Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Weapons and Gear > Bolt-Action and Spring gun discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 08:06 PM

NWATT-Gewehr is a Private
Sorry for the necro-post

The M324 and the VSR-10, USR-11 are not interchangable barrels because the hop- up bucking is mounted to a plastic "chamber" on the UTG but they are mounted directly to the barrel on the other two rifles.
The barrels on the other two would be interchangable if you also changed the hop-up buckings, as the differences between the two can be corrected with a hand file.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:46 PM

Darkside Six is a Private
Ok I tried doing this mod tonight, and I lost a little spring in the Hop up. Its the one that went to the sideway's U. Is there anyway to order this from UTG or from another person without buying the whole gun?As I was putting the top of the hop up system on, thats when the spring flew out.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:47 PM

NWATT-Gewehr is a Private
Yes, you can order the spring directly from Leapers, simply call their 800 number and they will be able to help you.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:11 PM

GeekWithGun is a Private
Send a message via AIM to GeekWithGun Send a message via MSN to GeekWithGun Send a message via Yahoo to GeekWithGun
M324 teflon, no tightbore, .30 bb's, and some plasti-dip

I got a M324 a few months back and used it for a while with our newly-forming team. I did the teflon mod (no tightbore barrel) and also did the lubing that is described on the airsoft retreat page of the original post. I don't have any chronograph and didn't use the tin can test, but subjectively I noticed a significant difference. Only problem is, it goes to the left now after a distance, which some of the others on airsoft retreat had mentioned.

I've been using .20 for a while and honestly haven't been too impressed with the accuracy. I was up in Michigan over Easter and happened to go to Meijer and spotted some .30. I picked up a bottle and used it last weekend. AWESOME!!! The accuracy difference was incredible. The gun shot straighter than it ever has. And it passes through a decent amount of brush (to my oldest son's dismay) quite decently. So, I'm sold on .30's. I actually felt good about the rifle for the first time since I bought it.

Tonight I just redid the teflon mod (and relubed the innards) since one of the other poster's mentioned the left-tendency may be due to bad taping. One thing I did change this time was how I did the cylinder: the teflon tape on the cylinder seemed to get scraped off almost immediately, so I tried plasti-dip spray.

First, I stuffed a small amount of tissue paper in the cylinder (to keep plastidip from going down the cylinder), leaving enough sticking out so I could pull it out later. Then I carefully sprayed the tip with plasti-dip spray. I let it dry for a while then pulled out the tissue.

Picture

I'm hoping this will last a little better than the teflon tape on the cylinder. I'll let you know...
Old 05-27-2007, 06:49 AM

GeekWithGun is a Private
Send a message via AIM to GeekWithGun Send a message via MSN to GeekWithGun Send a message via Yahoo to GeekWithGun
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekWithGun View Post
Tonight I just redid the teflon mod (and relubed the innards) since one of the other poster's mentioned the left-tendency may be due to bad taping. One thing I did change this time was how I did the cylinder: the teflon tape on the cylinder seemed to get scraped off almost immediately, so I tried plasti-dip spray.
I'm hoping this will last a little better than the teflon tape on the cylinder. I'll let you know...
Forgot to post results -- redo-ing the teflon tape, using the plasti-dip and re-lubing the cylinder got me good results. Shooting straighter -- and according to those being hit -- faster. I had to go down to .25 bb's from the .30 because we were playing in closer quarters (still 60+ feet away) and the .30's were hitting too hard.

I noticed the lubing of the cylinder seemed to go better this time and I noticed a drastic difference in the air pressure when I had the spring/cylinder mechanism out and was firing it repeatedly after lubing it (to help mix the lube around and get the extra out so it didn't ooze out elsewhere).
Old 12-13-2007, 09:45 PM

Spartan-120 is a Private
A note: I just did the Teflon mod to my Gen 3 upgraded M324, and tested it on a pop can. It went right through the base about halfway between the center and the rim, and it also went straight through both sides of the can after impacting both the outside and inside of the can at about a forty five degree angle at a distance of about 20 feet. I'm guessing the fps is well into the 450-470 range with a KSC biodegradable .25 gram bb.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 PM

Truthahnkrieger is a Private
Can you do the tape mod on an aeg tightbore to ?
Old 12-14-2007, 04:01 PM

Cut Throat is a Private
No, you cannot.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:27 PM

Mr. Black is a Private
Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Black
yes you can. Its just a few layers over the back of the bucking to keep air from leaking.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 AM

AEPi Airsoft is a Private
I did the teflon mod exactly as suggested here. I chronoed at 410-430 with .20. I had to modify the new tightbore barrel I bought to fit, using a dremel and other tricks. The only thing I didnt see as necessary was wrapping teflon around the end of the cylinder tube. It came off after a day of shooting. I may have done it wrong, but it seems from the constant friction it receives from shooting every shot, it is just a matter of time.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Banned

sharpshooter47 is a Recruit Private
ok i did this and my hop up is now on like all the way and it wont ajust so what did i do? lol
Old 04-02-2010, 07:23 PM

wahugg is a Private
Send a message via AIM to wahugg
Sharpshooter this is a huge necro post. Please read the rules PLEASE!
We wish we could've lived our lives without making any wrong turns. But that's impossible. A path like that doesn't exist. We fall. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes. And little by little, one step at a time, we push forward. It's all we can do on our own two feet. Even if we get a little banged up. Someday, we'll reach something. We'll reach someone. - A true Friend

Last edited by wahugg; 05-09-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:53 AM

george.mikal is a Private
hmmmm.....ok
Old 05-08-2010, 02:07 PM

Behindyou is a Private
I thought you couldn't necro a sticky....

Quote:
(13:13:07) Panda:they should have to learn by joining a chat session while you guys slam me
Old 05-08-2010, 03:42 PM

Son of Liberty is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Son of Liberty Send a message via Yahoo to Son of Liberty
Don't jump down this guys throat dude. He's asking a valid question in a thread that pertains to his issue. Wish I could help.
Warning: My vagina is big enough to swallow your self-esteem. Read my comments with caution.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:18 PM

NYRECONMARINES is a Private
Nice

Thanks for the thread....looks good.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:29 AM

MJThurston is a Private
Great pics and great write up.

HUGE SUGGESTION:
Guys if you are going to do this upgrade. Do not do it on carpet. I have no idea how he did this and no black marks or oil got onto the carpet. Do this on a work bench or a drop cloth.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:52 PM

Columbus Kid is a Private
Awesome Guide!

Great work!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:31 PM

Carnival is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Kid View Post
Awesome Guide!

Great work!
Awesome first post!

Great work!

Next time try to contribute something substantial to the thread before posting on it and drudging it back up to the top of readability. Especially if it's an older thread and you don't have a question for it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: