Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Main > Places to Play

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.79 average. Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 11:39 AM

Clubs is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Clubs
those are some great buildings, but how big is the field? if i'm going to take the 2 hour drive out there, i need to know if it is worth it.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:21 PM

i70Pb Airsoft is a Private
The field is aprox. 11+ acres
Total site is 21 acres

You can get a group together and have a outing on my field anytime.
Just call 937-237-7070

Building is a little behind schedule due to rain.

Open play everyday as of now + Saturday & Sunday
$5.00 entry we have electric on site if needed.
Retail & Repair Center
Chrono & Target Range
Shelter & Restrooms
Old 06-03-2010, 01:43 PM

Skate is a Private
I'll be taking at least two friends with me to play at 3:45 on Saturday. If anyone wants to meet up we'd be glad to have more people come along.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:25 PM

Wicaed is a Private
have to work on saturday. but if anyone wants to do wednesday, that would be awesome. will be my first time out in a long while, just ordered some new gear to tidy my old loadout and want to get out and play asap.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:46 PM

RaptorNGA is a Private
I'd love to come out Saturday but i'm gonna be at Op. Kadesh.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:01 PM

Just put a Van and a Trailer up on the gravel road, adding some new bunkers next week also. Hope to see you out soon.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:24 PM

Clark is a Recruit Private
Send a message via Skype™ to Clark
You should start putting events on the main page to see what kind of attention it would get. I know I'd love to play here!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:22 PM

psc0111 is a Private
is this field open for reservations of is it only open play? srry im new =D
Old 06-15-2010, 11:37 PM

Bells is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Bells Send a message via Yahoo to Bells
We just played a game out there with reaper and some of tac1 and it was a pretty cool field, the chunk we seen of it. It is a nice place to play. I recommend going out and checking it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Airsoft: 30 dollar non blowback 1911 that doubles as a boomerang.
Losers always whine about their best! Winners go home and F*** the prom Queen!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM

Wicaed is a Private
Let me know if anyone is going out for open play today 12-8, im off today with nothing to do.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:42 AM

Patronus is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Patronus Send a message via Yahoo to Patronus
ok so im likin the set up and all but i have a question: it says something to the effect of prices for Bio rounds on the AO link for i70. if we show up are we going to be turned down for using normal rounds or is the link just saying thats all that they offer for sale there?

**edit**
-non-Bio rounds are ok so far and I70 will be making a final decision by the start of next year.
Death is my Dance Partner

Last edited by Patronus; 06-17-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: info found
Old 07-05-2010, 08:44 PM

Pandapeep is a Private
I've been down to this field several times now, and it's pretty decent. It's a bit small and you have a hard time getting to very tactical. But the guys who run it are pretty friendly and it does the job.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:52 PM

USAFTbird is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to USAFTbird
i70 Airsoft

Forum lurker, first time posting. Take it for what it's worth...

Me about 5-8 friends try to get out to i70 Paintball to play airsoft every weekend we can (I figure we've been out there about 4 or 5 times now). The staff is very nice and helpful (even filling an empty canteen upon request). The rental guns are first rate and the field charge of $5 is very affordable for some n00bs getting into the sport with a ton of money tied up with initial equipment costs. They've asked if we need a ref, but since it's such a small group that we "roll" with it's really not needed, so we decline.

The field is pretty much divided into two sections divided by a wooded area. The bottom section plays CQB style and makes for a decent base. On top of the hill is a semi trailer that can act as a base of operations. The wooded section on is separated from the top of the hill by a road that is accessible to the paintball field by truck.

The real magic of the airsoft field (when played with groups of 8, 4 on a team) is capture the flag. One team guarding the top area, one guarding the bottom. Plenty of places to hide. This is how we've preferred to play most of our Saturdays out there.

What's really nice is they have NEVER gotten of the way of us having a good time. We pay our fees, buy something here or there, rent a gun or whatnot and play! For us, not knowing anyone with acreage, it's a God-send.

This last Saturday, the 3rd of July, something changed. The field fees were doubled (not a biggie, but for two families double cost now needs to be considered before taking everyone along) without a notice at i70airsoft.com. Also, we were told to stay off the road (by a paintball referee) which effectively cuts our use of the top section. I highly doubt that this was a "business decision", but more convenience to the referee. We go about out business, finish up our game and leave.

I get the whole paintball vs. airsoft thing (one of the better pick-up players we've played with is a paintballer), but we had just payed double the usual amount to play in less space?

Needless to say, we are looking for a better "home" field...
Old 07-06-2010, 01:34 PM

First off I must say that the field fee thing is my bad , I just installed the POS system and had the wrong amount in. Field fee is still $5.00 but is subject change in the future. Special events ect... I will Pm you a refund of the money you have coming back to you.

As for the short field we be fixing that for good, as after the Forts get built (month or so) that roadway will be closed, the field boundaries will be remarked as well. This is a work in progress so please bare with me.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:52 PM

USAFTbird is a Private
Tim,
Thanks for the quick reply and wanting to rectify the situation. You have been way more than kind, and I know we'll be there like we always are. My post was a little heated, so the last part of my post was kinda douchey. That's my bad.

Thanks for the field clarification. That takes care of the biggest concern. Also, we all appreciate you giving us a place to play.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:22 PM

jopie777 is a Private
USAFTbird
do you go down there saturday i thought there only open tuesday and thursday

Last edited by jopie777; 07-07-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:50 PM

Sgt.Woody is a Recruit Private
Maybe I'll play there sometime but right now no. Only becuase of BIO BB'S ONLY. This really grabbed my attention away from the field. Plus I'm going to spend money to play and maybe $20 for bb's when I can buy some cheaper than that. Regular ones are fine. Bio bb's may be better for the Earth but they don't just dissapear out of the blue when they hit the ground (although that would be cool). Please reconsider for the sake of airsoft players, LET US USE REGULAR BB's! Thank You.

P.S. Nice field!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 AM

USAFTbird is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopie777 View Post
USAFTbird
do you go down there saturday i thought there only open tuesday and thursday
Yeah! We (about 7 to 8 of us now) try to get out there early on Saturdays when able. This week we should be there on Sunday at open. The field is really nice. Can't wait to see what it'll be like when the upper section is finished. It's already very playable.

By the way, I'm not sure why people would be upset with bio BBs. Our group hasn't noticed much of a difference when using quality BBs. Just recently I purchased some Matrix .25 bios and they are very accurate to about 100 ft with my JG p90. You can get them online for a decent price, it's not like you are forced to buy BBs at i70, and it shouldn't keep you away.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:31 AM

Brenden45424 is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Brenden45424
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTbird View Post
By the way, I'm not sure why people would be upset with bio BBs. Our group hasn't noticed much of a difference when using quality BBs. Just recently I purchased some Matrix .25 bios and they are very accurate to about 100 ft with my JG p90. You can get them online for a decent price, it's not like you are forced to buy BBs at i70, and it shouldn't keep you away.
The difference is you cant get bb's for the higher weights(.30+). I have to use .32 bb's for my upgraded m16 DMR and my kjw pistol. Finding them and buying them cheeply is insainly hard. Regulars are 13 a bag for 3000 golden ball. now imagine bios cost. im not paying 20 maybe 25 for a bag of 3000 bio bb's...aint no way in(excuse my language) hell. id rather go to private fields and buy madbull .36 or .4's
I70 open plays; Many 1xx, 2xx, and 3xx Springfield series ; Operation Wyte Wash ; Operation Bone Breaker ; Operation Springbreak; A Roseville Op ; Op: Blind Fury 7 ; Op: Backdraft ; Op: Flashover ; Op: Estonia ; Op: The Day After Part I; Blind fury 8; Op: Braaaaaains!; Op: Gecko; Op Crucible; Op: Moonlight; Op: Irene
Old 07-08-2010, 06:34 AM

Btw do u got any fps limits on this field? i live in westerville and this may be a good option if you would change the bb rule. You would atract more players attention. (as in the bigger teams and group which means good business, which means expantion and better fields, which means more business and more money for you!)
I70 open plays; Many 1xx, 2xx, and 3xx Springfield series ; Operation Wyte Wash ; Operation Bone Breaker ; Operation Springbreak; A Roseville Op ; Op: Blind Fury 7 ; Op: Backdraft ; Op: Flashover ; Op: Estonia ; Op: The Day After Part I; Blind fury 8; Op: Braaaaaains!; Op: Gecko; Op Crucible; Op: Moonlight; Op: Irene
Old 07-12-2010, 09:20 AM

We allow ALL types of bb's on the field. We are trying to think long term and go green with use of the bio's, we sell them for $45.00 for 10,000 rds. smaller amounts available. At i70 we try to match online pricing for all our customers, this way you can check out an item, feel it in your hands before you buy it. 450 fps for open play but can change for Special Events. Huge Two Story Fort built this weekend pics to come soon.

Open play every Tue-Wed-Thur-Fri 12 Noon to 8pm. Saturday 9am-9pm. Sunday 11am-6pm Entry $5.00 AEG Rentals $30.00

Last edited by i70Pb Airsoft; 07-12-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: post open play hours
Old 07-12-2010, 11:02 AM

i would love to come out but ill mail you about my issue
Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 PM

We are currently working on a new web site with updated field hours and info in approximately 2 weeks.

With safety & fun in mind i70 will be trying out the following FPS on OPEN PLAY Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, 12-dark. Saturday 9am-dark & Sunday 11am-Dark ($30 AEG rental gear due in at Service Center closing time) Only a $5.00 Field Fee.

.20gram BB's - Radar Chrono

0ft+ 350fps max
25ft+ 425fps max
50ft+ 500fps max AEG Full-Auto cut off
100ft+ 575fps +

Field available for special events & training 937-237-7070

www.i70Airsoft.com

Last edited by i70Pb Airsoft; 07-13-2010 at 06:47 AM. Reason: add info
Old 07-12-2010, 10:11 PM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
Your FPS rules are a bit unclear.
What BB weight are you using to chrono?
What velocity is the full auto cut-off?
Are you using a radar chrono? (they tend to chrono low -30fps or so)

These things will tend to keep veteran players away, you might want to address them.
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Head View Post
Your FPS rules are a bit unclear.
What BB weight are you using to chrono? = .20 during Chrono
What velocity is the full auto cut-off? = 500 FPS
Are you using a radar chrono? (they tend to chrono low -30fps or so) =Red Radar Chrono

These things will tend to keep veteran players away, you might want to address them.
Just ask, i70 is always available for any questions & concerns, suggestions, ect..... Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: