View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 12:43 AM

Destroyer is a Recruit Private
Perhaps I missed it in other conversations, but what is the goal here (aside from obviously having a shiny new site)? Are you looking for new forums? Something more akin to Facebook groups? Something mostly static but with support for event advertisement and registration?

Is the goal to cater to the small group of active AO users, or are we hoping that "if we build it, they will come"?

I'm not trying to be a downer here, but depending on what you're hoping to end up with, it could be a lot of work.

I'd like to help out, but I don't think I'll be able to devote the time necessary to take it start to finish and I wouldn't feel right volunteering and then leave the team hanging because I don't have the time.

It would also be good for everyone to list what languages/frameworks they are familiar with. Sure programming is programming and frameworks are a dime a dozen, but no one is going to be as efficient if they're writing new code in an unfamiliar language.

Experience: professional senior C# ASP.NET application developer. Likely relevant experience: C#, SQL, ASP.NET (and a handful of .NET 3rd party libraries), MVC, Javascript, JQuery, Backbone.js, HTML, CSS, Windows Server, IIS. DevOps: git, SVN, Trac, NAnt, TeamCity. I've also done a very small amount of work with Linux, Apache, python.