Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-17-2007, 07:58 PM

Airsofter From Hell is a Recruit Private
OP: Frozen Hell.... Dec. 29th & 30th

When hell freezes over.....

It's still cold, bitter, and devastating.... There will be defeat. There will be loss. There will be pain. There will be sacrifice. Only the toughest dare come. Only the strongest, and most strategic will survive. Are you tough enough to brave the cold for two days? Do you have the curly's on your chest, and curly's elsewhere to stay warm and not freeze?

A two day game, rain, snow, or shine. December 29-30. It will be held on land at Three Rivers Paintball that's been played by NOONE. There is no advantage. It will come down to you securing intel, and how you play the game.

18+ with waiver. Anyone Under 18 will need signed consent by parent or guardian. 15$ Pre Reg (Paypal Prefered. If other method needed contact me via PM.) PRE-REG CLOSES DECEMBER 1ST! 20$ day of game. Smoke and grenades approved. We will provide food. Bring water. There will be gatorade on sale, as well as other airsoft necesseties.

Camping will be together next to the TRP proshop. We will have access to bathrooms, running water, and power.

We will update with more info shortly. The game types will be a little bit of everything.

You can arrive friday night on the 28th if you'd like. There will be some pick up games that will utilize the areas we won't be able to play during the day.

These games will not have affect on the score as the "OP" doesn't start until the morning.

You DO NOT have to camp, However it adds to the comraderie, and the game. Weather you camp or not you still same the price. You also pay the same price weather you're there for both days or not. You may sleep in your vehicle if you'd like. Ask around about extra room in tents. Alot of people are usually willing to let you crash in their tent.

There are 2 raffles confirmed, thanks to COOL STUFF and Amped Airsoft. Were also doing a 50/50.

Also the one food item we are trying to work out is WINGS
. We're also trying to get some other goodies as well.

ALSO Even though it will be after the holidays, I'd still like to do a food drive at this game as well. People aren't in need just during the holiday's. I'm going to set up a donation box for NON-PERISHABLE item's only. Please join us in helping for a good cause!

For more information visit: http://www.pittsburghfoodbank.org/do...nate_food.aspx
More to be updated soon!

We have alot of good things instore for this game. Any questions PM Me.

Were still debating uniform requirements. We're looking for Squad Leaders, if youre interested PM me.

We have about 40-50 potential people for this op already as of 11/17.

GPS Coordinates: LAT : 40.701637 LONG: -80.165849

From the Pittsburgh International Airport:
Exit Airport on to Parkway East (to Pittsburgh)
Follow signs to I-79 North
Take I-79 North to Exit 78 Mars-Cranberry.
Drive West on Rt. 228, 1 Block to Rt.19.
Drive North on Rt. 19 for 1/2 mile;
Make a left on Rochester Road. (at traffic light)
Drive 3.5 miles. Entrance on left.

From the NORTH:
Take I-79 South to Exit 78 Mars-Cranberry.
Drive north on Rt. 19 for 1/2 mile.
Make left onto Rochester Road (at traffic light)

From the SOUTH:
Follow I-79 North to Exit 78 Mars-Cranberry.
Drive West on 228, for 1 Block to Rt.19.
Drive North on Rt. 19 for 1/2 mile.
or
Take I-70 North to PA Turnpike (I-76)
Take PA Turnpike (I-76) West to Exit #28 Cranberry
Make left on Rt.19 North, drive 1.5 miles;

BACK

From the EAST:
Take I-80 West to I-79
Take I-79 South to Exit 78.
Make left onto Rochester Road (at traffic light)
or
Take PA Turnpike (I-76) West to Exit #28 Cranberry
Bear to right at first ramp split toward "Warrendale-Cranberry"
Bear left on next ramp split to traffic light.

From the WEST:
Take PA Turnpike (I-76) East to Exit #28 Cranberry
or
Take I-70 East to I-79 North
Take I-79 North to Exit 78 Mars-Cranberry.

http://www.trpaintball.com/location.htm

Three Rivers Paintball Park, 282 Rochester Road, Freedom, PA 15042

FPS Engagement Rules:

Under 400fps has a 10' engagement limit.
400-430fps has a 50' engagement limit.
430-450fps has a 75' engagement limit.
450+ (Bolt Action and Semi Auto Only) 100' engagement limit.

Max allowance of FPS is 550fps

[b]
Safety Rules.

I.Safety

* Every player MUST wear full seal goggles that meet or exceed ANSI Standards!! NO EXCEPTONS!!!
o Paintball masks are an option but are not required.
o Mesh goggles will be permitted provided they undergo a field test before a game begins.
* Every airsoft weapon MUST have a barrel cover secured on the end of the barrel while in the staging area. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
o A barrel cover or barrel “condom,” as it is mostly referred to as, is a nylon cover that slips over the front end of the barrel. It is held in place by an elastic string that is pulled and secured somewhere towards the back of the airsoft rifle.
o The barrel cover prevents any accidental misfires hitting another player unexpectedly while in a non-game situation. With a barrel cover players greatly reduce the risk being shot while in the staging area. Accidental firing of airsoft weapons without a barrel cover can lead to serious injuries including permanent blindness or even death.
o Barrel covers can be bought at all W.P.A.L. hosted games.
+ Barrel covers are not required for pistols. Pistols should be holstered at all time unless firing in a designated area or for reloading/maintenance purposes.
* Extra protection such as knee pads, elbow pads, footwear for proper ankle support, and mouth guards are all optional but are strongly encouraged.
* No one shall be permitted at anytime at any WPA event to carry a firearm loaded or unloaded, concealed or open carried onto the field, staging areas, or any other area pertaining to the airsoft event.Each field owner or operator can make any determination beyond the preceeding rule. If the field rules state no firearms on the property, that means no firearms on the property, period.

II.Staging Area

* The staging area is a designated area on or off the field for pre-game actions. Eating, drinking, “gearing up” for the next game, etc. are done here without the worry of being shot by an opponent. It is a place to relax before the game gets started.
* The player’s goggles do not have to stay on while in the staging area.
* Barrel covers MUSTbe on at all times while in the staging area!!
* A firing range will be set up near the staging area for hop-up and/or sighting purposes.
o Barrel covers MUST STAY ON until the player/shooter is facing down-range, away from all cars and other players. Once in position, the player/shooter can then remove the barrel cover and proceed to fire down-range. Once the player/shooter is done firing, the barrel cover must be put back on IMMEDIATELY!!!
* Merchandise tables/tents can be set up in the staging area for businesses or players to sell weapons, equipment, accessories, etc.

III.Briefings

* Briefings will occur in the staging area at the beginning of each event. Safety rules will be gone over and safety checks will be performed during this time.
* Game briefings will also occur during this time.
o Game briefings include any scenario discussion, scoring system, time limits, etc.
* Rules for games are talked about at this time as well.
o The W.P.A.L. has universal rules for certain aspects of the game.
+ Weapon Safety Off the field
+ Firing Weapon Off the Field
+ Medic Class (5 knot system)
+ Team Recognition (Arm Bands)
+ Post-hit situation and recognition (Dead Rag)
+ Team spawn point/base recognition (Flags)

IV.Game Situation

* While a game is in progress, all players MUST have their full-seal goggles on AT ALL TIMES!!
o If for any reason a player has to remove their goggles (cracked lens, fogging, broken strap, etc.), the player must put their dead rag on their head (dead rags will be gone over in the staging area) and enter the staging area before removing their goggles. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
o After the player replaces their goggles or repairs their goggle problem their goggles must be put back on IMMEDIATELY and with their dead rag placed back on top of their heads, the player MUST proceed to their team’s main base. Once there, the player may take his/her dead rag off and enter the game again.

FIRST AID AND MEDIC RULES

every player is given a length of white rope tied with five knots. This represents his first-aid kit and should be placed in a pocket or pouch. Any player may render basic first-aid, although a downed player may not render first-aid on himself.

Any event participant (including an enemy team-member) may go to a downed player, pull out player's first-aid kit and go to work. The five knots must be untied at this time (they may not be untied in advance) and the rope is tied around the downed player's arm. He is now considered "walking wounded." He may re-enter the combat or becomes a POW if an enemy player treated him.

If shot a second time, while wearing the white "wounded" rope, the player is considered killed. He calls himself out and returns to the Main area.

Each squad has one medic. A medic may provide advanced first aid on walking wounded by taking off the wound rope, retying the five knots, and giving it back to the player. ONLY A MEDIC CAN RETIE THE KNOTS. The wounded player is now considered full restored to health. If a team's medic is the first one to reach a downed player, the player may be fully restored ONLY if the medic takes out the player's wound rope, unties all five knots, reties all five knots and then gives the cord back. If a medic is killed, another player may not "become" the team medic. The team is out of luck until the medic re-enters game play from the staging area. Medics cannot treat themselves. They must find another squad's medic and have that medic "treat" them.

MOVING THE WOUNDED
Until they have been given first-aid, the downed player remains where he lies. A downed player may be "carried" by one or more active players to a safer location for treatment. One player placing his hand on the downed soldier's shoulder represents a carry. They may move at a walk but neither player may fire. If two players put hands on a downed soldier's shoulders, this represents a two-man carry. The three players may move at a brisk jog and the carrying players may fire one-handed.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: