Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 10-26-2015, 10:04 AM

Greg_ward is a Private
I love these guys Airsoft Videos!!!!!!!!

I love these guys Airsoft Videos, these guys are creative as heck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzVNOuMJ5Mc
Old 10-26-2015, 09:27 PM

cj93 is a Private
I don't think that you understand what these forums are for.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:43 PM

Glitch is a Private First Class
As Connor said, California is a different style of airsoft. It is totally cool to like this, but I will say that I favor the more military, tactics-based, and immersive style of play. Rather than t shirt, jeans, and a gun, most players/teams in the area will use full loadouts, matching colors, radios, and solid tactical teamwork.

I will also state there are not many strictly CQB environments in Ohio (and surrounding states, maybe just a couple) as most field are outdoors. Run and gun tactics seen here may not work as well against a milsim style team that will overwhelm you with numbers/fire suppression and superiority, medic any players you take out, and move on to the objective.

As I said, it's fine that you like this style of play! Everyone has their preference, but know that the community here is not about filling a kill card, its about creating the community camaraderie, playing as a unit, and respecting the man on the other side of your barrel.

It's like I have money one day, and the next day it's hey look at this new airsoft thingy take my money.

Be the change you want to see in this community.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:12 PM

cj93 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
As Connor said, California is a different style of airsoft. It is totally cool to like this, but I will say that I favor the more military, tactics-based, and immersive style of play. Rather than t shirt, jeans, and a gun, most players/teams in the area will use full loadouts, matching colors, radios, and solid tactical teamwork.

I will also state there are not many strictly CQB environments in Ohio (and surrounding states, maybe just a couple) as most field are outdoors. Run and gun tactics seen here may not work as well against a milsim style team that will overwhelm you with numbers/fire suppression and superiority, medic any players you take out, and move on to the objective.

As I said, it's fine that you like this style of play! Everyone has their preference, but know that the community here is not about filling a kill card, its about creating the community camaraderie, playing as a unit, and respecting the man on the other side of your barrel.
Not really what I was getting at but still good point Glitch. What I was trying to say through my lack of ability to articulate my thoughts through speech is that this forum is more about discussing the advancement of the sport and discussing new ideas, not to say "Hey this looks cool" and post a video.

In saying this however Im not saying that you (Greg Ward) are not welcome on this forum, I am just trying to say that these kind of posts are not really what this forum is for and creates a more Facebook like vibe that we as a community are not trying for.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:32 AM

Greg_ward is a Private
In any sport or hobby you will find the "purist" and thats ok with me, to a point I am one as well, and I have zero problem with that My point (CJ93) was hey look, this kid out in California is doing something different that what im use to seeing, Ive never seen anyone put so much professional effort and what looks like a lot of time into the presentation of a days airsoft match as this kid seems to be doing, frankly I like seeing the many different ways airsoft is presented around the world, I get it..I get it a lot of people prefer the Milsim tradional style so do i. but (CJ93)I just wanted to share something I thought was cool and new and different, instead of the same ol go pro head mount watch me shoot videos that ive seen for years.

and to your comment "I don't think that you understand what these forums are for."
yes i do.....its to raise discussion, and talk about the past, current and future of all things airsoft.
but we can agree to disagree but hey all I wanted to do was share something I thought was new and innovative.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:51 PM

Panda is a Private
Well, there is a discussion going, so he did kinda properly use the forums in a roundabout way.

I've always thought that California airsoft would be cool, but definitely as another option and not the only option. I enjoy my long walks to objectives and the lulls in action make the action all the better when it does happen.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 10-27-2015, 10:46 PM

Totally understandable. Slightly mistook the information. Always wanted to round up some Ohio guys and head out there for a week to see what we can do against the different tempo.

Who's in?

It's like I have money one day, and the next day it's hey look at this new airsoft thingy take my money.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:33 AM

Greg_ward is a Private
Glitch Count me in.
It would be interesting to change the tempo of game play a for a bit...lets go in December, having a sunny 85 degree December sounds good about now.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Airsoft Prophet

RotaryProphet is a Private
It would be interesting to see what a bunch of old, slow milsim guys with good communication could do.

Die a lot, maybe.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:38 AM

2tall is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryProphet View Post
It would be interesting to see what a bunch of old, slow milsim guys with good communication could do.

Die a lot, maybe.

Rotary who you call-in old? .,.oh crap that's me! At 52 I don't move or run so fast anymore
Old 10-28-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryProphet View Post

Die a lot, maybe.
Well let's let them run at us, get all tired, I believe we would definitely hold our own.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: