Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > HitMan

Rate this Entry

What you use doesn't mean you are mature.

Posted 09-05-2009 at 11:28 AM by HitMan
Updated 09-06-2009 at 08:50 PM by HitMan
As I am reading AO this morning, I come across a couple of posts that leave me a little miffed. Now, I have read these types of posts since I have joined but the writers of these posts don't seem to get the picture. I'm talking about posts where people say they are mature for this and that reason. I want to help this community out a little and although it has been said before, I feel it needs to be said again. "Your gear and guns does not make you a mature player, nor does your age."

It doesn't matter that you have a gun that isn't a Cybergun. It doesn't matter you are 13, 14, 15, etc... You should never have to post about how those things make you a mature player. Maturity is how you conduct yourself on the field and around others. One cannot claim themselves a mature individual and be taken seriously. He/she has to gain the respect of others and be held in a good opinion to gain the title (it seems recently) of a mature player.

You can bring a crappy AEG or springer to an event but as long as you come with the right attitude and work your hardest with your squad and for your team, then you will do fine. That doesn't go for milsim though, so don't bring your high cap mags and walmart guns and say, "HitMan said I could!"

To keep this short and sweet, I'm sure most if not everyone will agree with me. Go to a game. Get your name and face out there into the community and have a good time. Learn from your mistakes and become a better player because of them. Stop posting about how you and your friends are mature players. It will help you out in the long run.

Have a good day!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7215 Comments 10 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old
    Well, inversely, some people need to remember that players aren't worthless scum for not owning a PTW or the like.
  2. Old
    I believe that if you have a good attitude and try your best on the field, it doesn't matter what you use. My point is, you will be judged on how you behave rather than what you use. Telling us to respect you solely because of what you own is silly. Be a good member of the community and you will prevail.
  3. Old
    I agree with you on the aspect of the equipment, but with age does come a certain level of maturity. The older you are the more experienced. The more you experience, the more you understand, and hopefully the more you understand the more you apply, thus resulting in maturity.
  4. Old
    Nice and well said.
  5. Old
    Good Entry. Actions speak louder than words.
  6. Old
    I only play with a 5000 round box mag on my m4 at milsims!
  7. Old
    I believe the true standard of an individuals maturity is in how they react to being hit. For example, I am 42 years old, and I can be shot in the butt by any gun, at any range, and I can hardly feel a thing. The absorbent undergarments I wear for my bladder control problem also absorb the impact of most any B.B.. Some call them "Depends", I call them 6 m.m. Kevlar
    Posted 09-08-2009 at 06:15 PM by
  8. Old
    I totally agree with this post. Whether you own a Jg or a PTW doesnt matter its how you conduct yourself on the field. For example at the last event i was at I saw one person probably around 13 or 14 with a g36 as his primary, a p90 for backup and a M9 in his holster. He was fully decked out with gear from head to toe with a nice quality vest nice goggles, the works yet this person would sit in a building in the middle of a large fire fight with his goggles off. When I suggested that he keep them on he started to argue with me about how he would never get hit where he was, I simply responded, "It's better to be safe than sorry." then I found a ref and reported this incident.
  9. Old
    Very good entry Hitman.
  10. Old
    My PTW, CYMA & CIRAS will rule you all at like 1000yrds. Why? Because it's elite....

Nice post HM!