Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 09-29-2010, 08:55 PM

Jeimuzu is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Jeimuzu
Wa m4 gbb

ok well I was looking around and I heard WE was banned...sorry if someone told me that here...dont remember that much Anyways, does this mean WA is too? I see places where you can still buy WA things like Evike and others. I seen afew places where they were selling body kits for them (over seas) but if I was to somehow order the frame, would it be seized? If so its stupid to sell those parts if the airsoft rifle is banned in the States.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:21 AM

"FFI" Airsoft is a Private
WE isnt "banned" I ordered a WE 416 a month or so ago and recieved it and various of my friends have ordered and recieved them. airsoftextreme still sells then and blowback armory.

the ATF has a problem with them because the lower reciever can accept a RS upper/buffer/and trigger group, allowing it to fire a .223/5.56.

THEY ARE NOT BANNED. THAT IS ONLY A RUMOR AT THIS TIME.

Daniel defense M4
Old 10-09-2010, 09:12 AM

Scrapper is a Recruit Private
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rEuT...layer_embedded

Gunsmith's words:

* The WE TTI M4′s lack any sort of functional gas tube which is integral to an AR15′s operation
* The upper receiver of an AR15 fits onto the lower of the WE TTI M4
* The stock trigger pack in the WE TTI cannot strike the firing pin of a AR15 bolt
* The body of the WE TTI lower is several mils thinner than an AR15 lower, and shims would be needed for any AR trigger pack to work
* The trigger pack of an AR15 appears to be able to fit onto the lower receiver of a WE TTI M4, one of the AR15 trigger pack retaining pins is impossible to insert without major modification, and the hammer isn’t operable with the WE TTI lower.

They're not banned. Airsoft retailers thrive on authenticity, but none of their parts would be able to withstand a live round.

EDIT: ATF has "tested" them and confirms they will fire real .223 rounds but they are unwilling to give away the proof. Still though, not banned. Buy away.

You probably heard this when the ATF was first confronted with the WE CQB, which they "confirmed" can fire .223 rounds, they then proceeded to confiscate other airsoft replicas such as glocks and m9's which is completely outrageous to say you could convert a pistol into a real steel gun.

Last edited by Scrapper; 10-09-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:50 PM

Jeimuzu is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Jeimuzu
Intersting...thanks guys...I heard from WE that they cannot sell any M16's to the US due to the ATF crap. that was from WE themselves.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:42 PM

thats hokus pokus BS. I bought the 416 from them, my friend chris bought thier cqbr and my friend matt bought the m4a1.

as of right now they can and are still being sold and shipped into the u.s. now the only problem is trades. so they just cover them in tape or glop

Daniel defense M4
Old 10-11-2010, 01:29 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fox is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Fox Send a message via MSN to Fox Send a message via Yahoo to Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by "FFI" Airsoft View Post
thats hokus pokus BS. I bought the 416 from them, my friend chris bought thier cqbr and my friend matt bought the m4a1.

as of right now they can and are still being sold and shipped into the u.s. now the only problem is trades. so they just cover them in tape or glop
Wrong.

ATF can actually make up rules as it goes. One of the few gov't agencies that can, since it has little over sight.

The exact problem with the WE guns is simply called the 80% rule, if it's 80% like a firearm, then it can be considered one. The fact you can simply plop a real upper on a WE gun (working or not) on the lower, makes it 80%. The other issue, since it's not written into law, the ATF can make up on the fly what an 80% gun is or isn't.

So before you go talking, please know something about real firearms and the ATF. Saying it's a bunch of BS is a fantastic way to get yourself in huge trouble.

Team Leader, 08th Expeditionary Unit
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." ~ Lao Tzu
Old 10-11-2010, 11:32 AM

I know a lot about real firearms. And you are wrong, you can't just " plop" a real upper on a we rifle, the holes for locking pins don't align and the lower doesn't have enough space got a RS upper.

Daniel defense M4

Last edited by "FFI" Airsoft; 10-11-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:26 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fox is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Fox Send a message via MSN to Fox Send a message via Yahoo to Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by "FFI" Airsoft View Post
I know a lot about real firearms. And you are wrong, you can't just " plop" a real upper on a we rifle, the holes for locking pins don't align and the lower doesn't have enough space got a RS upper.

So... you just completely missed the point of my my entire post and made a completely useless reply.

Did you catch any part of of where I said 80% receivers and ATF laws? I assume since you "know a lot about real firearms" you know what an 80% receiver is, and if you followed the firearm industry at all, their recent uh.. 'conflicts' with the ATF and gray area.

So, look what you just said. With a simple drill bit, you could make the holes align. You could make the lower fit. Would it 'work'? I don't know, you don't know. If it works for even ONE shot, it's under the ATF. See what I'm getting at here? Chances are, you could make it work for just one shot. Which then, even with just one shot, the gun would be considered an NFA item with under a 16 inch barrel. Then, you went from 'trouble' to 'deep ****.'

Again, please stop giving false information on ATF laws. The ATF doesn't need to show their proof that it can fire just one round until you take it to court. Then they would need to demonstrate it. It's the same reason why fake suppressors had issues, why multiple large distributors have had shipments taken, etc. I'm also going to pull the 'experience' card on this one, having gone through the initial work to get an FFL. The ATF works in a lot of mysterious ways that are simply not explained. Especially when it comes to NFA items. They get reaallly curious and picky about NFA items.

Team Leader, 08th Expeditionary Unit
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." ~ Lao Tzu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: