Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 06-07-2007, 03:35 AM
FatTek

What is a good CQB Shotgun?

Hey I have a good rifle and a good sidarm and good secondary.
Now I am trying to get stuff for CQB MilSim.
I am purchasing a JG(I'm a broke Mofo) Mp5, and I really want a sweet arse pump shotty.
All the ones I have see are like 30 bones.. I just dont see my self getting a good quality gun for 30 bones. Any advice or site's I should check out?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Banned

sniper J has been Court Martialled
Send a message via AIM to sniper J
maruzen makes decent shot guns and also tokyo mauri. I would just google tokyo mauri shotgun or maruzen shotgun to find some websites.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:21 AM

Revan is a Private
I have been impressed with the UTG shotguns. They are around your pricerange, and offer pretty decent performance for that price.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Interests: Necro-posting in threads I want closed. If interested, IM me.

brandon has been Court Martialled
the problem with the UTG shotguns and those 30 dollar guns is that they are not "shotguns" they just look like shotugns. They only shoot one bb per trigger pull. A shotgun is as everyone knows suposed to shoot multiple "shot" a.k.a bb's at one time. So i guess i'd say tokyo marui if u have the "bones" or maybe a tanaka if u have the "bones" as u refered to it.

"I Said mister, mister with your beard so long
Won't you be a saint and tell me
Just where I'm going
He pointed to a conch shell and then
To the lime and said this is all
I really need to get by"
Old 06-07-2007, 01:10 PM

Shiftyeyes92 is a Recruit Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Shiftyeyes92
Shotguns dont only shot burst(real steel). You can use slugs if you want. also for airsoft cock the gun more than once for multiple bbs.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Masakatsu Agatsu

India is a Private First ClassIndia is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftyeyes92 View Post
also for airsoft cock the gun more than once for multiple bbs.
That *might* work mechanically, but you're still working with the same energy source. What was designed to push 0.20g is now trying to push 0.40g, 0.60g, or higher. Knock yourself out, but I'd be surprised to see the BBs go further than 20ft.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:20 PM
FatTek

150 for a shotty... more then i wanted but its got good solid structure and shoots like a beast( Says people in reviews) Not a bad buy if you ask me ...
check him out maruzen m870
Old 06-07-2007, 06:01 PM

FerretFace is a Private
Send a message via AIM to FerretFace
For that range I would get a TM. Shoot three rounds, nice range, and nice spread (the way the bb's seperate from another). Except three barrels could be hard maitenance.

:: Fat Tek ::
Getting as many shots down range as possible

In that case, you might want a gas which can shoot as many as 7 shots.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:38 AM
FatTek

lol thanks :d
Old 06-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Weekly Quiz winner 2K7

Thatfatmacdude is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Thatfatmacdude Send a message via Yahoo to Thatfatmacdude
Actually if you are looking for a big spread pattern then do not buy a Marui. They are top of the line, however they are quite accurate for a stock Marui gun.

In the grand skeem of things, shotguns are going to be one of those niche weapons in airsoft. Fact being that they do a mediocre job of replicating what a shell does. The only shotguns that do any comparable job to what a real one will, would be the Maruzen M1100, the M870, and the Tanaka M870. All of these models are representations of the most well known of the Remington lineup of Shotguns. All of these shotguns use shot shells and gas to expel the projectile. The only difference between the 1100 and the 870 is the fact that the 1100 is semi-automatic while the 870 is of the pump action verity.

In the end, airsoft shotties require a lot of love and you have to keep spare parts in your spare parts chest. I know that the M1100 that I owned had a problem with the extractor. Went through parts like crazy. However from my research, it seams to not be a common problem.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:22 PM

TurtleTr00per is a Recruit Private
G&P makes full metal shotguns with insane FPS specs. If you want a shotty, I would say don't buy the JG and just use the money to get an even better shotgun. The G&P shotgun will probably last longer than a JG and have better stock performance.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=20398

Here's an awesome one. 380 fps, all metal.

http://noah.jansen.googlepages.com

Old 06-09-2007, 01:11 AM

ctrlurself is a Recruit Private
for having said that he's broke, there are a lot of suggestions for 300$ shotties...

FatTek, most shotguns you buy will be craptacular unless you spend a few hundred dollars. When i started out, i was using a utg shotgun against people with ICS MP5s, CA M16s and a TM Thompson... but i was still getting plenty of kills.

So, pick up the 30$ shotgun. it's very satisfying to go psycho with a shotgun, drop 4 people, then get gunned down in a blaze of glory (I got 4 of 7 guys that were in a room planning their next move, and numbers 5-7 lit me up)... very satisfying

the best part about cheap guns, is you really don't have to worry about breaking them, because they are cheap to replace. so do the dive sideways into a room and waste somebody, cuz if your gun breaks, it's not that bad (did this one too, careful how you land)... btw, it's safer to roll/slide into a room than to dive in.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:27 AM

Big Clips is a Private First ClassBig Clips is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Big Clips Send a message via Yahoo to Big Clips
Having owned and used a Maruzen 870 and used a Maruzen M1100 and Marushin M500 in combat I can tell you they are pretty pointless.

I have high hopes for the Tanaka

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: