Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM

Klown5ive is a Private
good enough dmr?

So a couple months back i decided to go get some upgrade parts from airsoft arms.
Well upgrades included:
systema 120 spring
systema super high torque gears
src high torque motor
systema super core piston
solid metal bushings
metal spring guide
couple sets of shims
Modify ported piston head
and a steel cylinder head.

Now my objective here was to get a gun that would balance out right around 400-450 fps. But after tryin to build my first gearbox ever you could imagine that i underestimated how hard it was to do unless you know exactly Wat your doing. So after about 2 weeks trying, reading up on how tos and what not i got bored and took it all up to airsoftarms. I got impatient after about three months and just went and got it back.

Now the problem lies here, the pinion head on the high torque src motor is bigger then the ones that came with the systema gears. So ofcourse i changed them out an tried to put the motor inside. An just a buzzing noise came out!!! What is this madness?why is it doing this? There is a set screw hole in the pinion gear but i don't have it. I lost between here and there.

My question is, is this little tiny Allen key screw really interfereing with my project?
Would my g&g raider v2 gb either hold all this power without cracking?
Would this be a successful dmr now that i have a 6.03 tbb in it?

Thanks in advance for all the info/opinions you guys throw up here.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:05 PM

Desert-Fox is a Private
Just go to the hardware store with the pinion gear and find a set screw that sits. I'm guessing that the buzzing noise is the motor just spinning because the pinion isn't meshing with the gears.

I could be wrong, but it seems logical...
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Old 01-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
What gun is this stuff going in?

Also a systema m120 spring usually puts you at 380-400fps. If you under 18, you cant use anything over 400fps. So if you arent, just enjoy full auto.

You might have the motor too hi or low and that allen screw is on there for a reason.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 01-02-2012, 05:37 PM

Klown5ive is a Private
The upgrades are all goin into a g&g raider listed above, also i test the motor before i put it in the gearbox to make sure it sounds right, the buzzing is alot louder then Wat it should be. Kinda like a grinding sound.
Yes im well over 18 lol, i was told that a 120 would put me up at around 400 fps
i originally got a 150 spring but from me doin my homework, it doesn't seem like a v2 could handle it.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:43 PM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
If you were able to remove and replace the pinion gear on the motor armature without the use of a gear-puller, then it should be pretty obvious that the motor would free-spin inside the shaft of the pinion gear. You need that set-screw. That systema M120, as stang said, will only put you at a max 400FPS with a non-ported cylinder. A Madbull M120 will put you in the 430 range however. An M130 will get you in the 450 range.

You didn't need half that stuff... The stock G&G gears are fine for higher ROF builds and you could have run the stock piston, cylinder and cylinder head until they broke. The only thing that you should have invested in for a DMR build was a better airnozzle, a tightbore barrel and a hopup packing with the correct degree of "hardness" for the FPS you want. Most of the DMR tweeking is in compression and hopup work that you have to tinker with along the way. The V2 gearbox can handle a decent amount of stress, but you want to soften the blow of each piston stroke with some sorbothane pads.

Last edited by Spectre; 01-02-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
For a G&G stock gearbox a 150 would not last long, but then again I am running an m140 in a classic army gearbox with no problems.

Make sure you disable full auto too.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 01-02-2012, 05:54 PM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79stang View Post
For a G&G stock gearbox a 150 would not last long, but then again I am running an m140 in a classic army gearbox with no problems.
I've seen some G&G V2's with their front ends blown clean off recently, but these are from people who admit to being heavy on full auto. Guys have been using G&G gearboxes for DMR builds for a while now.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:01 PM

Klown5ive is a Private
Well that's the thing the cylinder head is ported, as listed above, in order to get the pinion gear off i put the pinion inside a vice an lightly hammered down on it. An eventually the gear came off with no damage to the motor or shaft itself. My original plan was just a mean rifle, but i wanted to put together a dmr guess ill do that with my other m4.

Tags
epic, g&g, gearbox, raider, systema

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: