Rate this Entry

Review: LA Police Gear Operator Pants

Posted 05-28-2011 at 02:53 PM by Carnival
A Review of LA Police Gear Operator Pants
Brand: LA Police Gear
Website: http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapolice...cal-pants.html
Price: 14.99-49.99 USD
DOP: November 2010
Useage: 4 times a week avg. mild-heavy work.
Color: Black. Khaki
Size: 34 reg
Fabric: Cotton/Polyester
Notes: 2 Big Cargo Pockets each fits 2 m4 mags. 2 Small Lower Cargo Pockets, Fit an M4 mag. Boot Ties on each leg.

Back in November I picked up two pairs of LA police gear Operator pants, 1 in black and one Khaki. Since than I have used them for airsoft, snow removal/sled riding/etc and at work. (Landscaping) After 7 months of having them neither pair have any signs of wear/fading in the color. Although be aware that staining on these pants will not be fully removed. (more prevalent on the Khaki pants) I have used the Khaki pair more often and in a harsher enviorment. I use them 2-3 times a week for 6 hours at a time for landscaping work and so far I've had no rips or tears. Slight stains in the fabric from mulching etc. The material of the pants repels water which is nice for keeping gasoline, pesticides etc off of your skin. Also, the material breaths nicely and vents enough to keep you from over heating. The boot tie downs at the bottom of the pants work very well and keep out dirt etc from your boots. The pockets are sturdy and slanted so that you can easily get things in and out of them. the only weak spot would be the button for the waist could tear off after a long time, however it can easily be re-sewn on or replaced with spares. The knees have slots for soft knee pads, which are a lifesaver if your going to be using these for airsoft or any physical work. Overall I'm really satisfied with these pants and for the price you can't beat them.
Posted in Airsoft Reviews
Views 8921 Comments 7 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old
    Good review buddy!
  2. Old
    I have these pants and I really like them for the cost.
  3. Old
    I have two pairs as well (navy blue and khaki) and have had no problems with them ever. In fact, I wear them most days when I am not in uniform. I wish some of the closeout were in my size so I could get other colors...
  4. Old
    The only issue I have with them is that they're cut smaller than the TAD pants they are a copy of, and the material stuck to my legs. I might have had a bad batch or something, who knows.
  5. Old
    Update: Wash the pants inside out to avoid having any of the plastic hardware getting destroyed in the dryer.
  6. Old
    The plastic hardware is pretty well cheap. So carry some paracord or other string in the pockets to replace them when they break.
  7. Old
    I didn't care for the feel of them either. I had the feeling the stitching was just subpar. I ended up replacing both of my pairs with TRU trousers.

I didn't care for the velcro sizing tabs on the Operators. I think the Elastic Wasteband version may have been more to my liking. And maybe if they were NyCo instead of PolyCo.

They did look quite good when paired with a CB Rigger's belt. I was told many times how awesome I looked. Who could blame them, really? CB Rigger's belt is just awesome and I am also awesome... All that awesomeness combined can be overwhelming for someone not wearing a rigger's belt....or someone who is not me...
    Updated 06-14-2011 at 02:32 PM by Texx