Airsoft Ohio Forums

Airsoft Ohio Forums (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/index.php)
-   Newbie FAQ (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=321)
-   -   Black Camo? (http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48796)

Ohio Pride 07-12-2013 11:53 AM

Black Camo?

I want to get started airsofting and first things first. I need to start my loadout. I want to have a black loadout but when I look up games it says are you going to show up in green based bdus or tan based bdus? I like indoor cqb games and I have been watching youtube videos and a lot of people have black kits. I want black but do airsoft fields allow it? Will I get an armband or something? Sorry if this was already asked but I need to know.

jonahm740 07-12-2013 11:59 AM

Generally speaking Ohio it is up to the organizer what side you fall into. Off camo that is hard to categorize such as all black, urban loadouts etc are often used to "equalize" whatever side needs players. You won't be turned away at a field for it I can tell you that.

rootbeerking202 07-12-2013 12:16 PM

If you are doing an impression, then Black is common for that type stuff.

However, if you want to take part in games, about 99% of games will not allow black.

One thing you can do, which I have seen before, is have green-based BDU, such as woodland and MARPAT, and then wear black gear over it to create a green based loadout, and still have the positive of cheap, slick, black gear that you prefer.

I saw a loadout video once with green with black gear... I'll try to find it.

rootbeerking202 07-12-2013 12:30 PM

Most fields will not allow black centered, but what you can do is get green based BDU and then get black gear over it. It creates a pretty nice look.

There's a video somewhere... I'll try to find it...

79stang 07-12-2013 12:45 PM

It's really up to the event organizer. I have seen it on both sides depends on the game. Also, there might be a special group that uses it in the game, if you aren't part of that group, you will not be able to use it.

I suggest getting a green or tan based camo along with the black (if you must have black). Its generally not a good choice, you stick out in the woods, but if you are doing a SWAT/ Umbrella Co loadout, its a must.

Vector 07-12-2013 03:23 PM

Some fields allow you to have any kind of loadout you want. Typically the majority of people use DESPAT or MARPAT depending if they're on tan or green. Some fields only allow green and tan strictly. A lot of people use multicam. If you're wearing multicam you can be on either side just to let you know. Now I have several loadouts, one being half black. It all depends on the field rules but the majority allows you to have black. Now if it's a big event or a more advanced op, you might not be able to use black. I hope I could help.

szak416 07-12-2013 04:03 PM

If you are wearing black BDU you will more than likely be put on greenfor, no armband needed.

RyeBread 07-12-2013 08:45 PM

Ask this in the 'stupid/general questions' thread, since the newbie faq isn't for questions. ;)

If it were me, I'd buy a woodland bdu (they're cheap), black bdu, and black gear. Woodland bdu and black gear looks fine together, and you avoid a lot of hassle with getting it approved by organizers and everything. And you still have a full black loadout for special roles and indoor play.

RyeBread 07-12-2013 08:50 PM

Ask stuff like this in the 'stupid/general questions' thread, since the newbie faq isn't for questions. ;)

If it were me, I'd buy a black bdu, a woodland bdu, and black gear. That way I'd be able to play in events without messing around and having to get special permission and stuff. Woodland bdu's are pretty cheap. And you'd still have a black loadout for indoor games and special roles in milsim events.

WhiteOut 07-12-2013 11:35 PM

Best thing I would say to do? Get tan or green pants, and then you could run a black shirt, pc, helmet/hat, etc. A lot of people do not like black camo unless there are armbands. I'd stick with tan or green based camoflauge though. Multicam4lyfe

1st recon 07-13-2013 12:56 PM

basical "black camo" is considered green team because its a darker color(obviously)

AppleJackson 07-13-2013 07:12 PM

There's no indoor or CQB fields around here to my knowledge, and black is an awful camo that gets super hot and will generally suck in every aspect. Just get actual camo.

Bull Dog 07-13-2013 10:29 PM

Most of the airsoft fields allow black camo, but they are usually the people that are switched from one team to another based on if one team has more players than another. I say go for it black camo is cool and its all on your preference on how you like different camos. Good luck

Nytemayr 07-16-2013 01:02 PM

To answer your question black would probably used to balance out the teams.

Searcher 07-17-2013 06:17 PM

Typical camouflage out there for example are desert, desert digital, multicam, etc and all these would be considered tan side. Then you have your typical green based ones: woodland, digital, flecktarn, etc.

Especially now, black would be a rough kit to sport in the coming sun all day. Sometimes a particular camo is needed for a side. Howerver, at the discretion of the Event Organizer (EO) he may place you on tan or green.

At cleveland indoor airsoft (cia) i'll sport black pants with a tan top.
I rocked the same kit outside i roasted my nuts off.

Cheers.

CobraBolt 07-18-2013 02:45 AM

My first war I went to you had the same choice , green or tan. What I had done was just have the green pants (woodland) and had a black top (black vest and black shirt) they didn't say much to it because they had mixed up the teams a bit. We were not supplied with an arm band, it was you know who's on your team and who's not but it made it easy because there were tons of younger kids there, including myself. I'm not sure on cqb because all of the cqb games that I have been to have been outdoor, sorry for no help there.

CJ1993 07-19-2013 01:15 PM

Actually, I've found that solid black works well when you're playing in a wooded area. If you stick to the shadows, you'll get overlooked just as often as the guys wearing the camo. Fields around here do allow you to wear black, but if you're talking about attending a milsim or similar event, then you are usually required to have a certain BDU pattern, and solid black is often NOT one of your choices. Just something to keep in mind. As far as the CQB fields are concerned, I'm actually not as familiar with those arenas, so I don't have a sure answer for you. However, I would assume these places would have open play days where you're allowed to use whatever loadout you wish. Black would probably work well on this instance, as well, since most of the cqb arenas I've seen aren't very brightly lit.

only1joker 07-23-2013 08:47 PM

black

im not 100% sure on this since i have not been to many milsim events but id assume you would be used as a force equalizer

only1joker 07-23-2013 08:48 PM

i have not been to many milsim games but but id assume you would be used as a force equalizer

only1joker 07-23-2013 08:49 PM

i have not been to many milsim events but id assume you would be a force equalizer

Jables 07-24-2013 12:05 AM

What you see on the events about green based BDUs and Tan Bases BDUs is mostly relevant to Milsim events. Most fields (actually, I think all fields) do not have BDU restrictions on open play events. At most open plays, you get armbands designating what team you are on.

Here's some advice: Do not use black BDUs. They only really work in dark urban environments. For forest battles, M81 Woodland is a cheap type of camo that will get the job done.

Doc2079 08-04-2013 06:02 PM

Typically Black BDU's are reserved for special teams such as "Police" or something of that nature. Now if you wanna run a black vest and black drop leg holster or something to that extent that is permitted anywhere as long as you have the proper BDU's underneath.

Though if you go to open plays they are typically accepted and you'll be assigned a team either green or tan, black BDU's are kinda the wild card i think.

Daxter 08-18-2013 06:41 PM

Well this might be okay to do during an Open Play but most places use Green vs Tan to make things simpler do determine friend or foe. If you did do it, you'd at least need a green/tan top. And mixing camos just looks nasty and confuses people.

Also, most fields here in Ohio are a mix of indoor and outdoor play. So having a loadout thats CQB specific might be in bad taste looking from a tactical standpoint. Take a look through some event picture, get an idea of what works, and what doesn't, and just make a loadout that's simple and practical.

axantrajul 09-02-2013 04:35 PM

I might get but am aren't sure about it

Viking 09-09-2013 12:16 PM

I don't see why not, we have had player's attend events in the past who have worn black. We have had player's who have worn there issued ACU's which is not a green or tan based uniform. As always, just check with an event organizer's before attending if your unsure.

But generally, black would fall under a miscellaneous camp along with ACU and you would be placed on what ever side who has the fewer number's. This is how it has been with all the games I've played.

Black is an excellent color, along with OD, to run in the woods, especially when you take advantage of the shadows and darker shades.