Airsoft Ohio Forums

Airsoft Ohio Forums (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=311)
-   -   Intro from Drifter (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41362)

Drifter 03-27-2012 02:35 AM

Intro from Drifter

My name is Drifter, I am a 21 year old female, I am currently working in retail sales (Menards), and I am a student at the University Of Cincinnati studying Vet Med and Business. I started really getting involved in airsoft here recently thanks to my boyfriend Tiimelord and meeting some awesome people at 321. I am very interested in the SCAR models, but haven't been able to obtain a gun yet, but I have some great friends that are generous with theirs. I still have a lot to learn about different styles of guns, so any helpful advice is welcomed. :)

Torque 03-27-2012 06:30 AM

Welcome to AO!

My advice is to ignore any juvenile male antics that hopefully won't occur in this thread. :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Vinvyin 03-27-2012 07:42 AM

UC! My brother and I are currently attending UC (Freshman). I still have yet to meet Tiimelord but eventually I will. Glad to see there are more people from UC getting involved in this sport.

I'm not the kind of person to lead a club, but if more people from here get interested, I may give it a shot.

*EDIT* If you ever go to any events and need a loaner, I always have an extra gun (or 3...) and there are many generous people at events. The best thing about this sport is all the honor that goes into it.

Badger 03-27-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drifter (Post 378259)
My name is Drifter, I am a 21 year old female, I am currently working in retail sales (Menards), and I am a student at the University Of Cincinnati studying Vet Med and Business. I started really getting involved in airsoft here recently thanks to my boyfriend Tiimelord and meeting some awesome people at 321. I am very interested in the SCAR models, but haven't been able to obtain a gun yet, but I have some great friends that are generous with theirs. I still have a lot to learn about different styles of guns, so any helpful advice is welcomed. :)

Oi, it's you. Should we take this as a sign that you'll be taking fewer pictures and slinging more bbs? ;)

Carbon 03-27-2012 07:46 AM

Finally getting out of taking pictures eh? :) Well welcome to AO. If you're intrested in SCARs, there are many different branches to them, first you want to think if you want a gas blowback rifle, or Automatic electric guns, it isn't whether one is better than the other, its just preference, gas blowbacks supply realism like some kick when you fire, or the bolt launches back after each shot, then locks back when you are out of ammo, some drawbacks are they are generally more expensive, you have to reload gas after each mag and mags are usually 30-40 bucks a piece, plus gbbs require maintnence.

For AEGs they require batterys to opperate, you can get many more mags for cheaper and much more shots out of your rifle before you switch batterys and are generally more inexpencive along with the mags.

For GBB SCARS the only brand I know about is WE:

For AEGs I know are; Echo 1, Classic Army, G&G, VFC and I think that list is by price also.

For SCAR variants, there are many to choose from,

The SCAR-L varients are lighter (hense the name SCAR-Light.) Uses M4 type mags, and usually has a shorter barrel, and has a top rail for optics, and a bottom, left, and right rail for accessories.

The SCAR-H Uses proprietary mags, is longer in length and is heavier.

There are also DMR varients that allow longer shooting, but I do not know too much about them,

You can also put EGLMS on your SCARS, the EGLM is the SCARS grenade launcher.

I hope this helped, and feel free to PM anyone on further questions.
-Carbon

Drifter 03-27-2012 08:38 AM

@Torque - hopefully the male pop can be cool, i run with some protective guys- maybe youve heard of them - like Legion, and maybe say Alliance in general, not to mention my friends on S.P.E.A.R. :) but yea, I might be female, but that doesn't mean I cant play like the guys.

@Vinvyin - indeed! i have actually been considering running it by the dean, tho I wouldve def needed Tiimelord's help because - well, people are going to see that Im a girl and assume the worst. lol. but thats pretty cool, Im a third year myself there. look forward to meeting you sometime :)

@Badger - yes fewer pictures, but im not going to stop altogether, I get too much of a good response from them, considering I see my pics all over the place related to Airsoft. Plus I have to save up for my own gun, cant be a begger all the time you know - haha.

@Carbon - *insert reply to Badger here* - and yes, thank you, most helpful. I have heard good and bad about a few interests I have gun-wise, and I appreciate your honest opinion. :D

@ general feed, yes, I am the general photographer, no I'm not going to completely stop taking pics, and for those of you who were at red dragon this month, the good feedback, I thank you, but the rumored bad feed back, I would appreciate not being called rude things, and if you dont like the camera around - then why do you pose for me? lol

Vinvyin 03-27-2012 10:08 AM

You forgot Dboys makes a SCAR (MK16). They are the cheapest, but they have know to have problems (I have owned one).

stonewall 03-27-2012 10:09 AM

not even honey badger...........................awwww shucks

Wrath the Furious 03-27-2012 10:24 AM

Greetings Drifter, it's nice to see more people from UC. You guys should make a club. If you do, I am sure you could find enough people to start up in your area. I have a best friend who used to be on my airsoft squad, before we all split up and went to college. He's at UC and I have been trying to get him back into playing, so I would send him your way. Anyway, I am also 21 and the Vice President of the OSU Airsoft Club. For being new to the forums, it is clear that you have some understanding of Airsoft on a broad scale, and know some basics of the game. I am sure that will serve you well here. Perhaps we will meet on the battlefield.

CRASH_TF330 GUNSLINGERS 03-27-2012 12:14 PM

Welcome to AO Drifter!!! I hope your experience is rewarding. You'll meet some cool people on here. Have fun.

Italian 03-27-2012 12:17 PM

But the question is,

DO YOU DRIFT?

Drifter 03-27-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonewall (Post 378280)
not even honey badger...........................awwww shucks

nope sorry stonewall. :P

Tiimelord 03-27-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinvyin (Post 378267)
UC! My brother and I are currently attending UC (Freshman). I still have yet to meet Tiimelord but eventually I will.

On the contrary, my friend, you already have :) Remember Dark Horizon? I believe it was you who came to sit next to an innocent looking civilian ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italian (Post 378289)
But the question is,

DO YOU DRIFT?

Lol trolls be trollin'. And yes, she does. Unfortunately just not how you think. Haha

Drifter 03-27-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italian (Post 378289)
But the question is,

DO YOU DRIFT?

actually i kinda do. lol. not in the right kind of car, but look at it in a different sense of the word.

Vinvyin 03-27-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiimelord (Post 378306)
On the contrary, my friend, you already have :) Remember Dark Horizon? I believe it was you who came to sit next to an innocent looking civilian ;)

OH YA!! I remember now! Best part of the event for me. That was amazing I must say.

Rowdy 03-27-2012 03:34 PM

Welcome to AO, I think Phil introduced you to me at Red Dragon. Hopefully I'll see you on the field soon too!

Rogeta 03-27-2012 06:42 PM

I saw The juvenile remarks comment and had to delete and try again multiple times before having an adequate post. Haha nah I'm kidding, welcome to the forums!

Italian 03-27-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drifter (Post 378307)
actually i kinda do. lol. not in the right kind of car, but look at it in a different sense of the word.

Im riding with you two next time we all go to chipotle.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

tx582 03-27-2012 09:03 PM

Well welcome to AO I met timelord at my first valley creek event and have talked to him prior to event so ye welcome look forward to playing with you and timelord

Drifter 03-27-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italian (Post 378376)

most people are terrified when they ride with me - lol

Drifter 03-27-2012 09:56 PM

thanks for all the welcoming, i feel special :)

Italian 03-27-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drifter (Post 378380)
most people are terrified when they ride with me - lol

I like terror.

Its spices up my days.

Rygar 03-27-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italian (Post 378382)
I like terror.

Its spices up my days.

It also stunts your growth...OH CRAP! This boy has been terrorized since the day he was born!!! ;)

Welcome to AO Drifter! It's refreshing to have another of the opposite gender slinging plastic! Especially when they tag one of the 'haters' and they go off on a rant and mope around because they were tagged 'by a girl'. hehe. Love it!

Drifter 03-27-2012 10:13 PM

lol. trolls be trolling. hahaha. and there's been a few times where i was the only female on the field at all. but

Tiimelord 03-28-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italian (Post 378376)

Shotgun. (filler) +1 for Chipotle.