Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 AM

Vinvyin is a Private
Difference: CA90 Sportline and Proline Reviews

So I have been looking and searching for ever to find the difference between the two guns. Finally, I decided to get them both and do it myself.

Classic Army first started making guns in 1997 and created the CA90 after about 3 years of production. It was very popular because it was a higher performance gun than the Tokyo Marui (by higher performance, I'm talking about FPS) and it was exceptionally cheaper. However, Echo1 released their P90, calling it the E90, and this put Classic Army at a loss because the E90 was cheaper and shot at a higher FPS. So in order to compete, they came out with the Classic Army CA90 Sportsline. The Sportsline edition was much cheaper and could out perform the E90.

Now on to the review.
Upper Receiver
The very first thing you notice when handling both these guns at the same time is weight. The Proline is much more realistic than the Sportsline right out of the box because of its full metal upper receiver. The Sportsline receiver is made of plastic (exceptions being the Red Dot Sight). This part can be upgraded with any compatible upper recievers that are full metal (such as the E90 upper or CA90 upper).
The Proline receiver is very sturdy, there is absolutely no wobble with it secure into the lower receiver. The Sportsline receiver is also very sturdy but is much harder to remove from the lower than in the Proline.

Lower Receiver
After removing the upper receivers from their lowers, I compared the two weight wise and both lowers are the same weight. I examined the guns externals and didn't notice any difference between the two bodies. The plate where the battery goes easily removes from both. Externally, the lower receivers are equal.

Internals
I didn't want to open the gear boxes so this part of the review is going to be about is performance (internally).

I removed the hoppups from the upper receivers and examined them closely. Both hoppups are identical and interchangeable.

The last part is firing these two guns. I used a 9.6V 1500 mAh small type battery (the same one to be exact) in both the guns and attempted to test the ROF, FPS and how loud the gun is.
ROF:
Proline - The rate of fire is excellent shooting at a total of 16 - 18 bps
Sportsline - The rate of fire was almost the same being at a total of 15 - 17 bps
FPS:
Proline- The FPS was shooting at around 365 - 375 and wasn't too consistent
Sportsline - The FPS was also shooting around 365 - 375 but was even more inconsistent
Sound:
Proline- The gun is LOUD. Nothing else much to say there
Sportsline - The gun is equally as loud when firing

Conclusion
Both the Proline and the Sportsline CA90's are great guns. They both are very close in performance but lack the quiet of the TM P90.

Proline has a full metal upper and slightly better internals than the Sportsline.
When purchasing,
Proline: A cost of around $250 the gun comes with one high cap and also a mock silencer but no battery (not a big deal). Some stores also include a stock extended barrel that you can use with the silencer to give it that added distance.
Sportsline: A cost of $175 the gun comes with a high cap and a battery/charger set and a pair of safety glasses! (YES!)

As stated I have tested everything out. If anyone would like me to test something I may have missed or would like to add something, feel free to PM me or post here.
I hope this helps people with their purchase of their own CA90 Sportsline/Proline.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Last edited by Vinvyin; 01-17-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:30 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
I just realized I still need to do an accuracy test. The weather here isn't good enough so I'll wait for a not so windy day.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:40 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
FINALLY! Did some accuracy tests and have the results.
These tests fired on a nice day with no wind. I used .2 gram Matrix BBs and have the hop ups both adjusted as perfectly as I could get them.
I took 10 shots and will describe the grouping of these shots.
Accuracy
Proline:
50: 10 for 10 hits. All shots were perfect, on center of the target
100: 10 for 10 hits. All shots hit the paper target perfectly.
150: 7 for 10 hits. Only 7 shots hit the paper target but the other 3 hit the human sized target behind it.
200: 3 for 10 hits. Only 3 hit the paper, 2 more hit the human sized wall behind it, and the rest went who knows where.
Sportsline
50: 10 for 10. All shots hit the paper target easily. All hit the center.
100: 9 for 10. All shots hit the paper except one, but it hit the human sized target.
150: 5 for 10. 5 shots hit the paper, 4 shots hit the human sized target behind it and 1 went who knows where.
200: 1 for 10. Only 1 hit the paper, 3 hit the human sized targets and the rest missed completely.

As you can see, the accuracy of the gun starts to fall off at about 150 feet (like almost all guns) but the spread of the Sportsline was greater than that of the Proline. However, if you were doing CQB, both guns are perfectly accurate at 50 feet.

Again, I hope I have helped anyone out with deciding which CA P90 they want to buy.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
This is a very nice review. I vote sticky.

Question, from your experience with these two weapons does the sportline perform at a level that is close enough to the proline to make it the better value or is the proline still superior? This is assuming that you do not care about the body's build material.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 01-25-2012, 09:13 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79stang View Post
This is a very nice review. I vote sticky.

Question, from your experience with these two weapons does the sportline perform at a level that is close enough to the proline to make it the better value or is the proline still superior? This is assuming that you do not care about the body's build material.
Actually the body of the gun (the lower receivers) are so identical that if handed to lowers you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

But to answer your first question, I would say that if you have the money, buy the proline, because it is more realistic and better than the sportsline, but if you could only afford the sportsline, you aren't losing much but there is a slight difference.

Tags
ca90, classic army, p90, proline, sportsline

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: