Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Private Snowball is a Private
Valley Creek Open Play AAR

Ok, being my first game back in over a month, I had a blast. So much fun was had. MACE had a huge turnout to this event. Great game, it was confusing at times and felt as though some scenarios just kept dragging on and on but were still fun. I'm happy that after some tech help from Spectre and Tick earlier in the week helped bring my King Arms build back into working order. I got to use it all day today and was really pleased with what I have done to it. I felt the game started to fall apart in the last scenario when we witnessed 20+ green leave the field in the second scenario. Nonetheless, I had a wonderful time and hope that there are more Valley Creek games in the future as I love this field. I hope to see those pictures up soon! Those that were photographers at the event, please! Link us those pictures!

Past events, Red Dragon open (STACC, SPEAR, SWORD), Op. Braaaaaains, Op. Gecko, Op. Iron Harvest, Op. Mud balls, Op. Dark Horizons, Op. Centaur Strike, Op. Spider Web, Dark Horizons prequel (05/05/12), Op. Crucible, OLCMSS Northern Light III, OP. Quick and Dirty, Calamityville inaugural open, OP. Frozen Sepulcher.
Future events:
Op. Nomad, Op. Blackgate, OLCMSS Northern Light IV
Old 09-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

HammerHead is a Recruit Private
Last game before i head of to Japan for a few years. It was good one. Had a fun time playing with Spec and Cowboy. all in all it was a good day. Thanks Stormblade
Old 09-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Lenahan is a Recruit Private
I had fun. The first scenario was fun, I enjoyed it. The second scenario my plan was to shoot anything. When Tan lead the big push through the ammo dump was awesome! I went through all my mags and was begging for a buddy mag. Over all it was fun. I did walk off the field early. I finally put my ICS through a game and it didn't brake! I also ran new gear and I'm pleased that I bought it. Really nice day to play Airsoft. Great sportsmanship! The photographers, some of you got really good pictures of me! Can't wait to see them! Fantastic game, can't wait till the next one.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 PM

P y r o is a Private
First off, thanks to Nightwolf, Stormblade, and the owners of VC for putting on the event.

The first scenario was a mix of good and bad, but not the EO's fault. It started off with Tan defending the crate city, and then being overwhelmed by Spear and the Green team until we were stuck in the corner, by the bunker. Evilhead, we literally had no where to go. When our squad walked along the top edge of the field to respawn at another location, we saw green had us completely surrounded. So we spawned in what looked like a clear zone, then immediately got killed by some green lurking in the woods.

After that, we camped at the wooden bunker on the hill by the field. We saw a bogie in the woods...

"GREEN OR TAN"
- Silence -
"GREEN OR FREAKING TAN"
"Green."
- 16 guns firing simultaneously -

Whoever that was, I am truly sorry. But it was funny.

Then we moved down to the woodline by the hill, and took out a couple green who were lurking in the field. Soon we saw a column of green moving along the woodline across from us, and knew we had to rejoin the rest of the team. Me, BigRed, Winter, and Metal weren't going to be able to fight the 10+ green on the other side.

Solution? Yell "YOLO" and sprint across the field towards friendlies as fast as you can.

After that, we went into the woods and promptly got FA'd in the face. Whatever, stuff happens. But I'd prefer if you used semi when you can't see what you're shooting at. Then green takes the box, and we sprint after them... And get shot more. So I shoot my grenades and head to lunch.

That was it for my VC experience, I had to leave after lunch. It was nice seeing everyone, I had a good time.

Thanks to Red for the Striker-issue bb's. I bet they're worth something...

Sticks, nice to meet you. I can't wait to see the body shots.

Winter, nice to see you too. You need to go to more games with us.

Of course, MACE and Co., its always a pleasure. Pipo, the Spanish exchange student, was fun to bring along.

Again, thanks to everyone who made the event possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
LOLKWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:14 PM

MGD is a Private
Great event guys I had a lot of fun. It was my first time at VC and I must say for the size of the field I like it a lot.

All day I just kept going out of my own to hit the enemy from behind and did it quite well. During the second half was fun I just camped in a spot out side Tans base and would occasionally shoot at any one that came out. Didnt want to draw to much attention to where I was so I didnt fire a whole lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by P y r o View Post
After that, we camped at the wooden bunker on the hill by the field. We saw a bogie in the woods...

"GREEN OR TAN"
- Silence -
"GREEN OR FREAKING TAN"
"Green."
- 16 guns firing simultaneously -

Whoever that was, I am truly sorry. But it was funny.
Yeah you shot the guy I was with and you guys weren't laughing any more when I started shoot you and nailed you guys repeatedly and I think one guy 2 or 3 times. Man it took you guys for ever to find me; I think over 15min. Oh and I heard every word you guys said... I love bringing back intel to friendly leaders

Ops: Intervention, Dark Horizon, Moonlight 1&2, Crucible, Tomahawk, BlackGate

Im the commander of the men in black pajamas! LONG LIVE IAC!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 PM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
As always Stormblade it's a blast to play at VC. Thanks again for all your hard work and time. My only suggestion is to not make players carry that huge crate. That thing was a beast and the guys lugging it looked like they were going to die afterwards.

We ran 5 GoPro cameras out there today and I'm now sorting through about 25 hours of video. I will do my best to get them up soon. The first one should be on our channel later tonight.
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:01 PM

Scarecrow is a Private
Stormblade thanks for a great day of airsoft, the first scenario was really good plenty of trigger time and target rich environment. The second half of the day was a little confusing, but then again when is anything simple? But it was a great day to play thanks again Stormblade.
SPEAR, always a pleasure seeing and fighting with you guys.
Stonewall, Cowboy and anyone i forgot (do to being EXHAUSTED) the pleasure was mine in getting to fight along side you.

Scarecrow passing out

"We're indigenous, we cant learn ****!" -Scorpion
Old 09-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
This was probably the best weekend I've had in a long time. Had a lot of fun hanging out with friends, old and new alike.

Four of the photographers were myself (iphone), Sticks, Clark, and Henry. The pictures that Clark, Sticks and myself took are all with Sticks and will be worked on and uploaded by him. No word from Henry/skizzy on how his pics will be posted. Be patient, I know for a fact I took several hundred alone.

Pyro, you're welcome.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:04 AM

AppleJackson is a Private
Hadn't been out in forever, and had a ton of fun. Great to meet all of you, and I hope I can be coming out to games more often from now on.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:04 AM

sdk1968 is a Private
we had a great time running in a squad with Stonewall and Standinman & thanks to them for having us!

field was excellent, good parking, great cover, easy terrain, well organized, professionally handled at sign ins, waivers & chrono!

good game and the first half was pretty well flawless for airsoft. weather was perfect. hit calling was good. plenty of shooting once we got underway.

second half was a typical second half.. shorter tempers, less hit calling... but still a good outing and lots of shooting going on.

looking forward to another game there next year. :-)

"Builders helping Builders"
Old 09-10-2012, 07:38 AM

OverLord is a Private
Ok, heres my AAR.

First off thanks stormblade for hosting another great event.

The day started off pretty usual. The first scenario was clear enough but, after no more than 20 minutes it turned into a huge cluster f***. As pyro stated we tan (outnumbered as usual by about 2 to 1) had literally no where to go. We got pinned against the back corner of the map and couldnt respawn. We got yelled at by several green who were getting tired of having live and dead mixed in. Look, if your going to push us all the way to the edge of the map, you might as well expect this. You pushed us past your objective and into a corner. If you dont give us somewhere to spawn thats your problem, we will respawn in the most action free area possible. As stated, we walked all over the map trying to find a place to spawn in and we never truly found an area that was action free to spawn in.
Admins, you might want to possibly create designated safe zones for respawn purposes. I think that would work much better than having people just spawn where ever. it clearly played into one teams advantage.

Another huge issue i noted was when people push. I will not explicitly state names but let me say this in general. when you push you are NOT invincible, you are not a juggernaut, you do scare people so much that they miss. Take a freaking hit whether you put a bunch of effort into your push or not. People just continued to run through a wall of bbs and keep going. This goes back to the whole if you think your hit you probably are. When you are charging through the open against a half dozen plus live players chances are someone hit you. Bronco and I lit into a group of green attempting to take the shallow bunker in the first scenario. We each put down no less than 60 rounds into a group of green no less than 20 feet apart. Only 2 of the 6-10 called out.

Lesson to take from this, when you run, your not a juggernaut. Im sure this happened on both sides, I just found stuff like this particularly irritating. Every time we lost objectives it was to a large push in which the above issue was happening.

2nd scenario

2nd scenario was great. I decided to run one of my new WE gas scars and since i only had 96 rounds (3 mags) I decided to volunteer for CO dude which is something I usually hate. Gents, I couldn't have asked for better team mates, Everything I asked of you you accomplished, Everyone gave 100% and to my knowledge we crushed the enemy. I know no one wants to listen to some kid but thanks for bearing with me and making my job enjoyable. AWOL and QRF thanks for keeping me informed and up to date on what was happening on the front, everyone else, great job too. Green, despite some confusion and other issues which need not be mentioned, thanks for providing me with a challenging opposition.

Only thing I would suggest to change for that scenario was the putting objectives back into play thing. Neither side wants to give the other team objectives back. Therefore, both sides kept their objectives on someone near the hq safe zones. I remember being addressed by some green at the end of the game. Our objectives dudes were just out of our 300 foot safety zone for the majority of the time. They would cycle back down to exchange objectives with other players and to get orders from me. However, they did move up out of our zone into a area we had previously cleared. They never remained at the base and were still technically in play. If i was supposed to have them at the front I apologize, I had several high importance objectives that i simply couldnt risk. To my knowlege green did the same thing with the kill switch that we needed. It never went far from the green safe zone and we never found the guy with it, even after most of green left.

My suggestion to the EO's, either take them out of play or create multiple objectives out of them. neither team wanted to risk giving up points and therefore, there were no objectives that changed hands other than the red dynamite.

All in all, pretty solid day.

MACE as usual great day and thanks. Winter, nice to meet you, red stop furiously batin' we dont need broken bones, Matt nice to finally see you again man.

Edit: Yes Pyro, having Pipo (foreign exchange student from spain) was a blast. Everything went smoothly and he didnt get into too much trouble. To my knowledge, despite never doing anything like that before, he had fun.
Nick, yes we did have a HUGE turnout. 11 MACE and 5 tag alongs. I figured it would turn into a cluster flop but we actually maintained the squad pretty well. kudos to you guys for surpassing my expectations yet again.

Bronco- All tan be advised, the demolition guy is Italian, I repeat he is Italian." To which Blade replies, "I dont care if he's italian, Im French-Canadian, i want to know where he is."

Raven95- It's official, Overlord just looks awesome. Don't ask me why, he just does.

Last edited by OverLord; 09-10-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 AM

Son of Liberty is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Son of Liberty Send a message via Yahoo to Son of Liberty
I had a good time, it was great to run with my SPEAR brothers again. Nightwolf, AWOL thanks for hosting again, I've missed you. As usual thanks to Doug and his family for their fantastic hospitality, we all owe them a huge thank you for their work!

Greenfor- listen kiddos, if you're in a firefight don't just sit there and take shots, you have to move and fight aggressively. Or else you'll lose momentum, get bogged down and start taking casualties. Fire and maneuver!

Tanfor- Good job putting up some stiff resistance yesterday. On a side note there was a decent amount of confusion regarding your HQ in the 2nd half, I know we irritated a lot of you when we attacked your FOB without really realizing it was a weapons free zone. Oops!

Like always, a few issues with hits, I know for one I got hit and didn't realize it, sorry Carbon! But people you aren't firing a real rifle and your gun probably doesn't shoot as straight/accurate/long as you may think. Give people the benefit of the doubt, we'd do the same for you!

Love you guys, can't wait for the next one.
Warning: My vagina is big enough to swallow your self-esteem. Read my comments with caution.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:22 AM

WhiteRook is a Private
Hadn't been out to an Airsoft Event all year

Great one to come back too! Loved having a lot of SPEAR team members out for a good day of airsoft, really miss you guys.

Also great to see many old friends that I've not seen in a year or two.

Again, Carl you do a great job running an event, always know I'm in for a good time when your hosting.

Whiterook.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 AM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
First video is up.

http://youtu.be/atM6_KVocbo?hd=1
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:05 AM

Winter is a Private
Had a great time yesterday. Mace you guys are great an defintley want to run with you guys more! First scenario was a lot of trigger time but it was great. Whoever jumped over that bunker that was ****ing awesome. Pyro and Bred. Our yolo charge was legit. I know I shot one member of spear after they were dead. Sorry about that. I lost a m93r mag if anyone has it let me know. Over all a great day with a lot of good people. Overlord it was nice to meet you and the rest of mace. Will defintley be back to valley creek. Thank you storm blade for hosting an AWESOME event. AWOL thanks for the mg36 tips!
Quote:
(21:09:09) Agent_Spencer: If I had a dollar for every time I saw Duo chloroform a gal at a bar, I'd have half as many dollars as I would if I had one for every time I saw CTU punch a woman and drag her off.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:11 AM

Teddy Bear is a Recruit Private
twas awesome, thank thee.

When I grow old and tired, I want to move to Scotland to see the Penguins and live where the Palm Trees grow.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:22 AM

AWOL is a Private
Man, all I can say is, what a day! The weather was perfect, the games had plenty of challenges and my body is screaming at me today. I didnt help plan the games and I tip my hat to Nightwolf and Titan. There were a few, " fog of war" moments, but that's to be expected.

I didn't see any issues in sportsmanship, but I did hear a few calling others out. Some of you called others out in a rather colorful way at that. Let's refrain from that in the future. Instead go with my strategy of, just keep shooting. Eve if they never call it, at least they'll know you tried ;-).

As for the back, it freaking hurts today. But that'll pass soon. I just look forward to the next one

Old 09-10-2012, 11:51 AM

Clone is a Private
Other than losing my keys I had a great time. Thanks again to whoever found them I never did catch your name, but you really save my *** big time. I thought the first mission went pretty well and enjoyed the trigger time. Also other have said the second was some what confusing, but whoever said that war was straight forward with a clear enemy or objective.
Thanks to StormBlade for hosting hope to attend anymore you hive this year.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:30 PM

BigRed2014 has been Court Martialled
Holding place for more detailed AAR to come. Was a fun day. Winter, you are a sexy beast and your sign in my car made my day. Kellis, thanks for letting everyone borrow your stuff.

Last edited by BigRed2014; 09-10-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Kellis posted random letters
Old 09-10-2012, 12:49 PM

sticks is a Private
Here are the pics from my cannon. Still sifting through the ones on my iPhone. I can only take credit for the ones from the morning. I was playing in the afternoon so clark headed out with my camera.

http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...reek%209-9-12/

Great game guys. Thanks to Stormblade for putting this on.

sticks
Old 09-10-2012, 03:49 PM

Ark is a Private
This was my first game in about a month, it was definitely worth it. I was running with Regan and Peyton. It was really fun to get out and play more objective games. Hope to make it to Valley Creek again soon, it was only a 45 minute drive! Nice field, nice people.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:45 PM

Clark is a Recruit Private
Send a message via Skype™ to Clark
My photos start at #115 in that album, if you noticed me taking pictures of you and don't want to sift through 200 pictures.

To Rocket; MOAR OR-G'S ASAP!
To Nightwolf; You're a genius, thanks again for fixing my gun
To The rest of Bladestorm; You guys are great, thanks for hosting!

Being my first time ever shooting pictures with a DSLR I must say, I had a blast. I liked getting right up in the action taking pictures when you guys were so focused on what was happening you didn't notice a camera 2 ft from your face. Gettin dat true emotion, naw meen?

See you all at the next one!
(20:17:00) Fox: I like to find issues, then choke the **** out of them

Last edited by Clark; 09-10-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 PM
What plants crave

2 videos up.

http://youtu.be/atM6_KVocbo?hd=1 Part 1
http://youtu.be/WiBEoddMG6E?hd=1 Part 2

Old 09-10-2012, 06:46 PM

Reserve is a Private
Must Say it was a good day yesterday. First time playing in 9 months! Before lunch was very fun except for the fact tan had completely no where to spawn. As people say it in COD, "WE KEPT GETTING SPAWN KILLED!" after lunch was much more fun with the safe zones for each HQ. Comms worked great for Tan. Whoever was on the far side of the playing area in the forest next to the field, great ambush and battle! It got a little confusing at times after lunch but over all still had a great day. We were blessed for great weather. Can't wait for the next VC.

[SIGPIC]
Noobs run backward repeatedly
OverLord- Move up or I will shoot you myself. WE DO NOT RETREAT!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM
What plants crave

http://youtu.be/sT1aRa11Y_4?hd=1

This is where I get knocked on my A** by Torque when he tries to rescue me. Then he drags us into a fence.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: