Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 03-12-2008, 01:03 AM

Disposable Soldier is a CorporalDisposable Soldier is a CorporalDisposable Soldier is a Corporal
MG36: Attention Field Owners/Organizers

Allright, a while ago, I got permission from a moderator to do this, I just haven't got around to it.
And I've searched and I'm fully aware that there have been many other threads pertaining to MG36s, just not one to my knowledge that will go into the direction that I'm about to aim towards.

This thread will be mainly for field owners/ORGANIZERS to participate in.

Here is the question:
For those field owners out there,
What are your qualifications for an MG36 to be used as a support weapon at your field?

For instance:
Field: Memory Lake
MG36 permitted?: Yes
Requirements: G36 (long variant) Bipod, Cmag
Other external mods allowed: Anything that can be done to a real MG36

So, since I allow the MG36, Someone must have a G36 (not a G36C or a G36K) with a bipod and C-Mag, and they are allowed to modify the carry handle, buttstock, and other things. Note that I do not require the special optics that are often found on the MG36.

For instance. If you wish to have a MG36, you could even do the following:
G36 with bipod attached.
C-Mag
RIS carry handle (like one found on a G36C)
Full butt stock to carry a larger battery in butt stock

Now, to the part that others can do.
Field owners/organizers: Please post here with your requirements that are needed for a MG36 to be permitted at your field, and if it even is permitted at your field.
This should all in all settle the arguments, or help to do so, pertaining to the MG36. People will be able to look here and find out if the field they are attending permits such weapon.
Other AO members: Post here with questions for the field owners, but only if needed. PLEASE DO NOT turn this into an argument. The sole purpose of this thread is to find out if you can take your MG36 to "X" field.

If I find needed, I would do so for the RPK, but that one is pretty self explanatory as far as I'm concerned. Field owners/organizers, please feel welcome to include the RPK in your description if you wish.

EDIT: Conners brought to my attention, "but most feild owners dont know beans about airsoft". So, I edited it to say Field owners/ ORGANIZERS. This thread pertains to those that set the rules for these things at events that they frequently hold.

Last edited by Disposable Soldier; 03-12-2008 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Edit note
Old 03-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Masakatsu Agatsu

India is a Private First ClassIndia is a Private First Class
I think your target audience should be event planners rather than field owners.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:21 AM

Disposable Soldier is a CorporalDisposable Soldier is a CorporalDisposable Soldier is a Corporal
I do understand that, but in previous discussions pertaining to this specific support weapon, it has wound up being a tug-of-war on the subject between players, and when the field owner already has his/her mind set on what they will allow, wouldn't it be the best thing to just find out what their requirements are before we get into a large discussion that would wind up like every other one?
I do understand your concern though, and if you have a suggestion of how to go about it that way, please add your input.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: