Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 03-27-2012, 02:35 AM

Drifter is a Private
Intro from Drifter

My name is Drifter, I am a 21 year old female, I am currently working in retail sales (Menards), and I am a student at the University Of Cincinnati studying Vet Med and Business. I started really getting involved in airsoft here recently thanks to my boyfriend Tiimelord and meeting some awesome people at 321. I am very interested in the SCAR models, but haven't been able to obtain a gun yet, but I have some great friends that are generous with theirs. I still have a lot to learn about different styles of guns, so any helpful advice is welcomed.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:30 AM

Torque is a Private
Welcome to AO!

My advice is to ignore any juvenile male antics that hopefully won't occur in this thread.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 AM

Vinvyin is a Private
UC! My brother and I are currently attending UC (Freshman). I still have yet to meet Tiimelord but eventually I will. Glad to see there are more people from UC getting involved in this sport.

I'm not the kind of person to lead a club, but if more people from here get interested, I may give it a shot.

*EDIT* If you ever go to any events and need a loaner, I always have an extra gun (or 3...) and there are many generous people at events. The best thing about this sport is all the honor that goes into it.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Last edited by Vinvyin; 03-27-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 AM

Badger is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
My name is Drifter, I am a 21 year old female, I am currently working in retail sales (Menards), and I am a student at the University Of Cincinnati studying Vet Med and Business. I started really getting involved in airsoft here recently thanks to my boyfriend Tiimelord and meeting some awesome people at 321. I am very interested in the SCAR models, but haven't been able to obtain a gun yet, but I have some great friends that are generous with theirs. I still have a lot to learn about different styles of guns, so any helpful advice is welcomed.
Oi, it's you. Should we take this as a sign that you'll be taking fewer pictures and slinging more bbs?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Carbon is Currently being Court Martialled
Finally getting out of taking pictures eh? Well welcome to AO. If you're intrested in SCARs, there are many different branches to them, first you want to think if you want a gas blowback rifle, or Automatic electric guns, it isn't whether one is better than the other, its just preference, gas blowbacks supply realism like some kick when you fire, or the bolt launches back after each shot, then locks back when you are out of ammo, some drawbacks are they are generally more expensive, you have to reload gas after each mag and mags are usually 30-40 bucks a piece, plus gbbs require maintnence.

For AEGs they require batterys to opperate, you can get many more mags for cheaper and much more shots out of your rifle before you switch batterys and are generally more inexpencive along with the mags.

For GBB SCARS the only brand I know about is WE:

For AEGs I know are; Echo 1, Classic Army, G&G, VFC and I think that list is by price also.

For SCAR variants, there are many to choose from,

The SCAR-L varients are lighter (hense the name SCAR-Light.) Uses M4 type mags, and usually has a shorter barrel, and has a top rail for optics, and a bottom, left, and right rail for accessories.

The SCAR-H Uses proprietary mags, is longer in length and is heavier.

There are also DMR varients that allow longer shooting, but I do not know too much about them,

You can also put EGLMS on your SCARS, the EGLM is the SCARS grenade launcher.

I hope this helped, and feel free to PM anyone on further questions.
-Carbon
Old 03-27-2012, 08:38 AM

Drifter is a Private
@Torque - hopefully the male pop can be cool, i run with some protective guys- maybe youve heard of them - like Legion, and maybe say Alliance in general, not to mention my friends on S.P.E.A.R. but yea, I might be female, but that doesn't mean I cant play like the guys.

@Vinvyin - indeed! i have actually been considering running it by the dean, tho I wouldve def needed Tiimelord's help because - well, people are going to see that Im a girl and assume the worst. lol. but thats pretty cool, Im a third year myself there. look forward to meeting you sometime

@Badger - yes fewer pictures, but im not going to stop altogether, I get too much of a good response from them, considering I see my pics all over the place related to Airsoft. Plus I have to save up for my own gun, cant be a begger all the time you know - haha.

@Carbon - *insert reply to Badger here* - and yes, thank you, most helpful. I have heard good and bad about a few interests I have gun-wise, and I appreciate your honest opinion.

@ general feed, yes, I am the general photographer, no I'm not going to completely stop taking pics, and for those of you who were at red dragon this month, the good feedback, I thank you, but the rumored bad feed back, I would appreciate not being called rude things, and if you dont like the camera around - then why do you pose for me? lol
Old 03-27-2012, 10:08 AM

Vinvyin is a Private
You forgot Dboys makes a SCAR (MK16). They are the cheapest, but they have know to have problems (I have owned one).
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 AM

stonewall is a Private
not even honey badger...........................awwww shucks

Retreat!!..........HELL!!......
"CRY Havoc"......"And Let Slip The Dogs of WAR!"
"Every time history repeats itself; The price of the lesson goes up."
" The Almighty tells me he can get me outta this mess....but he's pretty sure your F@#ked"
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 AM

Wrath the Furious is a Private
Greetings Drifter, it's nice to see more people from UC. You guys should make a club. If you do, I am sure you could find enough people to start up in your area. I have a best friend who used to be on my airsoft squad, before we all split up and went to college. He's at UC and I have been trying to get him back into playing, so I would send him your way. Anyway, I am also 21 and the Vice President of the OSU Airsoft Club. For being new to the forums, it is clear that you have some understanding of Airsoft on a broad scale, and know some basics of the game. I am sure that will serve you well here. Perhaps we will meet on the battlefield.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:14 PM

CRASH_TF330 GUNSLINGERS is a Private
Welcome to AO Drifter!!! I hope your experience is rewarding. You'll meet some cool people on here. Have fun.

TF 330 GUNSLINGERS
TEAM LEADER
Old 03-27-2012, 12:17 PM

Italian is a Recruit Private
But the question is,

DO YOU DRIFT?
Old 03-27-2012, 02:30 PM

Drifter is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewall View Post
not even honey badger...........................awwww shucks
nope sorry stonewall. :P
Old 03-27-2012, 02:32 PM

Tiimelord is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvyin View Post
UC! My brother and I are currently attending UC (Freshman). I still have yet to meet Tiimelord but eventually I will.
On the contrary, my friend, you already have Remember Dark Horizon? I believe it was you who came to sit next to an innocent looking civilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian View Post
But the question is,

DO YOU DRIFT?
Lol trolls be trollin'. And yes, she does. Unfortunately just not how you think. Haha
~ Ephesians 6:10-20 ~
OP: Threshold. OP: Crucible. OP: Dark Horizon. OP: Sidewinder (OOBI) OP: Crucible III (OOBI)

Check out my YouTube Channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TiiMELORDHD

Proud transexual... And loves Rowdy.
Rowdy loves you too fil

Last edited by Tiimelord; 03-27-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:32 PM

Drifter is a Private
Quote:
But the question is,

DO YOU DRIFT?

actually i kinda do. lol. not in the right kind of car, but look at it in a different sense of the word.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiimelord View Post
On the contrary, my friend, you already have Remember Dark Horizon? I believe it was you who came to sit next to an innocent looking civilian
OH YA!! I remember now! Best part of the event for me. That was amazing I must say.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Utah goat rapist

Rowdy is a Private First Class
Welcome to AO, I think Phil introduced you to me at Red Dragon. Hopefully I'll see you on the field soon too!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:42 PM

Rogeta is a Private
I saw The juvenile remarks comment and had to delete and try again multiple times before having an adequate post. Haha nah I'm kidding, welcome to the forums!
Get them all! Have a Pharm party! Get so hard that you'll be able to **** locks out of doors and punch holes in walls with your very own pork sword. And why do you need Aspirin? Hard ons give ya headaches?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
actually i kinda do. lol. not in the right kind of car, but look at it in a different sense of the word.
Im riding with you two next time we all go to chipotle.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2012, 09:03 PM

tx582 is a Private
Well welcome to AO I met timelord at my first valley creek event and have talked to him prior to event so ye welcome look forward to playing with you and timelord

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
Old 03-27-2012, 09:55 PM

Drifter is a Private
Quote:

most people are terrified when they ride with me - lol
Old 03-27-2012, 09:56 PM

Drifter is a Private
thanks for all the welcoming, i feel special
Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
most people are terrified when they ride with me - lol
I like terror.

Its spices up my days.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Quote:
I like terror.

Its spices up my days.
It also stunts your growth...OH CRAP! This boy has been terrorized since the day he was born!!!

Welcome to AO Drifter! It's refreshing to have another of the opposite gender slinging plastic! Especially when they tag one of the 'haters' and they go off on a rant and mope around because they were tagged 'by a girl'. hehe. Love it!
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 PM

Drifter is a Private
lol. trolls be trolling. hahaha. and there's been a few times where i was the only female on the field at all. but
Old 03-28-2012, 12:19 PM

Tiimelord is a Private
Quote:

Shotgun. (filler) +1 for Chipotle.
~ Ephesians 6:10-20 ~
OP: Threshold. OP: Crucible. OP: Dark Horizon. OP: Sidewinder (OOBI) OP: Crucible III (OOBI)

Check out my YouTube Channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TiiMELORDHD

Proud transexual... And loves Rowdy.
Rowdy loves you too fil

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: