Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 09-16-2007, 03:18 PM

me7111 is a Recruit Private
public park?

we have this public park real close to where we live and we've played there a bunch of times. once a police officer came over and wanted to know what was going on. we are legally aloud to play here as long as we keep it to ourselve. its a great place. would anybody be intrested in this place?
Old 09-16-2007, 03:22 PM

Sims is a Private First Class
In my most humble opinion, playing in a public park seems like asking for trouble, regardless of whether or not it's legal. Somebody just wanders onto the field wondering what's going on and all of a sudden loses an eye.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:29 PM
The Sniper

Duo Chan is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Duo Chan Send a message via MSN to Duo Chan Send a message via Yahoo to Duo Chan
That is by far the dumbest idea I've ever heard of in my entire airsofting life... No, actually, my WHOLE life...

Public means just that, PUBLIC. PUBLIC means people with NO eye protection, possibly walking into your area of play and getting shot! Or, someone seeing people waving around assault weapons and calling the police, then SWAT responding, then one of you being a dumb-*** and getting shot, or killed...

Short and simple... FOR THE LOVE OF AIRSOFT, STOP IT!

CLICK ME!

http://google.com
Old 09-16-2007, 03:30 PM

Reaper is a Private
you know, if u could talk to the operators of the park or whoever, you may be able to reserve it as a place to play sometime

otherwise im with duo chan, that is one officer, the next might call the national guard! (exageration, but u get the point)

Old 09-16-2007, 03:35 PM

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Tanner\My Documents\My Pictures[/IMG]

if this doesnt show up i'll post it out again

but the areas circled in red are the main areas we play, yellow is where we stay out of

but yes i understand what you are sayin and we often worry about the same thing. but this would be a great starter place for a few teams that are just starting and live pretty close to this area.

the top area circled in red is about a quarter of a mile long so yes it is pretty small.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:38 PM

[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...1/untitled.jpg[/IMG]

edited on sept. 25, 2007: man i cant beleive i was stupid enough to say this... we dont play there that was just once...lol and miyagi it wasnt talkin about airsoft lol

yeah sorry guys. thanks for not neg rapin me though.

and i cant believe im in the hall of infamy!!!!!

noobs gotta start out somewhere....

Last edited by me7111; 09-25-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:41 PM

Miyagi is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Miyagi
Playing in any PUBLIC area causes the PUBLIC to become alarmed and start calling the police about "kids running around with weapons(fake or not)"

You are NOT LEGALLY ABLE TO PLAY THERE!!!! Whoever told you that is mistaken or..........

As DC said..........STOP!!!

YOUR AVATAR ISNT FUNNY EITHER

Last edited by Miyagi; 09-16-2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: add
Old 09-16-2007, 03:43 PM
The Sniper

Duo Chan is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Duo Chan Send a message via MSN to Duo Chan Send a message via Yahoo to Duo Chan
It is right along the back yard of houses, where children could be playing! Right in view of streets where people could be driving!

You should absolutely not be playing in a public park, I don't care where you stay out of. People could still wander into the area you play in.

If I ever see you playing in a place like that, I am personally coming over, taking your guns, breaking them and beating you with the pieces.

http://google.com
Old 09-16-2007, 03:47 PM

PONCHO is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to PONCHO
Does the land belong to the park, either way you still close enough to where little Jenny on the swingset is gonna go tell her mommy she sees some boys in the woods with guns. Then mommy is gonna wip out the cell and gonna load the kids up in the surburban and take off calling the cops. That avatar reminds me Columbine.

Watch the video she mentions something about in the park http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_255195928.html

Last edited by PONCHO; 09-16-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:19 PM

Iron Maiden is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Iron Maiden Send a message via Yahoo to Iron Maiden
I realize that it is hard to find a good place to play, especially if you are just starting out. I am not sure where you are at. But there ARE fields for airsofting. These places are specifically created just for our sport. They are away from the public prying eyes, no weapons are visible to the public and they are places that new players can learn respect and integrity and SAFETY. This whole situation smacks of liability and bad press. It is only a matter of time that you or one of your buds winds up in major trouble or dead. Public areas are just that PUBLIC.

Please take the time to read other posts and other threads. This has been discussed numerous times and all the negs are spelled out. The negs FAR outweigh the positives.

There is also a thread specifically for upcoming games and events. And SAFE places to play.

A strong man stands up for himself...but a stronger man stands up for others
Old 09-16-2007, 04:46 PM

Pointman is a Private
playing in parks is WAY too risky and what seems like a simple solution to a game can go wrong and trigger off a chain of events that could ban airsoft altogether...it happens.

I used to play in a "public park", actually a secluded area that was supposed to be a public park since 1976. and even after littering the area with signs saying "***CAUTION***MILITARY SIMULATION IN PROGRESS! PAINTBALL/AIRSOFT GAMES IN PROGRESS!" we still had mountain bikers ride through, disturb the game...then call the cops telling them that there were para-military groups in the woods...

It's just not a good idea.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:21 PM

Leiph is a Private
With people as ignorant as they are today towards airsoft this is the last thing we need. People tend to think their lives are endanger every time they see something that even remotely looks like a gun.

Do us all a favor and find a paintball/airsoft field.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:27 PM

Cut Throat is a Private
Instead of playing in a park you could go to Red Dragon and play there during there open plays. The next one is the 22 of this month. A lot safer and very fun
Old 09-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Interprets things far too literally....

ReverseFlank is a Private
just a note, but the lady in the video held up what appeard to be springer, then she said that replica guns today are more dangerous then they were in yester year. wow. my friends dad has an old bb gun. it shoots like 600-700 fps and shoots mettal pellets. honestly i think it is this kind of ignorance that give our sport the bad publicity we recieve. some how these people need to learn what airsoft is. even if they know what it is i would avoid playing in a park. and honestly at one point the thought of how this might be a bad idea never went through your head? if not i advise you not to attend Red Dragon. because i will be there and if you honestly lack that much common sense i do not wish to attend an event with you in which you must handle any type of fire arm. not trying to bash you. but it is a BAD idea. please do not do it again, if you love airsoft do not do it again!
RF
But why do we bother doing anything that's pointless. What would Leonardo Da Vinci have done if a management consultant forced him to run a P&L on the Mona Lisa? He'd stab the son of a ***** in the eye with a charcoal pencil. Then he'd go invent the helicopter.

[Texx] 11:14 pm: giving Loki Neg Rep is like pissing on a forest fire...sure its fun and toasty but come on

Last edited by ReverseFlank; 09-16-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: