Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 10-17-2012, 05:14 PM

JarVan55 is a Private
Group of airsoft friends falling apart.

Today I am here for 2 reasons one because my group of friends that I normally play with seams to be in a viscous never ending cycle of people quitting and then a couple joining here and there if we are lucky. The other reason is to find a group of people or groups that would like to get together and play. It seems like every time I get a good amount of people to play with (around 20) people start to quit and get out of airsoft. This really drives me crazy how nobody can stay committed to playing. This causes the people who want to play not be able to ( without driving to an event ). So what I am asking is if there is anyone around Cincinnati ohio (hamilton to be exact) that wants to play airsoft without having to drive up for an event or anything and just have some friendly games then send me a pm, or txt me at 513-315-9507 thanks.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Carbon is Currently being Court Martialled
Bud, go to events, meet a solid group of people that you get along with, maybe start a team or get invited into one, I did. That grows into having long term friends that aren't just airsofting buddys.

Good luck.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 PM

Cassius is a Private
Do what I did,most of my friends stopped playing so I just forgot about them.I started going to AO events,and never looked back.Start going to organized events instead of trying to run your own and I guarantee that you won't have this problem anymore
Old 10-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Winter is a Private
^^^^^ and then he met me and fell in love <3. Jk. Sorta. But yeah go to events you'll meet people. Trust me its a small world. And even if you don't know anyone you'll meet people. No ones going to just blow you off. I have to say the airsoft community is a very welcoming one.
Quote:
(21:09:09) Agent_Spencer: If I had a dollar for every time I saw Duo chloroform a gal at a bar, I'd have half as many dollars as I would if I had one for every time I saw CTU punch a woman and drag her off.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Banned

ghosteater4 is a Private
I agree with winter and Cassius, start going to events. I actually had a fulle team of 8 guys and they all seem to drop off one after another, but I stuck with going to events and ended up gaining members back and always enjoy running as a team at events and if there's no one my team who can show that day, ill atleast know 15-20 people at the field that day. I started out not knowing anyone, and now it's like I can't go to an event with out seeing someone I know
Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 PM

JarVan55 is a Private
Ok thanks for the replies guys and I was kind of afraid that was the answer, the thing is I just turned 15 and a half so I still have 6 months to get my license meaning getting my parents to drive to an event is far fetched, i have been to 3 at springfield and had a great time, thing is i just wanted to be able to play more in between the times i go to events.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:00 PM

Yams is a Private
It's not like you HAVE to be on a team when you play airsoft. I play at one field with a group of regulars + new players here and there and I still have a great time.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:14 PM

JarVan55 is a Private
Ya I understand that, its just that its hard for me to get to events 1hr and 15 min away
Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 PM
The Real Arms Dealer with the Fake Mustache

Agent Spencer is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Agent Spencer
As people have stated above, that happens sometimes, but you don't need a crew by any means to play.

Also, how viscous is the cycle? You might consider moist towelettes or something to keep it from getting that sticky.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM

JarVan55 is a Private
Haha I will try the towelettes Spencer, that might help. But thanks for the help, I hope i can get to the next event at springfield, Football will be over by then so I cant wait to play there again.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM

Cassius is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarVan55 View Post
Ok thanks for the replies guys and I was kind of afraid that was the answer, the thing is I just turned 15 and a half so I still have 6 months to get my license meaning getting my parents to drive to an event is far fetched, i have been to 3 at springfield and had a great time, thing is i just wanted to be able to play more in between the times i go to events.
I`m 16 and don`t have a car yet,I still find my way to events (somehow,lol) Get a ride with a friend if your parents can`t take you.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:29 PM

JarVan55 is a Private
Ya that goes back to the same issue, the core 5 people that I play with are only 15 too. I just need to stay with airsoft till I get my license, that way I can make it to games.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:53 PM

Sidd is a Private First ClassSidd is a Private First Class
how about you grow some balls and play airsoft at events like a big boy. I have been playing airsoft in ohio for about 12 years and have never been part of a "team" except for one event

(14:33:39) Agent_Spencer: You just fly into an uncontrollable punching rage with those mother****ers on.
(14:33:48) Agent_Spencer: It's like High Speed Low Drag Hulk Hands.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM

JarVan55 is a Private
Sidd I have nothing against playing at events like a "big boy", I actually I prefer it, Sid you little smart a**, just to let you know the issue is I dont always have the time or a way to get there so all this post was supposed to do was maybe help me find some people to play with in between making it to events.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:46 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Its hard to keep playing airsoft at that age. Just wait the 6 more months until you get your license. It's almost Winter time so there won't be many games anyways. I think you'll be fine till the Spring and by then you might have your license.

Just stick with it and maybe your friends will follow along. Getting something cool (airsoft wise) may be just what they need to be interested again.

I just had a friend drop out on me. However it doesn't bother me because I found a team of people I enjoy playing airsoft with.

Lots of people go through this at your age, I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Another idea would be to see how your parents would accept you sharing a ride with another person who is traveling to events? I have given rides to folks and shared rides, both recently, and I've been driving longer that you have been in this world. Just be aware, that most fields require a parent to sign the waiver if you are under 18, and a signed and notorized waiver if you are coming to the field without your parents there to sign it in person. But that is a small thing to take care of. If you catch a ride with someone fairly local to you, most folks probably won't mind stopping for a few to actually meet your parents, exchange contact info and such to help the parent feel a little better about you heading out of town to an event.
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Sidd I have nothing against playing at events like a "big boy", I actually I prefer it, Sid you little smart a**, just to let you know the issue is I dont always have the time or a way to get there so all this post was supposed to do was maybe help me find some people to play with in between making it to events.
get car

put gas in car

drive to where people play

its not really that hard,

i have driven 6 hours round trip by myself for open plays back when there were maybe 500 people in ohio who even know what airsoft was,

honestly if you cant find a place with in two hours drive to play just about every weekend you arent trying hard enough.

if you cant take the honesty just pack up your tampons and your crap and go play paintball, they have a section of the phone book

(14:33:39) Agent_Spencer: You just fly into an uncontrollable punching rage with those mother****ers on.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 PM

Flenner is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Flenner Send a message via Skype™ to Flenner
Might I suggest just going to events? I found many of my friends through this sport, and never even know they lived by me until I played. I found so many friendly people through this sport (and others that we shall not talk about of course!) and I am more than happy I joined this site.

I guarantee you will find some good guys out there to get a little more serious about the sport, or your group may just end up getting more serious themselves. Don't beat yourself up or anything, because in the end, it is all about you and your happiness.

Airsoft is like your favorite thing to do. You play to make yourself happy, to have fun, and to waste time. If you find other people like you that do what you like to do, it's always a plus. Maybe you'll find a permanent group of friends through this. I know I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Thus marketh the only time anyone hath used the search feature on AO
in 2Tall's basement doing things
Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 PM

JarVan55 is a Private
Sidd!!!, what dont you understand about I cant driveeee!!, thats only been said about 20 times in this thread. The fact that you think I am afraid to play at an event is simply ridiculous. And by the way I did found places to play multiple within 2 hours, I would love to go play at. But I have no way to get there at the moment. How come your the only one trying to be difficult about the subject. The forum is to help people out if im not mistaken, not to try and start stuff with 15 year old kids.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:03 PM

JarVan55 is a Private
Thank you Rygar, Vinvyin and Flenner, I understand that i will just have to simply wait 6 more months till I can drive and get to events more often and try to meet some people who are more serious about airsoft.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Sidd!!!, what dont you understand about I cant driveeee!!, thats only been said about 20 times in this thread. The fact that you think I am afraid to play at an event is simply ridiculous. And by the way I did found places to play multiple within 2 hours, I would love to go play at. But I have no way to get there at the moment. How come your the only one trying to be difficult about the subject. The forum is to help people out if im not mistaken, not to try and start stuff with 15 year old kids.
See I avoid going to the games i know the children will be at in large numbers

but my advice is either wait a year or find people in your area and start bumming rides

Old 10-17-2012, 09:04 PM

Cassius is a Private
Sidd why are jumping down his throat? He's trying to ask a simple question and you have to go and point out all his flaws and tell him "to grow a pair". For some people it's not that simple to just get up and go to an event. Plus since he can't drive yet and doesn't have a car,it makes things difficult. I know his problem because I went through the same thing. So with that said,just lay off a little and stop being such a critic.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Banned

ghosteater4 is a Private
Sidd have you even read what he's saying, trying reading like a "big boy" and realize he's not of age to drive. Now with that out of the way, jarvan find out by posting a thread to see if there's anyone who lives close to you that drives to events that you might be able to play regularly at, and see if you can catch a ride....maybe split gas money with them, or buy their way into the event
Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 PM

well first of all I dont like whining kids

second when i was 15 i found a way to make it happen

third i hate whining kids especially on the forums

Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 PM

JarVan55 is a Private
Thank you Cassius, I dont really understand what I did to make Sidd go off like that, but anyways I just wanted to say thanks for everyones help. And good suggestion ghosteater I will probably have to do that, and how was I whining Sidd?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: