View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 10:40 AM

epicfacethe3rd is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseFlank View Post
The video of the tank you linked to was used in events hosted at Red Dragon in SW Ohio years ago.

It is absolutely useless.
I was actually trying to reference to the one further down the page, but i couldn't permalink it.
instead i'll copy it directly:

--backfox-111

Re: Airsoft Tank Video
Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 02:22:50 PM
I built an airsoft equivalent of a LAV-25. It was built on top of a 8x8 ATV called an Argo Frontier. It was armed with 2 custom .30 cal that hold 4,000 rnds on a full 360' turret.

The vehicle was also amphibious. It was powered by 4 electric trolling motors in the water.

The vehicle was also extremely well built and solid. One time as I was passing an oak tree I didn't realize that my turret was turned 30' to the right. I rammed the guns so hard into the tree it spun the vehicle. The only damage that occurred was to the tree.

On top of all this, the vehicle was a blast to drive. It wasn't fast but it had serious torque. What it couldn't plow through it would climb over. It really felt like driving a tank.

The only video I have of it is at this link http://www.cimmerians.org/Motor_Pool.html Scroll half way down the motor pool to see it.

Here are some pics though.

--CapnTac

Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 05:38:56 PM
Coolest thing I've seen all week. Too bad my team could never get that serious.

While you are reading this, I'm eating your sandwich.

--Backfox-111

Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 05:03:27 AM
I'm glad you liked it.

This vehicle, by the way, was used at several Lion Claws events. In Lion Claws 3 it single handedly slaughtered an entire platoon.

One of the funniest thing about that particular incident was that we came upon 10 guys from the enemy side just casually standing in the open. Guns pointing to the ground. I stopped and told them that if you are all dead, that you can't just stand in the open and spectate. You all need to go back and reincarnate. A couple of guys replied, "Oh, we're not dead"! Now, I'm thinking, these guys must be the biggest frikken idiots at the event. Here is an armored enemy vehicle only 30 ft away. You have no cover for 50 yards. And you tell him you are live players. As soon as my gunner heard that, he spun the turret and just lit them up. They tried to run but we ran them all down. What idiots! They deserved every BB they got.

Unfortunately, she is no longer in my possession. When I bought my HMMWV, the wife said I had too many toys. So I sold it to a guy in LA.

He has made some modifications to it that unfortunately took away it's sleek look. Here are some links as to what it looks like now.
http://www.oplionclaws.com/gallery/m...2_itemId=23140
http://www.oplionclaws.com/gallery/m...2_itemId=23408

I do miss her sometimes. She was a lot of fun and a lot of good memories.

"if it doesn't work, kick it. hard."
Callsign: "Zero"