Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 05-06-2009, 11:00 AM

Hotrod is a Private
Hello Airsoft Ohio

I'm just now looking at different types of Airsoft guns to buy and prices. I have never played before, but have always wanted to paint ball, but when I saw some videos on youtube about people using Airsoft guns, i was hooked. Plus I need to get out more and away from this computer, lol.
I live 25 mins east of Columbus near Granville Ohio.

I thought I would see if there was a large group of people close by in Ohio that play and use the airsoft guns, so that is how I came across this web site. I'm hoping to find some people close to me that can show me how to play the game and learn the do's and donts of the game.
Help me on some tech info, which weapon would be good to start out with or prices, what all I need, that kind of stuff and just get out and have some fun.

Glad to be here, looking forward to meeting some new people.
I'm working 3rd shift this week, so I need to get myself to bed.

Rod
Old 05-06-2009, 11:53 AM

Lunchbox is a Private
First of all, welcome to AO. I'll suggest to you the same thing I suggest to all the other new guys: Read the forum rules and use decent grammar. It'll make our time here much more pleasant.

Now, as far as people to play with, I've got a thread on here with a bunch of people from southern Ohio that play. Feel free to check it out.

http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22520

Now, for the gear/gun part. That kind of thing is really a matter of personal preference. I would suggest looking at either JG or Echo 1 brand guns. They're cheap, but still really good guns for beginners. As for gear, you'll want some kind of camo (most games other than open plays don't allow Mossy Oak, so go for military-style camo), good boots, a tactical vest of some kind, and full-sealing, ANSI-rated goggles. But before you spend all kinds of money on gear, I would get a gun, play a couple back yard games or open-plays with it, and see what you think of the game. I've seen people buy all their gear and guns and stuff like that all at once, and then two months later they're bored with it and have $500 worth of equipment sitting around collecting dust.

I hope you enjoy your time here at AO, and your time playing Airsoft. Good luck with everything.

-Tucker
Red Vs. Blue

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: