Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 07-03-2009, 04:44 PM

sPro MiTcH is a Private
UTG L96 Bolt Pull will not go down

I pulled the bolt back without the clip in and when i tryed to push it back down to fire it locked up when comletely forward.

The gun is only a month old and the 30 day ran out the day before this happened. i dont know enough to take it apart, or what is even wrong with it. if anyone has had the same problem or knows the problem can help me out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, MiTcH
Old 07-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
So what you're saying is that you pushed the bolt forward, it went forward all the way, but now it will not fire?

Did you put the magazine in and try to fire a round off? Have you checked if your safety was on?

Old 07-03-2009, 05:19 PM

Dutch is a Private
there is a small screw hole on the back of the bolt, un tighten it a little and see if that helps

Old 07-03-2009, 10:27 PM

l96sniper is a Private
sometimes, well at least with my l96, it gets jammed. get some welding wire and unjam the bb.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:00 PM

Firefox is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by l96sniper View Post
sometimes, well at least with my l96, it gets jammed. get some welding wire and unjam the bb.
He said he fired it with no magazine in the gun. So there is no bb jam.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:53 PM

sPro MiTcH is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
So what you're saying is that you pushed the bolt forward, it went forward all the way, but now it will not fire?

Did you put the magazine in and try to fire a round off? Have you checked if your safety was on?
it seems to be forward all the way, but it will not go down. becasuse it wont go down with the mag in or out the trigger is locked like it is on saftey, but saftey is not on
Old 07-04-2009, 10:00 PM

schmikah is a Private
HAHA, I had the same exact problem and had to completely disassemble my trigger assembly. There is a vertical pin that holds the spring in the compressed position, and there are two small springs that make this pin move backwards when the bolt is pulled backward to fully cocked position. If even one of these tiny springs bends/breaks or falls out of its slot, the pin will not move to a vertical position and it will not hold the spring compressed and it will not allow the bolt to return forward. The pin at this point is more than likely in a forward position, which it should never be in, it should either be pointing towards the shooter at a 45%ish degree angle when the spring is uncompressed or vertical when the spring is compressed. The only thing to do is detach the trigger assembly from the barrel and spring and then take apart the assembly. There should be one or two tutorials on youtube about putting the assembly back together. If this doesn't work you PM me and I'll see if I can help you more.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:31 PM

sPro MiTcH is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
there is a small screw hole on the back of the bolt, un tighten it a little and see if that helps
that made it work, but it still doesnt seem right the bolt pull spins now, but atleast it works. thanks alot !
Old 07-05-2009, 12:05 AM

Dutch is a Private
just put the bolt down and then tighten it to where it moves.. keep a small screw driver with you because it will get looses and flop about

Old 07-06-2009, 07:35 AM

nhviper is a Private
Send a message via AIM to nhviper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
just put the bolt down and then tighten it to where it moves.. keep a small screw driver with you because it will get looses and flop about
Loc-Tite, solves the whole thing. Also try keeping your thumb on the rear of the bolt assembly when you pull it back to keep it from trying to rotate if you don't want to Loc-Tite it. Plus you can break Loc-Tite easy so its not like you won't ever be able to get it off again.

"Airsoft isn't black and white, its more of shades of gray and then some damn fool throws a pink hello kitty into your pallet and you're left wondering 'where tha' f**k did that come from?'"
Old 07-06-2009, 05:52 PM

DemonicUnicorn2 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhviper View Post
Loc-Tite, solves the whole thing. Also try keeping your thumb on the rear of the bolt assembly when you pull it back to keep it from trying to rotate if you don't want to Loc-Tite it. Plus you can break Loc-Tite easy so its not like you won't ever be able to get it off again.
Ummm no. You cannot break Red Loc-tite at all. The Blue Loc-tite is meant to be broken. The Red will require heat(read:torch) to melt the Loc-tite away.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:54 PM

osnola7 is a Private
ha ha ha happended to me on my first sniper........ the m324 (utg) this happened when i was new into airsoft and i sent it back cause i didnt no how to fix it lol

Tags
bolt action, helpmeplease, l96, utg l96

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: