Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:59 AM

marine10108 is a Private
Hey silly question but will there be any electrical plugs to charge batteries?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
No silly questions guys. There will be no outlets available so make sure you have everything you need charged and ready.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:51 PM

P y r o is a Private
Its worth mentioning that you're going to want boots / gloves that are slightly big for winter outdoors activities.

The reason being, you're probably going to have a few layers of socks / gloves on. If your outer layer, being your boots or outer pair of gloves, is too small, then its going to put pressure on your inner layers and end up constricting warm blood flow through your hands and feet. The end result is cold fingers and toes.

Plan accordingly. If you're buying new boots this winter, get them a half size up so you can wear extra (wool) socks without your boots being too tight. Same with gloves; Get loose ones so you can wear insulating layers underneath them.

As has been said before, being warm is going to be the key to both having fun and actually being able to do something at this event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
LOLKWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:21 PM

Sunmix is a Private
I recommend to use chemical warming insoles and bushes into gloves. It works 5-7 hours and allow to play without discomfort. For clothes players can to use two-layer clothes, upper layer must to provide defence of wind and air layerbetween upper and lower clothes. Lower layer must to be like thermal protection underwear, and piece of care mate on the buttock. Usually it will enough for cold weather on -10 degrees Celsium scale. High danger with overheating a body, and perspiration. When the game the player dont feel cold, but when he stops, he will freeze. Also, i recommend to players bring additional dry socks and boots. Dry foots more important then dry body.

Keep yourself
------------
I against drugs. I remind that it is forbid to use them and furthermore to extend
-------------
Sorry for my bad English.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:50 AM

aBod22 is a Private
Wearing multi layers of socks is the worst thing you could do. Blisters and frozen feet is all you'll achieve with multiple layers of socks. As the air between your socks freeze so does your little piggies!
Old 01-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
Really? My feet were toasty warm all of Artimus with two pairs of wool boot socks.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 01-10-2014, 04:28 PM

P y r o is a Private
The meaning of that post might have been misconstrued.

It's commonly accepted that wearing a base layer of thin, synthetic socks (Preferably made from a wicking material) underneath a larger, wool layer will help keep your feet warm. The first layer keeps moisture off of your skin and the second layer actually adds insulation to keep your feet from freezing. The air pocket between them can act as insulation as well, in the same way as a double-pane window.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:58 PM

AustintownTy is a Private
"This will be a clash of civilizations. The Free Wadiyan Army will not stand idly by as the American pigs with the help of the NATO rats attempt to handcuff our beautiful nation for a profit. This cannot stand. The United States has made a clear declaration of war on the people of Wadiya. This is a mistake and we will crush you when you come to face us. You will not see us in the trees, you will not hear us on the ground, you will only feel the coldness of deaths grasp."

Too much maybe?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:09 PM

P y r o is a Private
To the potential rebels and Russians:

We still have a bunch of command spots and other roles open. Available are:
- CO
- XO
- 2x Platoon leaders
- 2x Squad leaders
- 2x Medics
- 2x Mortar Crew

If you're interested in a command position or other role, please let me know.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:

Last edited by P y r o; 01-11-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:09 PM

viper is a Private
I am going to bring up something EXTREMELY important. This event is going to be cold. Dangerously cold. If you are ill prepared that part on all waivers that includes "death" this can be real. I am not here to scared you but to make sure you understand cold weather is to be taken extremely seriously. If you are not prepared you WILL not step foot on the field. I promise you this.

We WILL inspect EVERY persons cold weather gear and sleeping. If we feel you will get cold and not make it you will not set foot on the field.

You should spend a night outdoors before this event to make sure your equipment will keep you safe and warm.

Also, please take note, there is not building to go hide in by the heater and get warm. When you step foot on the field, keeping warm is up to you, this means keep moving to stay warm but don't work so hard you start sweating because then you will freeze.

You all need to have probably a dozen pairs of socks, at least two pairs of boots, two or three pairs of pants, and many shirts and jackets. If you get wet for whatever reason, you NEED to have something dry to change into. A key to warmth is staying dry.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:40 AM

Sunmix is a Private
2 EOs
First aid when freeze
1. Do not remove clothes, boots and gloves from the place of freeze without emergency.
2. To provide warming cover to place of freeze
3. HOT sweet tea, hot meal
4. When deep freeze - immobilization of injured, warm cover. In emergency lifesaver can to warm him by own body (firmly pull over to the injured, a warm blanket to hide)
5. No rubdown, salve, alcohol inside.
------------
I against drugs. I remind that it is forbid to use them and furthermore to extend
-------------
Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited by Sunmix; 01-12-2014 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 PM

P y r o is a Private
IMPORTANT:

After much deliberation, we have decided to restrict all rifles [AEG's and GBBR's] to semi-automatic fire only.

The reasoning behind this is to increase the value of SAW's, which are still allowed to fire automatically, obviously. Additionally, it will help players conserve ammo (riflemen are restricted to 8 midcaps at one time), and more accurately reflect the ROE and mindset present in an actual conflict. Players will also be more likely to choose their shots wisely, knowing that the "spray and pray" crutch isn't an option.

Burst fire will not count as semi-automatic fire.

As stated, SAW's will still be able to use fully automatic fire. FPS restrictions will remain the same, even with this new rule. Only rifles with full auto mechanically disabled will be allowed to surpass the 400 FPS mark, as explained in the rulebook.

Thank you.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 01-15-2014, 12:39 AM

So, just to clear things up because I have not yet received the rules for the game, you are forcing us to modify our guns by mechanically disabling the full auto function on our rifles?
Old 01-15-2014, 12:43 AM

Nevermind. I now see that is for rifles that surpass 400 fps
Old 01-15-2014, 01:00 AM

JMDECC is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustintownTy View Post
So, just to clear things up because I have not yet received the rules for the game, you are forcing us to modify our guns by mechanically disabling the full auto function on our rifles?
No, it simply means that your selector switch may only be on "SAFE" and "SINGLE". You may not at any time move the selector switch to "AUTO" unless of course you are using a support weapon (SAW, 240B, PKM, etc)
Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 AM

P y r o is a Private
Your rifle can still physically fire on auto, you just can't do so at the game. It has to stay on semi.

Unless, like JMDECC said, you want to go over 400 FPS with your DMR. Then it has to be mechanically disabled.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 01-15-2014, 01:48 PM

The Jaybird is a Private
Okay, question:

If our squad's support gun is an RPK-74M, and shoots under 400, can we use Full-Auto on it?
Old 01-15-2014, 01:51 PM

Bronco is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by P y r o View Post
IMPORTANT:

As stated, SAW's will still be able to use fully automatic fire. FPS restrictions will remain the same, even with this new rule. Only rifles with full auto mechanically disabled will be allowed to surpass the 400 FPS mark, as explained in the rulebook.

Thank you.
Here you go.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:56 PM

The Jaybird is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
Here you go.
Let me rephrase that. Do you count an RPK as a Support Gun?
Old 01-15-2014, 02:38 PM

P y r o is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jaybird View Post
Let me rephrase that. Do you count an RPK as a Support Gun?
From the first post on the first page:

Quote:
Weapons:
 Rifles: AK47 variants, AK74 variants, anything that takes AK mags. Please no western accessories unless its an accurate modern FSB AK. AS-VAL, VSS.
LMG's: RPK
 MMG's: PKM, RPD
 Handgun: T-33, Makarov
 Snipers: SVD

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 01-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
Any update on roster and squad layout?

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 01-15-2014, 08:52 PM

The Jaybird is a Private
SOKOL is registered, rocked, and ready-to-go. Can't wait to see you all out there (even the US guys ).
Old 01-15-2014, 10:38 PM

P y r o is a Private
Notice:

We're a little behind on registration emails due to having to go through OOBI, but we should be caught up and be able to send out player packs to all registered players by tomorrow night. Keep your eyes open.

Thank you for your patience.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 01-18-2014, 02:04 PM

P y r o is a Private
Registration emails and player packs are out to everyone who paid before 1/17/14. Squad leaders, feel free to disseminate the info to your team members once they have registered.

Emails were sent to the address provided upon registration.

Thanks.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 01-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
I would encourage everyone to put on your gear and just set outside for half an hour or so. If you can stay warm, you might not die at the event.

Also, I haven't seen too many packing lists, offer them up to see if they are good to go or help someone else out by remembering that important piece of kit.

Dont forget a waterproof bag to hold sleeping bags and extra clothes. If you are wet, its probable that your gear is too. You can even use a trash bag in a pench. If the items get wet though, make sure to dry them before you put them back in the bag.

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS

Tags
#kmartartemis, #russianbutthurt, actual milsim, allahu potat, bb war heroes, capitalism and democracy, cold, davai, fake jeeps, hato in ground, hato must die, i/g, many realism, midwest, milsim, much walking, nato stronk, panda is a sex monster, printer needs a tag, pyro loves panda, remove kebab, such milsim

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: