Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > TacMedic

Rate this Entry

Beer

Posted 08-11-2009 at 02:46 AM by TacMedic
The summer months have been upon us. In the longer days graced come hotter suns and more humid skies for us to endure. BBQ's are held with close company on our patios and in our backyards. The ladies are wearing the clothing of shorter persuasion. Work, for those outdoors, tends to be of the harder persuasion. With the times of warmer weather, we seek more refreshing beverages with an ice cold taste.

I have finished another exhausting day of training at the fire department, and a beverage is in order. As I write this I am enjoying a 250th Anniversary Guinness Stout, and it gives me inspiration. Any month and any season is reason to celebrate the blessing that is beer. As Benjamin Franklin once put; "Beer is proof that God loves us." Couldn't agree more.

However, the summer time of hot long days and cool refreshing nights, are the best times to enjoy ones cool hoppy brew. From the darkest of stouts to the coolest of pilsners; I shall be refreshed. From the hopiest of ales to the crispest of lagers; I shall be refreshed. To the thickest of porters to the lightest of hefeweizens; I shall be refreshed.

This may seem to be as random and pointless a blog as they may come, but to those out there who know; it need not speak a word. If you be under the age of magical 21, my condolences. Await your time, and you shall know. Bud Light and Keystone do not do justice to the taste bud ecstasy that awaits you. Fear not, for you have a lifetime to learn; your time shall come.

For those who are old enough to partake in the liquid from our barley fields, I raise a glass to you and say: "Drink up my brothers for another day is done, and I look forward raising a glass to you on the sunset of our next battle."
Tags: beer
Posted in General Thoughts
Views 6318 Comments 9 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old
    Cheers Tac
  2. Old
    ( gets a Sam Adams from the fridge )

Wow thanks man, I almost forgot its beer-thirty. Better late than never.
  3. Old
    That is poetry sir, poetry.

Been drinking Corona for the USA v Mexico match since 4
  4. Old
    I've been moved to stop for a Bourbon Barrel Ale on the way home from work. Thanks for the excuse.
  5. Old
    the legal age doesnt stop a lot of people...
  6. Old
    How's the 250th Anniversary? As it'll soon be my 21st, I definitely plan to partake of my 'birthday beer'
  7. Old
    IMHO, the 250th is delicious.

*Heads over to the fridge and digs out an ice cold Hoegaarden*

Cheers to you sir, and Cheers to Beer!

*glug glug glug*
  8. Old
    Cheers to Beer's
  9. Old
    I think I may venture to the pub down the street this weekend and grab a glass or two of Newcastle.