Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-03-2014, 02:52 PM

RyeBread is a Private
Anderson Power Poles

Hi, it's been a while, hasn't it?

I haven't had much time for airsoft lately. Like for the whole past year.

A lot of that time was devoted instead to my robotics team. We made the switch from tamiya connectors to Anderson Power Poles last year, and robotics-life has been awesome ever since.

I believe most of you guys use Deans connectors for your AEGs. I have very little experience with those, so I can't make a true comparison between the two types of connectors.

All that aside, I've used APP's for a year. Mostly in robotics, but for some personal projects as well. They're sturdy, easy to disconnect, and last for thousands of uses. The leads are recessed, so there's little chance of accidentally shorting a battery out. No soldering is required, but I would recommend it. However, APP's are bigger than Deans, which could limit their use in many situations.

Does anyone else have any experience with APP's in the airsoft world? Maybe they're worth looking into.
Ask me about fuel droplet combustion in microgravity, I dare you.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:32 PM

203 is a Recruit Private
I'm not sure the point in switching to APP's… If you had a choice from APP's and Deans, I would pick deans. Deans do just the same as APP's but if my battery flies out of my stock, I'm pretty confident that my wire will not break off from the deans connector since its soldered on. I switched to deans because I melted my tymia connectors together when i switched over to lipos and I didn't know about APP's at the time

Tags
anderson, battery, connectors, electronics, wiring

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: