Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > vietec

Rate this Entry

SocomGear M9A1

Posted 02-06-2010 at 12:01 PM by vietec

Manufacturers:
-As for the M92 line, almost every Gas Blow Back company makes one. Tokyo Marui, Western Arms, KSC/KWA, KWC (if you count the Taurus), Tanaka, Bell,
HFC, KJW, and WE-Tech/SocomGear.

Background History
-SocomGear is a Taiwanese company that seems to be made from the same Original Equipment Manufacturer as WE-Tech. My bet is that it's based on the
same specifications as WE M92s, with a few minor tweaks to design, like the thread adapter and a few other subtle differences. I am not entirely sure, but
the slide on my SocomGear M92 feels a little bit lighter, and less sluggy than teh WE-tech slides. That is in comparison with older gen WE M92s, as I recall.

Model:
-M9A1

Specifications:
-Magazine holds 25+1 rounds
-The gun shoots ~350FPS
-Features a rail on the frame
-Full metal body
-Rubberized grips
-Features a lanyard loop

Accessories needed to run:
-Green Gas
-Silicon Lube

Cost and place of purchase:
-I purchased this M9A1 at AirSoft Smith, for $150+tax

Intro/First Impressions:
-There's a long story behind this particular purchase. I took a trip to my local airsoft shop (well, as local as one and half hour away can be considered) to buy
Pantac CIRAS, and saw this little beauty. After playing around with it a bit, I bought the second to last one and was having fun with it in no time. By the end
of the day, I left the store $540 or so poorer, due to the fact that I also bought a propane adapter to run my new M203 shells. Seeing as how this was an
impulse buy, I'm sure you guys know my enthusiasm in regards to this gun.

Looks:
-The gun comes with a thread adapter, that allows you to attach your included GemTech licensed suppressor. Sadly, the included suppressor is mock, and is
not easily modified to have foam fit in it.
-If you want to have a cleaner looking gun without a suppressor, you can take the thread adapter off. It is a standard right hand threading. When it comes
from the manufacturer however, it is glued in, so you have to soak your new barrel into boiling water for a few minutes, then take off the adapter.
-This gun looks absolutely amazing, it also runs quite nicely. Although I wish that the trademarks were typical Beretta trademarks, but the SocomGear
trademarks do a good job of filling empty spaces (gigity gig)
Posted in Airsoft Reviews
Views 6268 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    Where did you get those WE mags at ?
    Posted 11-21-2011 at 09:25 PM by airsoftcrazy36 airsoftcrazy36 is offline