View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 05:26 PM

rickycurrier is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem, but I can't really see how P*'s are all that differrent from other guns with respect to standard muzzle energies. Like I said, the only thing I'm aware of "creep" wise is what I've explained before in relation to pressure changes as temperature increases.
With a p* system we are able to tune how long the system blows air out the barrel, So with a .2 it is in the barrel for X amount of time say 20ms(milliseconds) when you go to a bigger bb it takes more energy to get it moving so it stays in the barrel for say 50ms. With a p* I can make the gun propel the bb for as long as it is in the barrel, so in this situation I would change my DP so that it blows air out the barrel for 51ms so the bb is always accelerating and gaining more energy. in an AEG you have a set amount of air that will comeout EVERY time it isnt going to change when you switch bbs that is why you see a bigger drop off, it reaches a point where it is no longer accelerating faster.
This is why a p* is a DMR dream, you can 100% volume match the barrel in ways that have never been possible in the past.

You can replicate these same joule creep results by taking a CQB m4 and throwing a full (#0) cylinder in it, it will push out more air resulting in the same style of creep as a p*.
^this is why discussing joule creep for just p*s is a lost cause. Anyone can replicate the same results with an AEG