given me. I am going to upgrade the gear box someday
Old 04-05-2016, 04:06 PM

2tall is a Private
Quote:
I also have a FB post going too. I put in there that when I had it apart , I tried to push on the air nozzle to see if it would move and there was no give at all. Someone said it might be electrical problem or the reverse latch. I hope its not that because I am not a tech but thank you shmartin for all the input you been given me. I am going to upgrade the gear box someday

I would recommend if the gun is under warranty to send it back to be repaired. If you open it up POOF warranty over!
Old 04-05-2016, 04:22 PM

shmartin is a Private
Quote:
I highly doubt that it a electrical problem or the reverse latch. None of those have anything to with how well a gun feeds. The air nozzle will not move if your pushing on it when the spring is decompressed. You decompress the spring if you shoot the gun in semi auto a few times. I do not know why people say if you push on the air nozzle and it does not move it means the gun is broken. If you shoot the gun in full auto then push the air nozzle it should move. It sounds like whoever is trying to help you might be miss leading you.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:10 PM

TAT is a Private
Well I am taking to my local airsoft tech this weekend to have them look at it. But just want to thank you all for the input you gave me. Tat
Old 04-07-2016, 02:27 PM

2tall is a Private
Quote:
Well I am taking to my local airsoft tech this weekend to have them look at it. But just want to thank you all for the input you gave me. Tat
Good luck hope it's a simple fix!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:49 AM

TAT is a Private
I hope so too, I am also hoping the tech has a boneyard Tan upper or lower and wee what it looks like two tone. I been seeing a lot of guns going Black/Tan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: