Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-28-2007, 04:40 PM

Mullet is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Mullet Send a message via Yahoo to Mullet
General Lee, I don't think at all that anyone was flaming you or trolling you. There are people here with tons of experience that know what is safe and what is not. They're just trying to offer you advice and keep the event a fun and accident-free one.

I'm glad the limits were lowered and I hope to be there with my camera.

Great moments from the AO Chat room:
[Disposable Soldier] 12:14 am: "i seriously am serious about not being sure about the seriousness of
the gravity of your seriousness of the situation of you thinking about being serious about my severity
of the opinion of seriousness of the topic of seriousness. I'm so serious...."
Old 02-28-2007, 05:10 PM

Atomic is a Private First Class
Blackhawk, I am glad to see that you are helping put on the event. I have a lot of faith in your judgement after Jackson.

One thing, though. 350FPS +10% = 385FPS! I would take the 10% rule away, and make a hard rule of 350 FPS. If people want to come, let them put a stock spring back in their gun. I think your event will draw a crowd and be plenty of incentive for the interested people to crack open their gearbox. I assure you, pointblank shots will happen, and even shooting at 350 FPS you will be lucky for nobody to get hurt.

I don't know if I can attend anyway, so disregard if you must.

GL, organizing an event is a tough thing, and you have to have thick skin. You will take flak anytime you try to do something for a large group of people. Keep on marching, but you have to realize that people here are only interested in not seeing something bad happen. The worst thing you can do when you are frustrated is start typing. Believe me.....
Old 02-28-2007, 05:20 PM

BlackHawk97 is a Private
I changed it, I meant 10fps. If someone comes in chronoing 357, I am not going to say they can't play, but if they are at 385...yeah. We should have some stock springs on hand if someone needs to switch out, but I am not sure exactly how many we will have. I will bring my tools as well as a nice card table and such, but again, please make sure the guns are not shooting hot before you come.

Atomic, it would be great to see you and oddjob and the rest of you out at this one, but there should be future ones, so hope to see you out there, and thank you very much for the support.

And to everyone who rsvp'ed, don't forget to change your rsvp if you do plan on coming now.
"Every gun that is made, every warship that is launched, every rocket that is fired, signifies, in the final sense A THEFT from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower-

Last edited by BlackHawk97; 02-28-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:34 PM

WICKEDTRIGGER13 is a Private
Everybody Drink A Beer And Relax

I see it got a little heated here today, GL is tiring his hardest to give everybody a great event to remember. He had no idea that when he posted here that he was going to receive so many HELPFUL OPTIONS.
Some of this is my fault, I should have had this stuff worked out before hand. I have read and/or talked to many airsoft organizations about their rules and regs. and knew that this may become an issue, insurance companies will cover up to 400fps. with a little more leeway for large outside fields and the length of time the field has been in business. Since America does not have a national airsoft safety committee like paintball, we all have our belief on what is safe and what is not. Please note that when I started playing paintball tourneys we all played with no face mask, just goggles (to get the bounce) This changed when a study proved a paintball at 335fps. had enough energy to crack a cheek bone. Now there is no PB field that will allow a player on the field with out a full mask. TNT does not sell any type of eye protection for paintball or airsoft other than PB goggles because it is the only item I know that will definitely stop projectiles, and I will not accept the liability on anything else.
I was there during paintballs growing pains and I intend on being here for the ones to surely hit airsoft. I will promote the sport and protect it just as if it was my own, not just because it is my business but because I am a player as well.
Please know that we will run a safe event, Will it go off with out a hitch? very few do. but we will be there to take care of any problems or situation that arise. I have been there done that! and have extremely thick skin, so I very much want your criticism and concerns. so everybody sit back have a beer and relax, change your springs to 350fps. and lets have some fun.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:57 PM

General Lee is a Recruit Private
Well now that all of the safety issues have been addressed such as MEDs & FPS cap. And the age limit has been changed. We are looking at a huge turn out ! When i first set this game into play I honestly had no idea what the rules and safety guidelines needed to be, so I put into place what I though would be acceptable to my teams standards, please understand that I am a ex paintball player along with most of my team. Therefore I/we have a high pain tolerance and expectations as far as knowing you have been shot, by hearing the screams or screaming ourselfs ! I now understand the liability and responsibility involved in hosting a event to the fullest, I will offer future events on AO, you guys really do know what you are doing, keep up the good work.

Thank you all for your advice, concerns tips, and continued support ! I planned this event to have a good time with my friends, meet new people. Oh yeah and play in a Historical Building of course !

Thank you all, look forward to meeting you next saturday.... GL
Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM

May We Rise Now, Or Do We Kiss The Ring First

Evil, As I Said Before I Was There Back When, In Paintball. The Masks The Tourneys The Customizing (i'm A Machinist, And Have Mills And Lathes In My Shop) I Have Had Ribs Cracked From Being Bunker. I Have Had A Team Member Knocked Out And Had To Be Covered By A Reff. I Also Personally Knew Davy Marks The One Who Had The Co2 Bottle Rocket Up And Hit The Bottom Of His Jaw. (ate Through A Straw For 8 Months) Still Played Tourneys! Happened At Sc Village!
And Who Didn't Play For Ohio Aggression?
What Gl Is Getting At Is That As A General Rule Paintball Inflicts More Pain Than Airsoft And Paintballer Tend To Get Use To It. In My Store I Have People Coming To Trade Their Paintball Equipment For Airsoft Because Of The Pain Factor.
Evil Maybe I Have Been A Little Harsh Here, But I Feel We Should Use Our Past Knowledge To Advise And Help Not To Throw In Someone Else's Face. I Can Name 15 Great Paintball Players In The Cincinnati Area That Have Done And Will Do More In The Sport Than Me And You Combined.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Masakatsu Agatsu

India is a Private First ClassIndia is a Private First Class
Oh yeah?! Well my dad could beat up your dad!

Seriously guys, just whip em out, compare size, and get it over with, then let's move on.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:36 AM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
The point of my original post was misunderstood. Deleted! Moving on. Banker, as much as it would please you, I will not whip it out!
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Masakatsu Agatsu

India is a Private First ClassIndia is a Private First Class

Nice, chalk one up for Evil Head!
Old 03-02-2007, 05:33 PM

BattlePriest is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to BattlePriest
I would not play in an indoor facility in CQB with any guns shooting at 350 fps in full auto... no matter what minimum engagement range you set. In CQB minimum engagement range means nothing.

I was considering making this my first event in Ohio.. but not with those limits.

I prefer CQB done with stock AEGs or semi auto pistols. IF you allow upgraded guns at all, I wouldn't play unless the AEGs are limited to semi auto

I have seen too many embedded bbs and bleeding sores... at only ONE game... with upgraded guns in CQB. You wouldn't want to get blood all over the pretty theater would you?

I know its most likely too late for me to state all of this... even if you care. But if you have future games.... I would love to come IF... your limits and regs were more controlled.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:47 PM

Mullet is a Private
Would it be possible for someone with a scanner to kindly scan and upload as a .jpg the waiver that needs to be signed? I'm too far and gas is too expensive to get one myself and it would be greatly appreciated if I could print one out and get things worked out beforehand.

I'm sure there are others who would like that as well.

[Disposable Soldier] 12:14 am: "i seriously am serious about not being sure about the seriousness of
the gravity of your seriousness of the situation of you thinking about being serious about my severity
Old 03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
Would it be possible for someone with a scanner to kindly scan and upload as a .jpg the waiver that needs to be signed? I'm too far and gas is too expensive to get one myself and it would be greatly appreciated if I could print one out and get things worked out beforehand.

I'm sure there are others who would like that as well.
I think someone mentioned having it up Sunday. That would give you a week.
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:11 PM

sanitygone is Currently being Court Martialled
Send a message via AIM to sanitygone
I am in a state of emergency. i cant find my balaclava for the required FULL FACE PROTECTION. i am asking if anyone has one that i would be able to use for the event
==================
Expect the Unexpected
Old 03-02-2007, 07:39 PM

Well once agian here is my number 513-546-1888. I dont do well with reading what people type and knowing if they meant it in a positive or negative way, granted it seams most everyone on here is only trying to help I just am one of those guys that prefer using the phone, or talking in person. My real name is Jason and if you call me you will find that I am very rational and easy going, so yeah.....
I hope the changes I have made as far as FPS and MEDs makes you all feel more secure as far as me not hosting whatt could have been a nightmare one could say. With that said, I have had the building examined by 2 firefighters, 2 safety coordinators and have a team working on protecting key areas of this historical building so that we will have fun, and the areas expected to see high levels of concentrated fire will be protected to its fullest. Allowing us to still enjoy this highly detailed SORG OPRA HOUSE.
We spent hours yesterday going over safety issues, and means of protecting this awsome venue. More details to come......... GL

Last edited by General Lee; 03-04-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:55 PM
What plants crave

Picture of the Sorg Opera House

GL,
We know you are working hard and we appreciate that. When you get a chance, can you post a rundown of events, mag restrictions for inividual challenges, and any other helpful information that will help us prep gear for the day.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:55 PM

I am still working on some of the details with TNT, however, so far you are looking at:
First Senerio Clear Theatre (no high caps) mags only limit 3
First Senerio Clear Theatre (high caps)
Every man for himself (pistols only)
Every man for himself (no high caps)
Every man for himself (high caps)
King Of the Mountain (high caps optional)
Pistols only matches
Springer only match
Caputure the flag (no high caps)
Retreve objects netralize hostiles.

Will have details in stone by monday, with 5 hours to play we will do every senerio possible. More to come guys thanks ! GL
Old 03-03-2007, 12:30 AM

i am in need of a speedloader, and a balaclava, or another type of face protection.
==================
Expect the Unexpected
Old 03-03-2007, 01:16 AM

HEY EVERYBODY,
I am sending the waiver to BH97 tonight and I believe he said he would post it in the am. I hope to have a safety rules sheet ready by tomorrow afternoon, maybe a rough map of layout as well.
TNT WILL HAVE FULL FACE PAINTBALL GOGGLES AVAILABLE FOR RENT IN CASE SOME ONE WOULD NEED ONE. As far as the concerns about dangerous hits, even with the 350fps limit and meds, may I suggest wearing and extra shirt under bdu's and maybe a pair of sweats under your pants. also a t-shirt pulled just around the neck is great neck protection.
If there is any other info that needs to be posted let me know.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:26 AM

žolid žnake is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to žolid žnake Send a message via MSN to žolid žnake Send a message via Yahoo to žolid žnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by sainitygone View Post
i am in need of a speedloader, and a balaclava, or another type of face protection.
I got a speed loader if you want bro, you can have it, I got 80 of em
I'll bring it to the game for shure.

so question:
is it going to be dark in there? are we going to need flash lights?
and does my ballistic lens gas mask count as full face protection? its got 2 lenses and covers my entire face.
sorry for the noob question.

Last edited by žolid žnake; 03-03-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:27 AM

ok, thanks solid snake.
==================
Expect the Unexpected
Old 03-03-2007, 01:48 AM

It will be low light but not dark, flashlights in certain areas would help.
As far as your gas mask, as long as it will withstand the test hits(very similar to the test rules for Ao) no problem
Old 03-03-2007, 01:49 AM

Mullet is a Private
Anyone have a spare orange reflective vest I can wear as photographer?

Old 03-03-2007, 02:06 AM

maybe able to hook you up on game day, I don't know how many reffs I have at one time so I may have an extra vest
Old 03-03-2007, 08:35 PM

žolid žnake is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to žolid žnake Send a message via MSN to žolid žnake Send a message via Yahoo to žolid žnake
Yeah my gas mask should hold. I shot my dorky glasses today point blank and it did no dammage and if they can take it then I know my gas mask can take it for shure, I'm going to test it anyway on full auto at point blank.
Im so excited to play in this game. I also ran into evil head in Airsoft Arms today. It wan an honor lol. anyway I cant wait to see you all there.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:39 AM

Atomic is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by žolid žnake View Post
Yeah my gas mask should hold. I shot my dorky glasses today point blank and it did no dammage and if they can take it then I know my gas mask can take it for shure, I'm going to test it anyway on full auto at point blank.
Im so excited to play in this game. I also ran into evil head in Airsoft Arms today. It wan an honor lol. anyway I cant wait to see you all there.
Snake,

I saw that mask when we played with your guys last weekend. You have an M41 protective mask, and I would not play with it. If memory serves, the lenses are glass with plastic replaceable covers. They are designed to see out of, not to stop objects. I have never seen an ANSI rating for the M41. It could very possiblly exceed the ANSI standards, but if it hasn't been properly tested, you are taking a large risk.

Even if it survives an impact from your gun, that doesn't mean it will survive all impacts in an airsoft game. Someone could hit you with a hotter gun at a different angle, and BLAM, you have glass fragments in your eyes. Just my .02s.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but I don't want to see you lose an eye. I would spend $30 on some JTs or $10 on some UVEX to get you through the weekend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: