Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-06-2009, 10:47 AM

BIRDSTRIKE is a Recruit Private
All I know is it is going to sucks (more then it did before) to have an Arab sounding name in the military for a long time. I feel bad for not only the victims, but all the servicemen and women who will have to deal with the discriminatory fallout from this guy's actions.

And for the terrorism angle, if fox news is not calling it terrorism, then it probably is not terrorism (just my two cents).

Last edited by BIRDSTRIKE; 11-06-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: I can haz grammerz
Old 11-06-2009, 11:43 AM

Thor is a Recruit Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Thor Send a message via Skype™ to Thor
This is unfortunate, and I'm very sorry for all the families of those lost. However it's not surprising. I have been noticing more and more since before i deployed; there has been an increase in violent crimes on military bases. The MP's and CID really need to start cracking down on security and what not. This doesn't surprise me, infact it's a pretty normal thing for somewhere like ft. lewis or bragg.

Quote:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein
Old 11-06-2009, 03:53 PM

Kilo11 is a Private
God bless all the victims

"Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing."
Old 11-06-2009, 11:32 PM

mac50 is a Private
Of course Fox News isn't calling it terrorism, neither is any other news source I wouldn't call Fox the best source either in view of their biased opinions. .The question is, does it fit the definition , as correctly provided by Urban Marine, or not.
Did he legally shoot anyone? No therefore the unlawful use of violence is met
Was it used against people? Yes
Was it used against a government? yes
Was it a result of political or ideological beliefs Yes
So IMHO it does indeed meet the definition of terrorism. I'm not necessarily calling it terrorism. All I'm saying, it meets the definition
Old 11-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Quote:
Was it used against a government? yes
Was it a result of political or ideological beliefs Yes
Did I miss something here?
I know I am not very good with that kind of stuff but please explain how it was used against the government. I mean yes, it is on a US base but to say it is against the government itself, I am not sure. As far as political and ideological, I did hear that he was saying religious stuff when he shot people but other than that, nothing to say say he did it for his religion or political party. IMO, it is more about "I told you I did not want to go there, here is what happens" kinda guy than anything else but then again, I did not get any updates regarding the incident since lunch today.

Mac50, tell me more please.

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 11-06-2009, 11:57 PM

Karma is a Private
He's arguing semantics to try and save face.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:49 AM

NegSpace is a Private
Send a message via AIM to NegSpace
Quite honestly, by that definition, I can think of plenty of MP's who would be considered "terrorists."

Range Safety: Shooting the Recruit before he shoots you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikers blade
Actually, I would say Diet Mt. Dew, it is lighter to carry around since it is Diet.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:50 AM

Panda is a Private
I don't think he was trying to intimidate anyone just went on a massacre, no ideological or political reasons. You know the news, somehow they will link this to drugs...
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 11-07-2009, 07:07 AM

mac50 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikers_blade View Post
Did I miss something here?
I know I am not very good with that kind of stuff but please explain how it was used against the government. I mean yes, it is on a US base but to say it is against the government itself, I am not sure. As far as political and ideological, I did hear that he was saying religious stuff when he shot people but other than that, nothing to say say he did it for his religion or political party. IMO, it is more about "I told you I did not want to go there, here is what happens" kinda guy than anything else but then again, I did not get any updates regarding the incident since lunch today.

Mac50, tell me more please.
No problem. He didn't want to go to Iraq, which was the last time I knew a government sponsored trip/policy/action. Victims were government employees. He didn't beleive Muslims should kill Muslims, which is one of the tenets of their religion
Furthermore, in the last several days, he had been giving away his posessions and saying goodbyes.
The definition doesn't say religeous or political party. It says ideologicaL or political beliefs.
If he did it for one of his religeous beliefs ( as previously stated) then it fits
Old 11-07-2009, 08:55 AM

Yankee316 is a Private
What I dont get was why refused to go. Its not like he had a combat arms mos, he wouldnt be killing anybody, he would be doing the samething he did at Walter Reed which is helping soldiers when they came back from deployment. If it was a religious or political issue then why did he join the U.S Army in the first place!!

What about these other two suspects in custody? The news hasn't been saying anything about them.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:55 AM

H.O.S.68 is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to H.O.S.68
As some of you know I have a buddy at Ft Hood, It took almost 8 hours to find out his status. He is fine and he posted this on our yahoo group page...."We lost a total of 2 in 1St Cav. 1BCT and 2BCT. There were a total two wounded also from 1BCT and 3BCT. One was already released and the other is still in critical condition. That soldier was shot 3 times, once in the head. They are doing surgery to remove the bullet from the soldiers head.
This has been an unbelievable couple of days....tragic is putting it lightly."
As of the 8am news a government source said that the shooter had been reprimanded several times for argueing with his patients over their tours in Iraq. One would think that this behavior would have been a flag to his superiors ast to his fitness to discharge his duties as a shrink. IMHO I feel this situation was made worse by political correctness. But I could be wrong.(As I am often reminded by my wife)
Old 11-08-2009, 08:37 AM

mac50 is a Private
Other 2 suspects were released a few hours after the shooting. The shooter had been under watch for the last several months. Guess somebody dropped the ball on that one
Old 11-08-2009, 10:03 AM

snipe is a Private
Send a message via AIM to snipe
Bad thing to happen to brothers in arms. All the bases the other day had a moment of silence supposedly in all of the US. See i cant beleive it was someone like that and not an IET soldier. Thats what i thought it was when i first heard about the incident because in basic the first week there we were handed M16s and carried them until the last week we were there. Even some soldiers in AIT carry M16s the whole time. Now i just hope Ft. Gordon doesnt get locked down or security heightened!
Old 11-08-2009, 11:00 PM

coltonblaze is a Recruit Private
Does anyone know why no one had a gun there to take care of this Hassan guy earlier... like before he hurt and killed so many people?
Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 PM

mac50 is a Private
Not being in the Army, but as I understand it , it is usual practice only to be issued arms when you are going to the range or on maneuvars. Otherwise they are locked up in the armory to prevent such a thing happening.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:28 AM

Titan is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltonblaze View Post
Does anyone know why no one had a gun there to take care of this Hassan guy earlier... like before he hurt and killed so many people?
Contrary to popular belief not everyone on an army base walks around with a gun. Only MP's or other LEO's are allowed to carry on base, and concealed carry is illegal.
(00:51:16) TDG: I did not like when one went off too soon and dumped its load into the back of my head from inches away
Quote:
(16:52:35) AWOL: Titan, you looking for a Casual Encounter again?
(16:52:46) CaineHazen: that's excately what I want tits....
Old 11-09-2009, 02:08 AM

Dougrich is a Recruit Private
My hopes and prays go out to the families of soldiers who were murdered or injured.

Now, from what I've heard on the news is that major bat SH@@ crazy (MAJ. Malik Nadal Hasan) was going to go to Iraq. He was a Muslim and didn't quite like the idea.

Now, if you recall from back in 2003 when we first went into Iraq there was a similar incident in Kuwait. The 101st was hit by a lone gunman who was Muslim and didn't like the idea of going into Iraq.

I'm not trying to paint them as animals or anything, but sadly in this day and age it's not as farfetched or uncommon for these types of acts to happen. Do I know if he was a radical Islamic supporter...NO..Do I know much about him other than though the tube or internet...NO...thus we can't really speculate on him that much until there's been a thorough investigation.

My only concern as of now goes to the dead and injured, but I will say that I hope he gets what he deserves.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:31 PM

Blackeagles Delta is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Blackeagles Delta
more up to date info is on the current info is on the newest Down Range Radio podcast http://www.downrange.tv/radio/134.htm. Heres one link given on this podcast http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtop...Skip+Gochenour
Check it out sometime

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: