Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
Site update (event approvals, classifieds, etc)

Gents,

I am aware that the events are not being approved very quickly. Super mods have access to event sections and will approve them on a semi-regular basis. I just found my access. If you post an event and it's short notice (1 week or so), shoot me a PM and let me know. I will approve event postings as I can. If your event is scheduled 2-3 months from now, please do not bombard supermods with PMs rushing us to approve your event.

We are also working on re-vamping the classifieds section to resolve the bumping issues and rule loopholes. All moderators agree, we need to reform the rules a bit and modify the posting abilities of the classifieds. This change was agreed upon a little bit ago and we are working on it.

If you have any Qs, or site suggestions, please let us know. I would love user feedback.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 AM

IRONMAN is a Private
I have a suggestion for the classifieds. I personally like how Red-Alliance does theirs.

-Create 2 subsections, one for "Want to Buy" and the other "Want to sell." This makes the classified sections much more organized and less clustered instead of having both put into the same section.

-Make it rule that an OP can only bump their thread if it moves to the 2nd page. There's no need to bump a thread a few posts up if it's still on the first page.

Just some ideas..
Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 AM

Firefox is a Private
Perhaps making the classifieds a separate entity like on m4carbine.net or arfcom?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:15 AM

Flenner is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Flenner Send a message via Skype™ to Flenner
Sounds like there are still going to be problems either way. For example, the three day bump rule is a great rule for only the AEG thread. It just seems like everyone posts all of their sh*t in that thread because it is the most looked at. (For example, my "sale" thread originally had an AEG in it, but now it does not and doesn't fit the criteria.)

Maybe these would suffice. Gas/Spring/AEG/Gear/Misc/Super Sales

I like the WTB/WTS idea IRONMAN posted, as well as the second page rule, but there's normally an issue I see with that on ASM if we were to categorize these. We can only do one, or the other (or else the Classifieds become too vague and difficult to navigate through) We're still dealing with kids who don't know how to read, anyways. I normally get the most offers and PM's when the thread is the top 5 on the AEG thread.

My suggestion to adding the sale category seems "legit", but I also think there should be a mandatory thread read and either a 90 day member/100 post limit before able to post. (obviously subject to change)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Thus marketh the only time anyone hath used the search feature on AO
in 2Tall's basement doing things

Last edited by Flenner; 11-16-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: because racecar
Old 11-16-2012, 10:26 AM

zing is a Private
have you seen the bst in pb nation. they have a bump button. it bumps your thread up every 4 hours. so you can't post to bump the thread. we could increase the time to say? 12 hours?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 AM

Flenner is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Flenner Send a message via Skype™ to Flenner
Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
have you seen the bst in pb nation. they have a bump button. it bumps your thread up every 4 hours. so you can't post to bump the thread. we could increase the time to say? 12 hours?
The bump time is every 72 hours. Frequently, I just say 3 days and bump then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Thus marketh the only time anyone hath used the search feature on AO
in 2Tall's basement doing things
Old 11-16-2012, 10:49 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fox is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Fox Send a message via MSN to Fox Send a message via Yahoo to Fox
Having a bump every 4 /12 hours just makes it a sheer spam fest. We've had that before with no bump rules at all. It turns into 'who spends more time infront of AO."

We already have a 60 day waiting period for new members before they can use the classifieds. Thus, all the 'wts' threads in different areas, which are promptly deleted and I get hate mail.

As for super mods and events - we CAN post events - however, please let it go in due time. It will happen, don't ask 15 minutes after your event was posted for us to okay it. If it has been a week, or two weeks - then let us know. (Red, Myself or Locutus are the only ones that can do it.)

Team Leader, 08th Expeditionary Unit
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." ~ Lao Tzu
Old 11-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Highroller

mr_kong is a Private First Classmr_kong is a Private First Class
Yeah no kidding. MiA's BST forum is annoying as hell with their 24 hour bump limit. My thread gets buried fast and I only update once a week.

I honestly wouldn't mind IRONMAN's recommendation.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Pro Communitus

We are keeping the 72 hour rule. Adding more rules just makes things more confusing and difficult. We are trying to keep it simple. We are going to make it so ONLY the original poster/thread author can post in the classifieds threads (not just a rule, but actually editing the forum permissions). This will solve the problem.

Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming. like the ideas.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Stephen Hawking

Swimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant Major
Honestly, a "welching" rule like on AR15 would be nice.

Example: I am interested in this item, what PP can I send it too?
-You send them the information and the deal never goes through
-Leads to much aggravation, possibly even passing over interested serious buyers

This could lead to infractions.

Just my .02
Old 11-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Pro Communitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timnis View Post
Honestly, a "welching" rule like on AR15 would be nice.

Example: I am interested in this item, what PP can I send it too?
-You send them the information and the deal never goes through
-Leads to much aggravation, possibly even passing over interested serious buyers

This could lead to infractions.

Just my .02
iTrader for that.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Banned

ghosteater4 is a Private
^ Agreed, don't know how many money offers and trades I've given. I was never replied to or told they was willing to trade and tried to set up a time and meeting place, only to have the gun trade or sold out from underneath me. :/ and of course when asking for a reply or ask why it was traded/sold without any information that's what happened. I of course get an infraction for sending a message with a little sarcasim in it. "Thanks for responding" anyways don't post unless your willing to actually commit to a sell, even when someone is willing to give you close to the amount of $ or trade you ask for!!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 PM
The Real Arms Dealer with the Fake Mustache

Agent Spencer is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Agent Spencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosteater4 View Post
^ Agreed, don't know how many money offers and trades I've given. I was never replied to or told they was willing to trade and tried to set up a time and meeting place, only to have the gun trade or sold out from underneath me. :/ and of course when asking for a reply or ask why it was traded/sold without any information that's what happened. I of course get an infraction for sending a message with a little sarcasim in it. "Thanks for responding" anyways don't post unless your willing to actually commit to a sell, even when someone is willing to give you close to the amount of $ or trade you ask for!!!!
No, you got an infraction for making a useless post, and I didn't infract you for making double posts prior to that. All of which could have very easily been managed via Private Message.

Users get the same email for PM's as they do thread responses. The concept of publicly creating a scene because you cannot seem to handle communication in private serves only to clutter the forum and create issues.

Thanks,
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Banned

ghosteater4 is a Private
So posting a gun for sale, but the person isn't willing to even talk about making deals when offered money or trade isn't a waste of a post??? Let alone answering questions about the gun?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Pro Communitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spencer View Post
Users get the same email for PM's as they do thread responses. The concept of publicly creating a scene because you cannot seem to handle communication in private serves only to clutter the forum and create issues. Thanks,

This, A THOUSAND times over. I cannot think of a single time where I went "I'm going to ignore my PMs and just check my sales thread instead."

Quote:
So posting a gun for sale, but the person isn't willing to even talk about making deals when offered money or trade isn't a waste of a post??? Let alone answering questions about the gun?
I really can't understand what you're saying. Can you rephrase the question? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I just think you mistyped something.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
So posting a gun for sale, but the person isn't willing to even talk about make deals when offered money or trade isn't a waste of a post???
This is classic stuff for PM. I will not discuss the matter in this thread further and will remove these posts shortly.

Bottom line is, a seller can post and choose to do business as discriminate or indiscriminately as he so chooses. While it may not be supremely courteous, it's still the sellers perogative.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Banned

ghosteater4 is a Private
I PM'd the guy/ quick posted on the classfied thread and another on classfieds forums site asking questions about the gun. I also offered money and trade to the guy. I'm saying if your going to post about a gun, but not willing to answer questions or willing to talk about making a deal then it's a useless post. So why have the post up if your not willing to talk about what your selling. So by me posting a sarcastic "thanks for responding" to the guy since no other logic message I sent the guy seemed to work, I somehow end up with a infraction for a "useless" post. Me=confused
Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I PM'd the guy/ quick posted on the classfied thread and another on classfieds forums site asking questions about the gun. I also offered money and trade to the guy. I'm saying if your going to post about a gun, but not willing to answer questions or willing to talk about making a deal then it's a useless post. So why have the post up if your not willing to talk about what your selling. So by me posting a sarcastic "thanks for responding" to the guy since no other logic message I sent the guy seemed to work, I somehow end up with a infraction for a "useless" post. Me=confused
This is your final warning before you get some vacation time.

The person posting the sale thread is free to do business with whomever they please and entertain or not entertain whatever offer they deem fit. It's as simple as that. You might not like their bedside manner, and not want to do business with them, but it's their choice. You made a useless post. If you'd rather I consider it a bump and not just blatantly useless, I'd be happy to issue you an infraction on that grounds. Not to mention, but the Classifieds Rules suggest/state you conduct trades via PM. Pushing this issue further here is pointless, you are free to PM me if you disagree.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Banned

ghosteater4 is a Private
Pm

Pm sent, waiting for response.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
I was doing a little looking around on other Airsoft Forums and posting some sales threads and I found this rule on Tennessee Airsoft's forum. I think it would make an amazing addition to our rules. I don't know how many times I have seen a sale thread with people posting that they will have pics up soon (me included) and never do. Or they never put up pictures. Here is their rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed1
Guys, please read and be familiar with the For Sale section rules before posting a thread. You are responsible for ensuring that your post meets the forum rules.

This especially means that For Sale posts without pictures will be removed from this section. Imageshack and other hosting sites make posting pictures easy. So we will no longer be reminding people about the requirement - no pic, no post. And no "pics will be up later" posts. If you don't have a pic, then do not post until you do.

Also, please note the rule about putting extraneous comments in that clutter other people's threads or needlessly posting "PM sent." These will likewise be removed.

Thanks, and happy selling!
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: