Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Banned

Parasite205 is a Recruit Private
Echo 1 E90 (P90) Standard Magazine

hello, i recently found these on the airsoftgi site and i was wondering if anyone here could tell me a little bit about these mags from personal use. (there are no reviews yet)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=4669

They appear to be what you get in the Echo1 E90 box, which from what i hear, the low caps are excellent.

thanks
Old 01-29-2009, 11:47 AM

Dora is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Dora
I have handled these mags a few times and while I haven't used them, I can give you some information on them.

In comparison to the Marui mags, the plastic is thinner and feels cheap (for instance you can actually bend in the center of the mag a little, which is impossible on the Marui mags.) Also, if you shake the mag around, you can hear something shaking as well, though I'm not sure if that's universal or from the one mag I was using. Cosmetically, they fake rounds in them like the Marui mags but the trades are off (I'm not sure if you really care about that but it's something worth mentioning.) If they feed in any way like the Marui mags do, they will probably be pretty good, but unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to use them.

Personally, I'm going to stick to buying Marui mags. If the Echo 1 mags bend when I push them, I'd be afraid of them cracking if I happened to land on a rock or something, which probably wouldn't happen with the Marui ones. Then again, like anything else, you get what you pay for.

If you're thinking about building a P90 loadout, just be aware that it extremely expensive. I have spent over $200 in mags alone, which doesn't include the pouches (for a single mag and pouch, the price comes to about $50.) I hope this was helpful.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:01 PM

darksniper is a Recruit Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora View Post
(for a single mag and pouch, the price comes to about $50.)
http://www.airsoftarms.com/Condor-Mu...P-45-Mag-Pouch 18.99 this might take down your price when you buy mag pouches.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
Not really, Dark sniper. If you buy the Condor OD ones, they're $15, if you want to go the cheap route. The expensive route will cost you about $50 for one marui magazine and tactical tailor pouch.

$42 compared to $48. I'd hit up the TT.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:57 PM

Dora is a Private
Probably another good reason to go with the TT pouches, aside from overall better quality is because you can fit more pouches and therefore mags on your vest with the TT rather than the Condor.
http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/s...aphotos/19.jpg
As you can see from that example, which unfortunately isn't the best because of Phil's giant HEED, Redkips (standing next to EH) is using my old Condor pouches while I on the right am using the TT pouches. With the TTs, I can hold a total of eight mags, where with the Condor you can fit six. Quite simply, the TT pouches have a smaller profile, making it possible to squeeze more pouches onto the vest. The only downside is that the mags are extremely difficult to get in and out at first, though if you leave the mags in the pouches for a nice amount of time, the problem isn't as bad.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:00 PM

Phil is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Phil
Dude, Jesus Dora. Best first posts ever, period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texx View Post
Phil is damned perfect. And beautiful. In that manly beautiful sort of way. Count yourself lucky he cared enough to share his wisdom....his beautiful, beautiful wisdom...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Banned

Parasite205 is a Recruit Private
Alright thanks for the info

I'm probably going to go with the marui midcaps then and as for the mag pouches, i don't have a molle vest so for now I'll just have to leave my vest's mag pouches unstrapped until i can afford a new one. Should be no biggie being i only play three to four games in the winter.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:16 PM

AKOO is a Private
I just bought the P90 mid cap (130 rounds), and it is very difficult to load. Now i was told to lube inside and keep rounds in the magazine to break-in the spring. Does any one have any other ideas?
Old 06-25-2009, 10:55 PM

Dora is a Private
Dude, for one, this is a necropost. Two, you started another thread two hours later when your question didn't get asked. This is a forum, not a chat room or live help area. Give things some time and chances are your length of time here will be greater as well.

Tags
e90, echo 1, magazine

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: