Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-14-2013, 12:21 AM

Raziel is a Private
Help me program my Icom F21!

It seems like I've been through hell and high water trying to figure out how to program this thing, now I've decided that surely someone else here has had the same problems as me, and can hopefully give me some insight on how to program this baby. And for everyone out there who's gonna say "Buy a (insert other radio name here), it's so much easier!" No, I got this one, I'm gonna use this one.

Anyway, I've got the radio, I've got the software CS-F11, I've got a cable to plug it into my computer (the usb-to-3.5mm plug one) but I'm not sure if it's the right plug, since I just read something about a CI-V interface something-or-other? But that's another $60 that I'd rather not spend.

So if anyone has had similar problems, tell me how they were resolved! I'm open to the idea of programming it just with its onboard buttons, but again, can't find any helpful guides as to how to do such a thing.

-Lt. Gen. Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller
Old 02-14-2013, 06:39 AM

mac50 is a Private
Did you try looking on Youtube?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 AM

Raziel is a Private
Yeah, I scoured youtube and google for days and couldn't find anything useful to me.

-Lt. Gen. Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller
Old 02-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Masakatsu Agatsu

India is a Private First ClassIndia is a Private First Class
I hope you can figure it out, but I have NEVER had success trying to program a radio via a cable and computer. Initially, it was because the software was too old, but even after finding what was supposed to be compatible, I never got it to work. It got so amazingly frustrating that I swore off all radios without onboard programming cabability, meaing a keypad and LCD screen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: