Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Silverfox

Rate this Entry

Introduction

Posted 08-04-2009 at 08:28 PM by Silverfox
There are some things in life that, no matter how much you try to keep them from getting under your skin, will frustrate you. They can be a minor annoyance, or cause a full blown psychotic episode. Luckily hobbies are a great way to relieve this stress from everyday life. Some people work on cars for fun. Some play sports or video games. My hobby of choice is airsoft.

I started playing a bit over a year ago with my brother in law. It started out with me being an extra target. I had nothing to contribute. I'd show up most every Sunday in jeans and a t-shirt. I'd happily accept any gun that someone didn't feel like playing with. I'd chip in cash for BB's when I could afford it. I had hardly anything to offer. So I tried to be the best opponent I could be.

Playing against my friends has not only honed my skills, but I hope has polished theirs. I've learned how people tend to react in certain situations. My sense of awareness has increased phenomenally. I'm calm under pressure, and I think clearly. Airsoft has also helped me be a better team player. This hobby has really benefited me.

I still play most every week. The guys I play with are awesome and chipped in to buy a great gun for me. I got camo for my birthday. I am so grateful for these gifts. I hope to be a worthy adversary for them.

-Silverfox out
Views 1806 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments