Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-25-2015, 06:09 PM

FIFO is a Private
Question Ares M4 gearbox or motor problem

So i own an Ares M4 that ive had for years that i never had any problems with. I just bought another Ares M4 from my brother and decided to combine the best parts of both to make the gun i wanted. mine had a full metal body and his had a metal RIS system and a rear wired gearbox. Now the gun i bought was used a month ago so it worked last time it was used as did mine. I removed the gearbox and put it into my metal body installed the motor and wanted to make sure the gearbox would cycle so i used a battery and checked it and it made a sound like the motor was trying to turn but couldnt. so i looked around online and Seen that it could be the gearbox was stored with the cylinder half way back and could be causing the problem. I used a pick and pulled the anti reversal latch on the bevel gear to release it and reassembled and now when i pull the trigger it just clicks and i feel a little movement from motor. What should i do to troubleshoot it further the battery was charged. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by FIFO; 02-25-2015 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:43 PM

Hoss is a Private
Maybe the motor is too long or you have it set too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2015, 11:35 PM

FIFO is a Private
I used the same motor that was with the gearbox so it shouldnt be too long But i did try to adjust it out some and its still doing the same thing. Thanks for the suggestion though. I checked the anti reverse lever again to make sure there was no tension against it and there wasnt could the gearbox still be locked up? I dont have a stronger battery and dont have the money to get one to try and unlock it that way is there another way?
Old 02-26-2015, 12:35 AM

cj93 is a Private
Your battery is most likely the problem, and if you cant get a better one then this is likely to keep happening.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Make sure you haven't reversed the wires on the motor. The clicking you hear May be the motor spinning the wrong way and engaging the AR latch.
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:25 PM

FIFO is a Private
Well i finally got it unlocked and got it firing but it kept seizing so. Turns out the spur gear had a missing tooth

Tags
gearbox, motor, troubleshooting

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: